The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Lenses can be problematic.

krabmorski

Let us break them without replacing them. As a new player I put a lot of focus lenses on my weapons/frames/ and I can't get rid of them, which is annoying because of the yellow Focus Orb makrer popping up. I don't see a reason why we can't just break them and clean our arsenal up. Especially once you max all focus schools the lenses become only an annoyance that pops up randomly during a mission to annoy you with a blinking marker.

• Like 3

As a new player I put a lot of focus lenses on my weapons/frames and I can't get rid of them, which is annoying because of the yellow Focus Orb makrer popping up. I don't see a reason why we can't just break them and clean our arsenal up. Especially once you max all focus schools the lenses become only an annoyance that pops up randomly during a mission to annoy you with a blinking marker.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, krabmorski said:

Let us break them without replacing them. As a new player I put a lot of focus lenses on my weapons/frames/ and I can't get rid of them, which is annoying because of the yellow Focus Orb makrer popping up. I don't see a reason why we can't just break them and clean our arsenal up. Especially once you max all focus schools the lenses become only an annoyance that pops up randomly during a mission to annoy you with a blinking marker.

Just change its colour, it's the easiest thing to do when there is no other option.

Go into OPTIONS, ACCESSIBILITY, scroll to the bottom and under INTERFACE click on Customize HUD Colors.

When the two menus show look at the right one and you'll see Focus, change the colour on the left menu and you'll see it change on the right.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You can use excess Focus to buy stuff once you maxed a school.

If you feel bothered by the orbs or by the lenses on your equipment, I suggest adjusting your unreasonable feelings rather than expecting the game to be adjusted to accomodate them.

I'm always surprised that in this forum there seems to be an invisible race for the random guy to jump in a and shut down any proposal with some questionable remark with very limited value.

What's wrong in asking for the ability to remove a lens from the equipment?
Would such a change cause you pain of any form? Wouldn't that be a reasonable quality of life change like many other this game added?

We can remove any element of our equipment: shards, arcanes, mods. Why not lenses? What's wrong with having such an option? Is there *ANY* usefulness in not having it?
If the lens is destroyed in the process, wouldn't it be an acceptable cost?

Personally, I don't see anything wrong in having such an option.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You can use excess Focus to buy stuff once you maxed a school.

And when you have literally everything from the focus shops what then?
What purpose does it serve at that point?

19 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

If you feel bothered by the orbs or by the lenses on your equipment, I suggest adjusting your unreasonable feelings rather than expecting the game to be adjusted to accomodate them.

And please tell me: What is wrong with wanting the lenses to be removed?

How does it negatively affect you in any way?
How does it negatively affect the game in any way?
Why does someone wanting to do something that has literally no effect on anyone else in the rest of the game, draw such anger?

Please enlighten everyone else as to why asking for the ability to remove lenses has any downsides and would hurt the game or other players who don't want that option.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, S074 said:

What's wrong in asking for the ability to remove a lens from the equipment?

Depends on what you mean by “remove”, but if it’s similar to OP,

1 hour ago, krabmorski said:

I don't see a reason why we can't just break them and clean our arsenal up.

Break as in remove and destroy, it’s fine and won’t hurt the economy, as long as we have manual confirmation (e.g. type “BREAK” to break the lens).

• Like 2

Just now, drakefrostex said:

Depends on what you mean by “remove”, but if it’s similar to OP,

Break as in remove and destroy, it’s fine and won’t hurt the economy, as long as we have manual confirmation (e.g. type “BREAK” to break the lens).

Yes, I meant permanently remove the lens from the game. It's an acceptable sacrifice to clean the equipment up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S074 said:

Would such a change cause you pain of any form?

No, what made you think so? I merely offered a practical suggestion on how to fix OP's problem; It is purely one of misguided perception, a self-made and made-up problem. As such OP can easily fix it himself by just changing the way he percieves the lenses from unreasonably antagonistic, to tolerating their existance.

Let's come up with a hypothetical real-life comparison; If someone really happened to dislike the presence of black and or openly gay people, for example, I believe the best course of action is for that person to just change his mind. Removing any and all black / gay people from his vicinity would obviously not be the reasonably solution.

2 hours ago, krabmorski said:

Just feed the regular frame into helminth and prime version sell for credits. It's that easy

• Like 1

In the beginning focus was supposed to be this long progression and so focus lenses were not as easy to get it is still impossible to reuse or remove them. But as the game is now, is there really a point to keep it like that? Removing them is fine, but I wouldn't be against a lens extractor. For example, if you're planning to feed a warframe to helminth, you could extract the lens and reuse it somewhere else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

No, what made you think so? I merely offered a practical suggestion on how to fix OP's problem; It is purely one of misguided perception, a self-made and made-up problem. As such OP can easily fix it himself by just changing the way he percieves the lenses from unreasonably antagonistic, to tolerating their existance.

Let's come up with a hypothetical real-life comparison; If someone really happened to dislike the presence of black and or openly gay people, for example, I believe the best course of action is for that person to just change his mind. Removing any and all black / gay people from his vicinity would obviously not be the reasonably solution.

wow, no, bad take. This not in any way, shape, or form comparable.

This is like having green paint on your own clothes, not liking having green paint on your own clothes, asking for a way to remove the green paint from your own clothes, and then some guy walks by and says you should get over it and compares it to racism.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Reading such stuffs makes my mood improve a lot. Thanks.

Better hypothetical real-life comparison would be Newsletter. To anyone that doesn't know, it basically you write mail to "someone" and you get mail back every Nth day (oversimplified). For example you get every month mail about "what are new game released last month". How they compare:

- You write mail to someone first to register to get mail every Nth day = in warframe it's putting lens on your gear to get loot

- You get mail every Nth day = in warframe it's you getting focus exp

If you don't want to get Newsletters you can "unsubscribe".

Comparison with gay/black people is bad. For it to "work" you would need to "make" such people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Did you deadass compare me wanting to remove a nuissance to racism and homophobia. You're terminally online, go outside.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Genitive said:

In the beginning focus was supposed to be this long progression and so focus lenses were not as easy to get it is still impossible to reuse or remove them. But as the game is now, is there really a point to keep it like that? Removing them is fine, but I wouldn't be against a lens extractor. For example, if you're planning to feed a warframe to helminth, you could extract the lens and reuse it somewhere else.

All i'm asking for is let me just destroy the lens, that's the bare minimum we can get.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, krabmorski said:

It only shows up if at least 1 piece of your equipment has a lens equipped.

I don't know if that's true, I've seen it show up in the circuit using a warframe and 3 weapons I don't even own.

The flat amount of points from it always go to my current focus school.

Edited by Quest

10 minutes ago, Quest said:

I don't know if that's true, I've seen it show up in the circuit using a warframe and 3 weapons I don't even own.

The flat amount of points from it always go to my current focus school.

Convergence Orbs are yellow glowing pickups that multiply the amount of Affinity converted to Focus by 10x for either a period of 45 seconds, until death, or when the daily Focus cap has been reached, whichever is shortest. They also instantly grant 5,000 Focus points to the current active school.

These orbs appear periodically (with a glowing indication of its location and a chime upon its appearance) throughout a mission if the player has brought a weapon or frame equipped with a Focus Lens. They stop spawning once the daily Focus cap has been reached. They will despawn if not picked up within a minute.

9 hours ago, MrDugan said:

I've seen this complaint more than once now, and it's so bizarre to me.  With all the visual noise in this game, it's the convergence orbs that set you off?  I barely notice them.

First is that convergence clutters not just the screen but also the minimap by adding a waypoint there, and it's one that commonly decides that it has to appear ontop of all the other waypoints, and it's the same yellow colour as other objectives.  That alone is annoying enough.  The screen flashes and such are even more so.
Sure you don't find it annoying, but enough people do that people have started multiple complaint threads asking to remove them, and forum goers are a very small minority of the playerbase, so the fact that a thread like this has been started multiple times by different people means a noticeable chunk of players are annoyed by them.

Second is that there just isn't a good reason not to have the ability to remove/destroy the lens that's in a piece of gear.
It's like anything else you can add onto a piece of gear and then remove later.  And I would fully accept the lens being broken in the removal process, as I can see why DE wouldn't want you to re-use a single lens over and over.  But there should still be a way to do this outside of "Destroy the frame/weapon in question and farm it all over again" which may not be possible in some cases.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MrDugan said:

I've seen this complaint more than once now, and it's so bizarre to me.  With all the visual noise in this game, it's the convergence orbs that set you off?  I barely notice them.

The one thing that "Set off...?" No.

Some people, myself included, ask for a lot of the visual noise to be toned down. Every little bit helps.  I suppose we could make a giant thread with an even larger list and keep adding to it,  like:

•  allow removal of focus lenses so we don't have to see the orbs
  • tone down dark effect of sevagoths abilities so we can see where we're going.
  • tone down excessive aoe explosion effect of bubonico 
       (and enough with the "just turn your settings down - done that to the minimum that is enjoyable for OTHER weapons, or even kuva clouds which become invisible if you turn your effects down too far)
  • tone down effects of tombfinger
  • tone down effects of noctua alt fire
  • Don't waypoint somachords with landing craft ability if you've already scanned them.
  • Don't waypoint frameifghter with landing craft ability if you've already scanned them.
  • Different colors for different types of mission obectives - too many red blobs on map - downed players, actual mission objectives, side mission enemies, alcolytes,
  • yada yada 

However its simpler to ask for simple things one at a time.  Especially things that have zero downside to any player.

• Like 2