Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has the riven slot cap ever come up in the past few years about whether an increase possibility is in the future?

TNDA_VICE

Question

Just wondering if the devs have touched on this.  I know that they take up space on servers but that was a long time ago that we received that answer.  Has it ever been addressed or come up in a prime time or devstream about a possible cap increase?  

Thanks

Edited by TNDA_VICE

12 answers to this question

If they increase the cap now it will not be enough in 3 weeks.

There is no way anyone needs as much space for unveiled rivens, unless he trades with them. Veiled rivens do not count for the cap. I would know, I got over 200. Just dissolve or transmute the rivens you do not plan to use. Nobody will buy them.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

Dang.  I mean I wasn't expecting to have a riven for every weapon, but I have a different primary secondary and melee for every frame loadout that are riven modded.  With another frame being added I can no longer due this due to the current cap.

Just putting this explanation from Devshorts 28 here in case it's useful, but mainly so I can find it later:

14m12s if the video doesn't autostart there.

I don't have a link, but I recall before when somebody at DE has given a longer explanation, Arsenal load time was singled out as a problematic bottleneck.

• Like 1

On 2024-08-20 at 7:08 AM, Zakkhar said:

There is no way anyone needs as much space for unveiled rivens, unless he trades with them. Veiled rivens do not count for the cap. I would know, I got over 200. Just dissolve or transmute the rivens you do not plan to use. Nobody will buy them.

Yeah, nobody will buy or it would be hard to sell (no worth the effort). I still do that (mostly disolve for endo) or buy slots (I'm near 100 capacity and I have most things so I can waste some plat). It's still feel bad. I've spend some time getting & unlocking this riven (unless 1x cipher) and it's just goes "puff 100 endo" like any mission.

13 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

14m12s if the video doesn't autostart there.

You need to click "paste as link" or similar otherwise it embed videos/images.

On 2024-08-19 at 10:26 PM, TNDA_VICE said:

Just wondering if the devs have touched on this.  I know that they take up space on servers but that was a long time ago that we received that answer.  Has it ever been addressed or come up in a prime time or devstream about a possible cap increase?  

Thanks

TLDR: The uniqueness of rivens takes up a lot of space, so if everyone had infinite capacity, it would take extra terabytes of database space which is very expensive. They've upped it a few times here and there, I remember the cap being at 128 not that long ago and mine is 132 now.

43 minutes ago, Agall said:

TLDR: The uniqueness of rivens takes up a lot of space, so if everyone had infinite capacity, it would take extra terabytes of database space which is very expensive. 

Someone long ago made a calculation how much space it actually takes (unless they keep the data in jpg files)

It doesnt mention the "portrait" as data, but I am sure those are finite and numbered somehow so it would be 20 values.

They've upped it a few times here and there, I remember the cap being at 128 not that long ago and mine is 132 now.

High MR grants you additional riven slots over limit, you can also gain riven slots from Daily Login milestones (+3).

Players start off with 15 inventory slots for Riven mods, which can be increased by purchasing 3 slots for Platinum64 60 at a time from the Market, up to a maximum of 150 slots (total cost to buy additional 135 slots is Platinum64 2,700). Achieving MR 30 earns an additional 30 slots for a total of 180.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Someone long ago made a calculation how much space it actually takes (unless they keep the data in jpg files)

It doesnt mention the "portrait" as data, but I am sure those are finite and numbered somehow so it would be 20 values.

High MR grants you additional riven slots over limit, you can also gain riven slots from Daily Login milestones.

Players start off with 15 inventory slots for Riven mods, which can be increased by purchasing 3 slots for Platinum64 60 at a time from the Market, up to a maximum of 150 slots (total cost to buy additional 135 slots is Platinum64 2,700). Achieving MR 30 earns an additional 30 slots for a total of 180.

Must've been a daily login reward, I'm close to 2100 now and I might get some more, but I should just spend the platinum I already have to increase my cap at this point.

16 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

They've upped it a few times here and there, I remember the cap being at 128 not that long ago and mine is 132 now.

High MR grants you additional riven slots over limit.

Yeah, 150 + 30 for MR  30.

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't have a link, but I recall before when somebody at DE has given a longer explanation, Arsenal load time was singled out as a problematic bottleneck.

I have the max number of unveiled rivens and I have at least 1 of every mod, as of this past spring at least. I also stopped dissolving dupes for endo years ago as I have more than I can possibly use from when the railjack rivens were simplified and all those dupes were melted. Not that the amounts of each pile adds much to the lookup.

My modstation takes a few moments to load while it pulls data for it all, so I can see that being a problem there.

• Like 2