The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

can we have more uses for riven slivers?

I am mainly saying this due to the fact that i just have way too many lying around that i can't use but can we have more uses for riven slivers, the current stuff that we can get from paladino's shop uses 35 riven slivers a week, which sounds like a lot but then you realise that they can be pretty easy to get whether its from enemies or popping requiem relics, I'm not asking for more rivens but maybe add more uses for them like for example, maybe you could exchange them for relic packs, , have a unique item each week similar to teshin's steel path store where you can get forma, endo, umbra forma, bigger stockpiles of kuva, maybe even aura forma or exilus adaptors of all kinds each week, riven-themed customizations that are one-time buys, maybe even a new type of weapon that can use any kind of riven but 1. it adjusts the stats to the disposition of the weapon itself, leading to the stats either going up or down and 2. being able to use multiple rivens on one of these weapons that in exchange the stats of the rivens are reduced if there are multiple equipped, these are just examples of what could be added but i feel it would be nice for there to be more options and more permanent stuff rather then a place to get rivens and currencies every week.

• Like 7

totally agree. I mean sure, some ressources are supposed to stack up indefinitely kind of, but riven slivers even get 'special marked' on their own like steel essence, and I believe I have over 9k riven slivers at this point.

• Like 3

I would love to see some "Riven Stat Locker Blueprint" from either SP liches or SP railjack (if only) that would only cost like 10 slivers to craft, and would allow for one Riven mod to roll once (consumable) with one stat locked (or two, three, if using many).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

Cant think of 1 use and you are here complaining there is too many of them.
Slivers Rivenous or whatever it is supposed to mean, what are these things even? I do not understand.

I feel like I'm having a stroke trying to read this comment.

• Like 6

Kuva, Riven Slivers... Potentially special resources, but then you'll realize you're only doing Kuva Siphon missions to get Requiem Relics (which themselves can give Kuva) to fight your Kuva Lich while there's so many other ways you'll find an excess from (or at least I hardly have anything to use them for). Riven Slivers aren't too hard to get either, just get an Eximus Stronghold mission in the daily Sortie or go on a high endurance Survival mission if normal routine missions aren't cutting it. And you only get to use like 20 per week from Palladino on Riven mods, maybe another 10 if you're desperate for Kuva (which you probably don't need to purchase weekly). Last option's credits, but you're getting that in excess from just gameplay, and you can use a booster to double the amount if you really need it.

Relic Packs would definitely be a welcome addition to the shop. Wouldn't mind an option to be able to lock a given stat on a Riven either, so I can keep the Crit Chance I want on my bow but replace the recoil buff that does nothing.

• Like 3

On 2024-08-30 at 3:09 PM, MrDugan said:

I feel like I'm having a stroke trying to read this comment.

Totally agree lol, and seems like this guy is just trying to cause trouble...  But also, the OP wasn't complaining and instead brought up a good point that all of us have thought about.  I too have over 30k silvers and could think up many uses for them like: converting them to something else, buying more riven slots with them, applying them to the rivens instead of using endo, so many ways they could potentially be used!!

• Like 2

Just now, SquishyWiggles said:

Totally agree lol, and seems like this guy is just trying to cause trouble...  But also, the OP wasn't complaining and instead brought up a good point that all of us have thought about.  I too have over 30k silvers and could think up many uses for them like: converting them to something else, buying more riven slots with them, applying them to the rivens instead of using endo, so many ways they could potentially be used!!

I'm actually fine with there being no other use.  It means it's one less thing I have to actively farm for.  I just get my free rivens and kuva every week and then forget they exist until reset.

2 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

I'm actually fine with there being no other use.  It means it's one less thing I have to actively farm for.  I just get my free rivens and kuva every week and then forget they exist until reset.

Thats how I think during warframe burnout, but the rest of the time it seems like a beacon of dissappointment when the material tends to constantly "ping" that it wasn't well thought out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SquishyWiggles said:

Thats how I think during warframe burnout, but the rest of the time it seems like a beacon of dissappointment when the material tends to constantly "ping" that it wasn't well thought out.

It's not burnout, at least for me.  I'm just good at giving myself something to do.  I'm one of the few max rank players that isn't constantly screaming about content drought.  I have plenty left to do.  I'm most of the way done with collecting every arcane.  I keep up with the new gear/prime releases at a pace that doesn't make me want to put my tigris against my forehead.  I get my standing caps for specific factions like the Cavia because unlike everyone else complaining about the melee adapters, I need them.  Because another of my long term goals is putting a full build on every single weapon that the randomizer mechanic can offer me.  There's no burnout.  It's just that when I picture another use for slivers...  I see the game's track record in my head.

"We have so much cryotic from grinding these keys!"  "Here's the Sibear."  Pass.  No thank you.  I do not need anything extra to use these on.  I have nowhere near enough.  Nope.  Super low on them.  Definitely don't need a resource sink for them.  

As far as weekly resource spending goes, I swear I will build a shrine in my dojo to whatever dev decided to remove the shard from Khal of Krappy.  Plate's full.  Plenty of grind.  I do not need another weekly time/resource sink.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

Yeah, in this way they're more like resources  than a currency.

Speaking of which, I'd have no qualms about them being added to the Helminth feeding trough like other resources.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MrDugan said:

It's not burnout, at least for me.  I'm just good at giving myself something to do.  I'm one of the few max rank players that isn't constantly screaming about content drought.  I have plenty left to do.  I'm most of the way done with collecting every arcane.  I keep up with the new gear/prime releases at a pace that doesn't make me want to put my tigris against my forehead.  I get my standing caps for specific factions like the Cavia because unlike everyone else complaining about the melee adapters, I need them.  Because another of my long term goals is putting a full build on every single weapon that the randomizer mechanic can offer me.  There's no burnout.  It's just that when I picture another use for slivers...  I see the game's track record in my head.

"We have so much cryotic from grinding these keys!"  "Here's the Sibear."  Pass.  No thank you.  I do not need anything extra to use these on.  I have nowhere near enough.  Nope.  Super low on them.  Definitely don't need a resource sink for them.  

As far as weekly resource spending goes, I swear I will build a shrine in my dojo to whatever dev decided to remove the shard from Khal of Krappy.  Plate's full.  Plenty of grind.  I do not need another weekly time/resource sink.

for me, its always just i like having more options, i'm not trying to make your weekly farm bigger then it needs to be and there is also the case of if you don't want something one week like credits for example, you can always cut it out and then you have less riven slivers to worry about, i'm not trying to argue against you, its simply an idea on what you can do, also, hard agree with the content drought thing, usually i have stuff to do whether its farming stuff to trade for plat or working on standing for the factions and while i am not going as far as you are with weapons for the randomizers ( because i don't want to have a dual zoran or stug lying around that i will never use ), i do want to make builds for the weapons i do have lying around, namely syndicate weapons, prime weapons, any weapon with a unique variation and of course, the weapons i like using, tennokai made it so i have to work on all my melee builds again so to me, melee exilus adaptors are great for me to go after.

3 hours ago, Duo_Strikes said:

for me, its always just i like having more options, i'm not trying to make your weekly farm bigger then it needs to be and there is also the case of if you don't want something one week like credits for example, you can always cut it out and then you have less riven slivers to worry about, i'm not trying to argue against you, its simply an idea on what you can do, also, hard agree with the content drought thing, usually i have stuff to do whether its farming stuff to trade for plat or working on standing for the factions and while i am not going as far as you are with weapons for the randomizers ( because i don't want to have a dual zoran or stug lying around that i will never use ), i do want to make builds for the weapons i do have lying around, namely syndicate weapons, prime weapons, any weapon with a unique variation and of course, the weapons i like using, tennokai made it so i have to work on all my melee builds again so to me, melee exilus adaptors are great for me to go after.

I just know how DE is.  They love resource sinks, and they usually know exactly how to get people like me to invest in them.  It goes from dropping less than 50 slivers a week to "here's this shiny new thing that is exactly what you want and it's 4 billion riven slivers a week."  The game under the not-that-new-anymore leadership IS doing better.  But they have a very long way to go for me to forget their very long track record of things like Sibear or Hema.

More on your topic, I DID have an idea for your request while I was getting my kuva at reset.  The ability to purchase the kuva more than once, but the sliver cost goes up each time exponentially, just like they do with the Intrinsics grind.  If you've got a billion slivers you can burn through them all very fast with a price like that, but it's not something someone like me would dump a ton of resources into.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-02 at 5:13 PM, MrDugan said:

More on your topic, I DID have an idea for your request while I was getting my kuva at reset.  The ability to purchase the kuva more than once, but the sliver cost goes up each time exponentially, just like they do with the Intrinsics grind.  If you've got a billion slivers you can burn through them all very fast with a price like that, but it's not something someone like me would dump a ton of resources into.

i don't know about the scaling thing but i do like the idea of them making it so you can get multiple purchases out of the credits or kuva options each week rather then have to wait for next week similar to how you can buy multiple relic packs or kuva from the steel path store.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Duo_Strikes said:
16 hours ago, quxier said:

riven ciphers & transmuter, stat locking :3

I'm not fussed about stat locking but an alternative to riven transmuters and riven ciphers would be cool.

Whole riven system have to be reworked but they are afraid to touch it.

Man Rivens need to be looked at in general, the Riven Dispo system was a failure from the get go and just leads to a few poor people at DE having to work a tiny bit more every 3 months to change a number on a handfull of weapons.

And at this point I am sitting on close to 2 mil kuva because I stopped giving a #*!% about rerolling them, there is just no point...

Remove Dispo and add a proper Riven Crafting System to the game not some half baked idea of a riven sliver sink for stat locks.

Don't get me wrong I like your idea but DE has fumbled Rivens so hard, I'd rather see the sink on something else other then Rivens and Kuva

• Like 1

On 2024-09-04 at 3:30 PM, quxier said:

It's not even that hard, they could take inspiration from games like Path of Exile:

- get currency from different content in the game that you can spend on Rivens

- different currency does different things to rivens: Reroll, Reroll with preference, Stat Lock, Corrupt, Influence (adding a Riven to a Set Bonus for example), etc.

- make riven stat strength and riven MR requirement inversely proportional to weapon MR requirement

20 minutes ago, NovaLP said:
On 2024-09-04 at 3:30 PM, quxier said:

It's not even that hard, they could take inspiration from games like Path of Exile:

- different currency does different things to rivens: Reroll, Reroll with preference, Stat Lock, Corrupt, Influence (adding a Riven to a Set Bonus for example), etc.

It's not hard but they are afraid to give "power" sometimes. Same goes with Archon shards.