The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & the Five Fates - Caliban + Nova Rework

[DE]Sam

vor 6 Stunden schrieb [DE]Sam:

Null Star:

• This ability is now recastable! 

Recasts also require abilities from other frames.
For example, Valkyrie's War Cry absolutely requires a recast of the ability. There is currently no way to renew the buff with the augment (Eternal War).

• Like 6

So Conculyst damage ISN'T going to scale with power strength?  Because that's what I'm getting from "will not scale with warframe mods."  That's fine damage for normal starchart, but will be useless in harder stuff.  That defeats the point of them being the "main damage dealer."  

Also, Fusion Strike no longer leaving a defense strip field is a straight up nerf.  That field was useful for point denial.

Edited by MrDugan
  • Like 8

Overall I think the Caliban rework is good but there are things I don't like.

1º Why don't they let the passive stack with adaptation? Other warframes can do it but Caliban, who is the warframe inspired by the sentients, can't.

2º Now Sentient Wrath has probably become Caliban's best ability which is good but at the same time I feel like he's going to end up like Grendel with Nourish. What's the point of using Caliban if I can put Sentient Wrath on another warframe and it's better than Caliban.

3º Losing the armor/shield removal field from Fusion strike sucks, it was something that made him unique. It had to be improved not removed.

• Like 12

As others have mentioned, the lingering defense strip of Caliban's 4th was only one of very few area strips that could be placed down. I would still love to see this part of the kit vs strict damage buff, especially as the 2nd's vulnerability buff was made a lot better.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, [DE]Sam said:

Removed collision on summons so Caliban’s Progeny does not get in his way, similar to Nekros’ Shadows. 

This is the best Caliban change.

• Like 4

Does this mean that nova's inherit abilities will be removed? For instance, felarx's fourth incarnon applying its 2000% damage bonus on enemy explosions. If this is removed, it will entirely make the explosion damage of her fourth completely useless outside of base missions. I really hope the base coding of this ability was not changed.

• Like 1

Aegis Storm is now much more fluid regarding Ability usage and movement!

• Hildryn can now use Pillage or any Helminth Ability while Aegis Storm is active!
    • Jade is allowed to use Pillage while using her 4th Ability, so we felt Hildryn deserved to utilize Pillage while she flew around, too!
  • Hildryn can now move around when activating Balefire Charger while in Aegis Storm instead of being locked in place for the duration of the animation.
  • Increased Hildryn’s maximum speed, movement acceleration and hover ascension rate while in Aegis Storm.

This awesome, would LOVE to see this for Zephyr as well. She is one of the original flying frames, she deserves some love, especially with how slow and awkward her Tailwind hover is to use compared to Jade.

• Like 1

Just now, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Elaborate

The whole point of Molecular Fission is to not have to spend Energy/time recasting the 1. Why they'd remove it is beyond me. I really hope it's a typo and they mean it's replacing the currently useless Neutron Star (now that the 1 inherently recastable)

• Like 1

Hildryn can now use Pillage or any Helminth Ability while Aegis Storm is active!

• Jade is allowed to use Pillage while using her 4th Ability, so we felt Hildryn deserved to utilize Pillage while she flew around, too!

And yet again, Yareli is forgotten...

Yareli mains truly are the most oppressed minority...

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, MerlintheAgeless said:

The whole point of Molecular Fission is to not have to spend Energy/time recasting the 1. Why they'd remove it is beyond me. I really hope it's a typo and they mean it's replacing the currently useless Neutron Star (now that the 1 inherently recastable)

I hope so too. I don't play Nova, may after the buff but that would be a shame to lose

On second thought, the change making Null star recast able would make the need of this augment null (lol). 
You no longer would have to wait for all stacks to dissapear to get the dr back and now we can get tons more energy from her passive. Probably should still change Neutron star tho

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon
  • Like 2

I still think Balefire Chargers should just be part of Aegis Storm and Hyldrin needs a new 1, but thank god you can now Pillage during Aegis instead of having to spam in and out of it due to the rapid shield drain (and the Chargers will just be equipped, which was super annoying being separate since she can't use any other weapon anyway). We will have to see how well it can be maintained.

hace 12 minutos, Smeryl dijo:

Recasts also require abilities from other frames.
For example, Valkyrie's War Cry absolutely requires a recast of the ability. There is currently no way to renew the buff with the augment (Eternal War).

Let pablo cook, he can do anything in one run.

Just now, MerlintheAgeless said:

I assume since her 1 is now recastable, Molecular Fission's gimmick is no longer needed. Energy conservation was never an issue with Null Star, it was the inability to recast it when the number of balls got low... Not having to worry about recasting it was nice though, not gonna lie. We're just gonna have to make a new muscle memory.

• Like 1

Lethal Progeny:

Caliban can now summon three types of Sentients: Ortholysts, Summulysts, and Conculysts (the OG). All Sentient summons will, naturally, adapt to incoming enemy damage. You can only summon a set of Sentients at a time, so no mixing of 1 Conculyst, 2 Ortholysts, or one of each Sentient type.

As a Caliban main I am frothing at the mouth to get my hands on these changes, but why only allow one kind to be summoned at a time? I'm worried that it'll make it so that the optimal way to play will be to just only ever cast one type and let the others gather dust. The #1 best thing about lethal progeny was the shield regen, and only one kind having that trait I feel may make the other two less favorable, especially if their levels still won't scale high enough to deal sufficient damage to really high level enemies in endurance runs and if they get one-shot by the infinitely scaling damage of enemies. Could obviously be proven wrong, and maybe I'm just being a bit over-analytical, but I couldn't help but be a bit concerned about that.

Also RIP to pretty much all my builds, gonna need to un-infuse a lot of abilities because you madlads actually decided to make razor gyre good

• Like 7

Thank you for the reworks on Hildryn, Caliban and Nova!

Can we get the same type of damage boost caliban lethal progeny is going to have  on  Nekros and Atlas summon too? it would be really appreciated

Edited by Yual
  • Like 1

Oh my god, I never have imagined a Nova rework to happen! And these changes are amazing! I always hated her 2nd ability, way too slow to use, might as well just use gun in the time it would take to travel to enemies, but it sounds worth using. And the built in slow/speed functionality allowing all novas to enjoy either and still build for strength is awesome.

• Like 1

Thank you for showing Caliban some love! The redesigned abilities sound way more impactful and it's awesome that he'll be able to summon more exciting kinds of Sentients.

Lovely to see Hildryn's antisynergy between Aegis Storm and... well the entire rest of her kit really, but especially Pillage, getting addressed too.

The Nova changes sound cool too, looking forward to playing with the new more responsive Anti-Matter Drop. Though personally I was really hoping for cost reduction on Wormhole. Like it's a great ability and I love using it, but 75 energy is STEEP for a mobility power! Removing the duration of the wormholes is kind of useless as a buff; in any circumstance where the duration mattered literally at all, the number of uses was the actual limiting factor. The power and appeal of Wormhole is in the near-instant teleportation IMHO, not the lingering wormhole.

9 minutes ago, Kyleprime101 said:

why? there are so many things that are 10x stronger than this so it doesn't make sense.

Why? Your comment makes no sense with all due respect clearly you don't know about slam wukong. It doesn't matter if something else can hit damage points higher. It's a disruptive method it's been complaining about 100,000 times. It wasn't intended clearly, and it plagues the Asian servers. It makes complete sense. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MerlintheAgeless said:

Why they'd remove it is beyond me.

I guess the buffs they gave to Null Star made current Molecular Fission "redundant". I mean what's the current state of Null Star?

• Base number of particles is 6
  • To get the max DR cap you need 18 (90% DR)
  • The DR mechanic from Null Star is more towards range than it is for melee.
  • You can't recast until it's all used up.
  • Relatively cheap after modding.