Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee And Her Shoulder.

zBezyn12

It depends on aesthetic taste. Personally, I prefer symmetrical designs, so the shoulder has never been something about which I am terribly fond. I think Mynki has said he won't change stuff like that, though, which is fine. They are his designs, and even if it looks odd to us, it doesn't mean it is universally unappealing.

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

The feet are a prime example of what is known as "Dumbass Design", however, the shoulder seems to pay homage to a gladitorial style of armour that allowed strong side defensive stances to be used in arena combat.

Or maybe Mynki's pen slipped, who knows ?

As my father used to say "It's not art unless someone hates it"

Edited by Keltik0ne

Banshee's design is Banshee's design. Stealth is the primary attribute here, even though the game allow for it yet. The fist bow, which was released together with Banshee, was advertized to be a perfect stealth weapon. It's her signature weapon. Her one sided shoulder pauldron is inspired by the armor of medieval knights and archers, who would protect one side of their body more than the other depending on their default combat stance. Archers always present their bow shoulder to the enemy, which is why it is far more likely to be hit by the enemy.

That's no reason not to demand some idle animations to be customized to fix some heavy clipping issues. Banshee's agile throwing weapon idle make her pauldron pass through her head.