Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix 37.0.4

[DE]Danielle

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed activating any Incarnon weapons counting towards Okina’s Incarnon Evolution III challenge (activate this weapon’s Incarnon Form 0/6 times in a mission). 

Hey! I just got my okina incarnon after the patch, I believe its broken now and not even counting its own incarnon activation, just tested it twice doing it 7 times in a mission and wasn't getting any credit or quest completion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed Nova’s Wormholes infinitely looping projectiles in between portals if shot into their exit points.

• Instead of completely removing this interaction (which was an oversight that arose when we gave Wormhole an infinite duration in Nova’s recent rework), projectiles can still be shot into Wormhole exits for the same effect but now consume 1/10th of a Charge from the Wormhole with a 0.1 second cooldown to prevent AFK strategies.

Congrats DE you made it unusable and 10x worse than before the rework. Like come on duration was never a problem for wormhole, all you had to do was a visual upgrade to the ability but instead its just nerfed and a 75 energy ("let me spend all my energy just to remove this 1 portal") straight line travel that's useless in a huge chunk of the game. at least lower the energy cost to 50. Honestly wormhole just feels worse after the rework and its only saving point was this interaction that is now pointless to do. You just had to go and remove the duration, could have just reverted the no duration and it would be perfectly balanced but now it last all of 10 seconds. Why did you even say "Instead of completely removing this interaction" when clearly it doesn't last long enough to ever be useful.  I don't understand why you guys didn't consult the community on this rework, like come on its Nova. 

At least make wormhole more lore accurate or something "In her Leverian entry Nova is described to have created a chain of linked portals in vents she didn't actually go through herself, as if she was able to place portals behind walls and facing the correct direction"  

Did it need to be nerfed after the rework? Yes of course. 

Did it need to be nerfed before the rework? No it was balanced because the wormholes just vanished on their own but at least it lasted long enough to be a viable tactic in certain missions 

Removing the duration was just a silly and unnecessary change that has only led to the ability feeling worse, it doesn't just feel worse, it is worse. To remove a portal I need to either spend a big chunk of energy placing more portals or instead of shooting and playing the game I can go through a portal 4 times just to remove it. 

Please just revert this hotfix change and the no duration change  

• Like 8

Did they finally fix the GI Lighting issues on PC, including the broken shaders, oversaturated metal colors, and darkened tileset rooms?

They're claiming they fixed this with Hotfix 2.

EDIT: the only reason I keep bringing this up is because DE keeps saying it was fixed in Hotfix 2 and it wasn't. I don't think they're intentionally making a false statement on their Known Issues page, but I want to create as much exposure as possible because the WF1999 demo is coming next week and Hollvania uses the GI Lighting. Right now, for some reason, they think they fixed the issue, but the previous hotfixes did not fix the issue.

EDIT2: Now colors are showing desaturated in GI Lighting again like they were pre-Update 37. Confirmation from DE would be great, but if DE did in fact revert the color changes, I think that's a better solution for now until they can improve the GI lighting to more accurately reflect colors.

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brotie said:

Hey! I just got my okina incarnon after the patch, I believe its broken now and not even counting its own incarnon activation, just tested it twice doing it 7 times in a mission and wasn't getting any credit or quest completion.

Confirming this is on our radar. Thanks for the report!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xsoskeleton said:

Welp, that was fun while it lasted, good bye 101m status spread awoo

Finally, right? I even thought they would do a good nerf but they only fixed the mod, DE is very good with silly players.

1 minute ago, LLLMX said:

There are two emails from 24/10/2 in my mailbox and they cannot be deleted. Please fix them.

wtf man..

Very sad to see how quickly the Sicarus Incarnon was fixed when it was overperforming, while the Zylok Incarnon is still underperforming due to a bug (Multishot not affecting its Incarnon form's AoE). It's been months since its launch and I am still waiting for the day I can enjoy my favorite secondary in all of its actual performance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OniDax said:

Did they finally fix the GI Lighting issues on PC, including the broken shaders, oversaturated metal colors, and darkened tileset rooms?

They're claiming they fixed this with Hotfix 2.

EDIT: the only reason I keep bringing this up is because DE keeps saying it was fixed in Hotfix 2 and it wasn't. I don't think they're intentionally making a false statement on their Known Issues page, but I want to create as much exposure as possible because the WF1999 demo is coming next week and Hollvania uses the GI Lighting. Right now, for some reason, they think they fixed the issue, but the previous hotfixes did not fix the issue.

Nope, everything is still pitch black. I don't know why they keep ignoring that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

“Weakpoint Hits charge Incarnon Transmutation; Alt Fire transmutes. Switching back will expend any remaining charge.”

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Fixed Nova’s Molecular Prime missing its duration timer on the ability icon.

Fixed the Relic selection screen popping up twice after the 10 minute mark in Survival Void Fissure missions.

thank you for these :3

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed Nova’s Wormholes infinitely looping projectiles in between portals if shot into their exit points.

• Instead of completely removing this interaction (which was an oversight that arose when we gave Wormhole an infinite duration in Nova’s recent rework), projectiles can still be shot into Wormhole exits for the same effect but now consume 1/10th of a Charge from the Wormhole with a 0.1 second cooldown to prevent AFK strategies.

While I appreciate the interaction still being available, being able to use the interaction for 4s isn't really viable, especially since it would take 1s-2s of that time to get going. Having around 10s-20s would still allow it to be used as a viable strategy while also not really being any more AFK viable than some other existing frame/weapon combinations like Saryn+Dual Ichor, which often lets me clear a room for more than 10 seconds at a time with a similar amount of effort/time investment as setting up a single portal loop, or playing Octavia which is pretty much just 2s of ability spam for 30s of AFK time.

IMO in its current state the portals themselves are currently only really useful for traversal, with the portal's interaction with projectiles maybe being useful for shooting around corners for low MR players. Granted, the portals being used primarily for traversal is not really a problem it would just be nice to be able use it more for combat and not helminth it off in favor of more combat oriented abilities 90% of the time.

• Like 3

The portal interaction with Nova might be worth having an actual look at later. I think making it so that aiming a portal at another portal with the two pointing at each other could be turned into a formalized mechanic, with two linked portals changing visual appearance and turning into a duration based tripwire and/or idiot looping portal trap that launches enemies through it. You could even make it so that if you pushed an antimatter drop into it, the whole thing would explode in a straight line and remove the portals. It would add more depth to the ability that would shake off the "ability desert" of early Warframe development.

Edited by weirdee
  • Like 1

Changed the name of Nova’s Antimatter Drop “Damage Absorption” stat to “Projectile Multiplier” to better explain that it scales with Ability Strength mods. 

I don't get it... I don't mean to be rude, but you had the time to look into Antimatter Drop and you still decided to keep the 25,000 damage absorption cap, even though, you have also limited the absorption to 5 projectiles shoot! That doesn't make sense at all! The only purpose of this ability is nuking and, at its present state, by current standards, the ability doesn't fulfill its purpose! Just compare Nova's Antimatter Drop to Mag's Magnetize and Garuda's Dread Mirror. Please, reconsider removing that cap.

• Like 4