The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

should have been natah model.

I picked natah after the new war and they said those choices were permanent. If I am going to be locked into what the lotus looks like, they shouldn't change it if it is convenient for them. she even has the natah name and voice lines. If I am going to be stuck with choice regret, then it better be consistent choice regret.

• Like 8

This upset me. Why give us 3 models and a number of skins and then not have them be applied in Quests/cutscenes?

Why give choices only to show the canon choice in future quests. It makes things feel bad.

Apparently...

Operator & Lotus persona were the canon choices from TNW. Everything else was wrong. 

Why give these choices only to rob players of the pay off/consequences? 

• Like 3

Since my custom Lotus (which uses the skin released with Xaku Deluxe) appeared properly, I'm willing to bet it's because the Natah model uses a different animation rig.

• Like 3

I'd say bug, issue with the Natah model, or maybe if you changed her customizations off of the Natah model. I chose Lotus, and I even got my recolor, so customizations can work, but it is a shame yours didn't.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, matt11mz said:

I'd say bug, issue with the Natah model, or maybe if you changed her customizations off of the Natah model. I chose Lotus, and I even got my recolor, so customizations can work, but it is a shame yours didn't.

it made her the golden lotus from after the new war...

I don't even have that skin...

Edited by dangerdragon117

14 часов назад, dangerdragon117 сказал:

I picked natah after the new war and they said those choices were permanent. If I am going to be locked into what the lotus looks like, they shouldn't change it if it is convenient for them. she even has the natah name and voice lines. If I am going to be stuck with choice regret, then it better be consistent choice regret.

The New War choice permanently affects only her name: Lotus, Margulis or Natah (as it affects the side of her personality that takes the leading role). The appearance was never meant to be permanent. That's why after the New War two skins are given for free: the one you've chose and Lotus Skin.

Even canonically permanency of her appearance makes little sense - Natah is a shapeshifter by her nature, she was born by Sentients to be a spy, a mimic.

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

The New War choice permanently affects only her name: Lotus, Margulis or Natah (as it affects the side of her personality that takes the leading role).

Btw, is there a difference between all 3 in what she says ? Or does that choice only impact the name written but all 3 "versions" say the same lines ?

3 минуты назад, Chewarette сказал:

Btw, is there a difference between all 3 in what she says ? Or does that choice only impact the name written but all 3 "versions" say the same lines ?

The choice only affects the phrase she says right after you've made it, reacting to what name you chose. And it sets her name.

It doesn't affect any of her dialogue lines in following quests/cuteness.

13 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

The choice only affects the phrase she says right after you've made it, reacting to what name you chose. And it sets her name.

It doesn't affect any of her dialogue lines in following quests/cuteness.

That's what I suspected, but it would have been nice if it impacted her small dialogue in Lotus Eaters. Even if it's the same lines but toned differently.

I guess it would have set a precedent that would be difficult for DE to maintain in the case Lotus ever has a huge amount of dialogue lines in future quests

• Like 1

3 hours ago, igyman said:

I use the Natah appearance too (and have made that choice in the New War) and she appeared using that model during Lotus Eaters.

She did?

Guess you got lucky.

A number of people I know chose Natah and she appeared as Normal Lotus to them.

2 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Do they have "Creator mode" enabled in their game settings?

I'll ask but they are newer so they probably don't even know what Creator mode is.

Только что, Aerikx сказал:

I'll ask but they are newer so they probably don't even know what Creator mode is.

Yeah, that's a common mistake - people turn it on without thinking of what it does and then wonder why their Lotus looks different.

1 minute ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Yeah, that's a common mistake - people turn it on without thinking of what it does and then wonder why their Lotus looks different.

Yeah but that would require them to mess with UI.

As the screenshots they often show me have the basic vitruvian UI and scales and etc....doubtful.

• Like 1

1 минуту назад, Aerikx сказал:

Yeah but that would require them to mess with UI.

As the screenshots they often show me have the basic vitruvian UI and scales and etc....doubtful.

The Creator Mode isn't related to UI settings. Its switch is located in Social Services section of the game settings.

14 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

The Creator Mode isn't related to UI settings. Its switch is located in Social Services section of the game settings.

I know that.

What I am alluding to is that I doubt any of them have even bothered to mess with any settings. Save for one of them.

I plan to ask them when they punch into work today. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Corvid said:

Since my custom Lotus (which uses the skin released with Xaku Deluxe) appeared properly, I'm willing to bet it's because the Natah model uses a different animation rig.

When I played threw the prologue natah appeared as natah for me as she should soo, I'm not understanding what people are talking about, it properly uses my customization for her and she stays standing there after properly customized