Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix 37.0.3

[DE]Danielle

51 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

You can already choose to make Slow prime the default by setting Nova's tap/hold abilities to Inverted in your control options.

I meant via an option like ivaras quiver where I perma switch I thought my wording was clear by saying hold to switch then tap to cast that way would be much more feasable for nova than this current iteration.

24 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

That sounds nice too, maybe something like Xaku, Khora, Vauban or Jade and their switchable abilities.

exactly.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It's not BM to tell them that they aren't casting fast enough (while moving) to notice the change. Lots of players are commenting on this. I would understand DE here if they were being 1-guyed about Wormhole. 

Clients historically have had a worse time with Wormhole and required casting speed to be able to take their own and chain it. This update made this fact worse for hosts, which is exponentially worse for clients.

I'm not disagreeing that Wormhole historically has client networking issues, and I've brought it up plenty in the past, but unless you are speaking about a literal two to three frame difference in casting speed I feel absolutely nothing between the wormhole I was using two days ago and the one I used yesterday and today.

54 minutes ago, Snake said:

With each update the lighting gets worse.

Golds are too saturated and greenish in low lighting.

🤢

acOM8HS.png

HA40wUa.png

Agreed. GI lighting has made things worse, imo, and each update to it makes it worse. Shaders are still completely broken in the Necralisk and that happened with WitW. Now the metal colors are broken. At this point, I don't want them bringing GI lighting to the rest of the game, because it's done nothing but cause problems.

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm not disagreeing that Wormhole historically has client networking issues, and I've brought it up plenty in the past, but unless you are speaking about a literal two to three frame difference in casting speed I feel absolutely nothing between the wormhole I was using two days ago and the one I used yesterday and today.

It feels jarring to have a moment where you've casted Wormhole and ready for the next setup, but you've not actually connected to your destination. Playing at high speed, this is very noticeable. If we never had old Nova, I would agree with you in that it doesn't feel too significant (networking issues aside). However, I have almost 10 years of play-time feeling Nova a certain way, and now it feels worse. This is easily solved by speeding up the casting time to remove that split-second jarring behavior. Players asking about this issue aren't asking to buff the damage of an ability, recode Excalibur Umbra's passive, or change Prism to not have drain and duration at the same time. It's just casting time. The ideal casting speed of Wormhole is instantaneous like Molt and change the animation to something around Nova to indicate the cast instead of moving her arm.

Nova is my favorite Warframe (and I'm guessing yours too). The Warframe (and specifically Wormhole) has kept this game always enjoyable for me, even between long droughts of content. Refining Wormhole over the years (excusing that yucky Ukko I just posted that took 40 seconds) has been enjoyable and something I always went back to. I never embraced the Wukong, Titania or Gauss meta of Fissures and short missions. If anything, I accepted that as a challenge. With this update, we got a change that even if insignificant to people not really in the Wormhole wheelhouse, is noticeable. Maybe you're right, and it's only 3 frames. That shouldn't matter though in the context of the ability not feeling good to play. All I know is that the update that added the endpoint marker made the ability feel disconnected from what you expect, which makes the Warframe feel worse to play on that high-end.

Also please feel free to reference the videos I linked in my comment to DE. You can very clearly tell that there is no delay in the past that feels present today. Maybe it's something to do with FPS and it's a deeper issue than I make it out to be. Whatever the case is, it'd be nice to have that previous gameplay with smooth portal transitions.

Edited by Voltage

The Staticor seems to be bugged. It currently has a its ammo count hidden and cannot be reloaded or refilled using synth set mods.
I found that it only shoots the amount of shots in its magazine size and its "Ammo from Pickups" is 0.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

@[DE]Momaw @Nova Here is a Youtube video that probably best explains what Nova's Wormhole used to "feel" like:

It would be worth doing some frame data testing on your side on old and fresh footage, using identical setups/framerates to see where the discrepancy is coming from.

On my setup, I set my FPS to 60 to try and keep some amount of consistency. I tried to keep it straightforward without introducing a bunch of extra additions, so this is only without and with Natural Talent.

Worth noting, there is delay introduced if you do not tap and quickly depress the key, which I've found. The wormhole's charges also appear 1 frame before the wormhole itself appears.

Without Natural Talent:

Tapping and taking a brief moment to depress, it is a 32 frame delay before my wormhole's charges appear. 10 of those frames are the input being pressed, the ability being activated, but no casting taking place. Frame 33, the wormhole appears.

Tapping and immediately letting go, it is a 25 frame delay before my wormhole's charges appear. (It is either 12 or 13, I got frame skipping on this part). 3 of those frames are the input being pressed, the ability being activated, but no casting taking place. Frame 26, the wormhole appears.

With Natural Talent:

Tapping and taking a brief moment to depress, it is a 22 frame delay before my wormhole's charges appear. 7 of those frames are the input being pressed, the ability being activated, but no casting taking place. Frame 23, the wormhole spawns.

Tapping and immediately letting go, it is a 19 frame delay before my wormhole's charges appear. The ability had begun casting on frame 5. Frame 20, the wormhole appears. I casted extra times to confirm I got as quick of a tap I could

Looking at some random plains footage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUoN9lIhxR0, which appears to be 30), their wormhole comes out at frame 12, while in this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymgWqmnxR7U, with natural talent this time, also 30), their wormhole comes out frame 8. At 60 fps and assuming all times are exactly doubled, this would mean their wormholes come out frame 24 and frame 16 respectively, which does confirm what is a 2-3 frame input delay on Wormhole at 60 FPS. If you wouldn't mind, are you able to record at a higher framerate (120/144/240)? My recording software is unable to do so, but I do not feel like there is a comparable input delay at my normal 144 fps framerate I play at.

UPDATE: I've asked my friend to record her own gameplay at 240 FPS, since her recording software could. This is the data we found:

Without Natural Talent:

Tapping and taking a brief moment to depress, it is 106 frames before the wormhole's charges appear. 28 of these frames are the input being pressed, the ability being activated, but no casting taking place. Frame 107, the wormhole appears.

Tapping and immediately letting go, it is 88 frames before the wormhole's charges appear. 11 of these frames are the input being pressed, the ability being activated, but no casting taking place. Frame 89, the wormhole appears

With Natural Talent:

Tapping and taking a brief moment to depress, it is 84 frames before the wormhole's charges appear. 31 of these frames are the input being pressed, the ability being activated, but no casting taking place. Frame 85, the wormhole appears. For comparison sake to the tap-and-hold w/o NT, subtract 2 from each of these.

Tapping and immediately letting go, it is 65 frames before the wormhole's charges appear. 12 of these frames are the input being pressed, the ability being activated, but no casting taking place. Frame 66, the wormhole appears.

In seconds, this means my wormhole took 0.38s to cast, ignoring the input delay, without Natural Talent, on 60 FPS. With natural Talent, this becomes ~0.25s.

My friend's wormhole takes ~0.325-0.329s to cast, ignoring the input delay, without Natural Talent, on 240 FPS. With Natural Talent, this becomes 0.225s

Edited by Nova
updated with data from my friend, who could record at 240 FPS

Didn't expect to see a trial video in 2024 :D

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Nova:

[...] I feel absolutely nothing between the wormhole I was using two days ago and the one I used yesterday and today.

I don't know why Imgur converted my .gif into a .mp4 file, because now I can't embed it anymore... but here's me a few minutes ago:
Joined a random Plains of Eidolon group, door opens and I miss 2/4 portals (You can see the 2 endpoint in front of Nova.).

https://imgur.com/C0PaFXO

And this time I was lucky enough to get a 50-60ms ping from the host. Often it's closer to 80-100ms.
This is Nova has no shards or Natural Talent or Escape Velocity.

I don't want to blame it on anything in particular, but it's hard to get your own portals at the moment.

Edit: yes, I know this is client-side, but given that 3 out of 4 squadmembers are clients, it's more likely to be a client which is also adding the client-side problems.

Edited by Dark_Lugia
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Didn't expect to see a trial video in 2024 :D

I don't know why Imgur converted my .gif into a .mp4 file, because now I can't embed it anymore... but here's me a few minutes ago:
Joined a random Plains of Eidolon group, door opens and I miss 2/4 portals (You can see the 2 endpoint in front of Nova.).

https://imgur.com/C0PaFXO

And this time I was lucky enough to get a 50-60ms ping from the host. Often it's closer to 80-100ms.
This is Nova has no shards or Natural Talent or Escape Velocity.

I don't want to blame it on anything in particular, but it's hard to get your own portals at the moment.

You are a client in this footage, which is what Voltage and I both agreed was never fixed in the first place. That's a completely different issue of the wormhole taking too long to return from the host to spawn the portal, and you've already moved past or below it

DE... why is the spawn rate in Netracells like 1/5th what it used to be? Your NPC says "Difficulty: Very High" which is not the case with spawn rates like this!

Spoiler

6k3zmdj.jpeg

Or this!

Spoiler

OyAvqvn.jpeg

Or this!

Spoiler

JUQclqF.jpeg

Is this to punish us players who don't need to hack 3 terminals and know the tiles so well that they can find the Netracell in record time? Are you forcing us to wait 4-5 extra minutes for your spawns because we don't fit into your game loop calculation? Please tell me you are not intentionally adding time and reducing fun so we can more accurately play an expected number of minutes per game!

I go from this:

Spoiler

ODQCmgX.jpeg

To this... and the above I'm taking my sweet time to extraction and below I'm bypassing the extra spoils and blinking right to extraction!

Spoiler

HHdHvNI.jpeg

Heck, I've done even close to 7 minutes (I'm trying to find the screenshot).  That isn't even remotely possible with spawns as they are now!

I mean just look at the spawn rate before the patch in this random screenshot... and they're even all in the red circle!

Spoiler

LDXsXM1.jpeg

• Like 2

Nova gets a second avatar above her with a T pose after getting 10 reactants. Could also be related to Ash's augment that makes invisible teammates, because it kept appearing every time Ash used smoke to make players invisible. (Using Atomica skin set)

Ddb4QHF.jpeg

• Like 1

Please revert the reward screen for relics, I don't need to see I have crafted Glaive Prime, I need to see how much Blueprints I have. It's a design issue when an useful informtion is getting replaced by a useless one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flaezon said:

Nova gets a second avatar above her with a T pose after getting 10 reactants. Could also be related to Ash's augment that makes invisible teammates, because it kept appearing every time Ash used smoke to make players invisible. (Using Atomica skin set)

Ddb4QHF.jpeg

it's definitely not the ash augment. It might be Atomica skin tho since I had the same issue happen to me when running void cascades yesterday. Loads of A posing happening with fissure buffs now not only on our frames but also on corrupted enemies and eximus with their aura VFX

17 hours ago, Goldenman_GGB said:

Was hoping there'd be fixes for beast companions getting stuck. Would love to try the new pet rework, but 75% of the time my kubrows get stuck in a spot and repeatedly die without doing anything.

Savagery (like the known issues say) seems to be what's causing Sunika to freeze. I took it off and she was running around all mission. Unless other beasts are freezing too, idk