Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are Atomicycles getting everything Kdrives should ahve had?

RyllusPurple

12 minutes ago, RyllusPurple said:

Working abilities? Aimgliding? Deploy anywhere?

Because thats how WF development works. Why make something old functional, when you can make a new entire thing that is?

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, RyllusPurple said:

Working abilities? Aimgliding? Deploy anywhere?

I like atomicycle (with some issues)  but that's not whole truth.

You can deploy it... in demo. Probably it will be open-world only.

Aimgliding is... there just because. Nothing big.

There are only 2 abilities. One is just speed up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Because thats how WF development works. Why make something old functional, when you can make a new entire thing that is

Don't forget getting aggro when people use Archwing over said non-functional thing then threaten to nerf Itzal.

• Like 3

At present, the motorcycle feels so much worse than a K-drive.  You can do combat on a K-drive.  You can do tricks on a K-drive.  Turning and maneuvering feels like you're actually controlling a vehicle.

Meanwhile, the motorcycle feels very clunky (like you're controlling a Warframe with a limited turn radius and a slightly faster movement speed) and can't use melee attacks or guns.

Maybe that will change once the content is actually released?  But at present, I simply can't relate to the idea that the motorcycle is better.

Though I will add, what do you mean by "working abilities"?  Were you able to use some of Excal's kit on the bike?  This might have been something I missed.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, quxier said:

I like atomicycle (with some issues)  but that's not whole truth.

You can deploy it... in demo. Probably it will be open-world only.

Aimgliding is... there just because. Nothing big.

There are only 2 abilities. One is just speed up.

1999 is going to be a set of tilesets and you'll likely be able to deploy them there. But just like Necramechs, they won't be available on other tilesets.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Drachnyn:

It's honestly not worth it trying to fix kdrives. Regular maps arent made for them and in open worlds they will never beat archwing.

Same will be true for the Tommies. Since Archwings can blink forward and aren't hindered by terrain they will still be the choice for open world travel. At the end they will be something between Kaithe and K-Drive but only useful in 1999 maps.