Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Vauban Seem A Little Bit Useless Now That We Don't Have Infested Defense Missions Readily Available?

Brynslustafir

Previously, the only mission I would really use Vauban for was Xini, but now that Xini is Corpus I am much more likely to just use Frost instead. Vauban's greatest strength is his ability to keep infested from reaching the pod, but now that strength doesn't really mean much unless a new infested outbreak starts and one of the missions is Defense. 

Vauban is the best frame for infested defense, but now infested defense missions are only occasionaly available. And even when they are available, the level might be too low for Vauban to be necessary.

It's kinda sad really. Vauban used to be one of my most used frames, but now I have almost no reason to use him. 

Previously, the only mission I would really use Vauban for was Xini, but now that Xini is Corpus I am much more likely to just use Frost instead. Vauban's greatest strength is his ability to keep infested from reaching the pod, but now that strength doesn't really mean much unless a new infested outbreak starts and one of the missions is Defense. 

Vauban is the best frame for infested defense, but now infested defense missions are only occasionaly available. And even when they are available, the level might be too low for Vauban to be necessary.

It's kinda sad really. Vauban used to be one of my most used frames, but now I have almost no reason to use him. 

ODD ftw <3

He is not useless you just have to know where to place your Bastille and Vortex vs other factions. VS Infested it was really simple, and you need to know the map well and spawn points :)

I suppose. Maybe I just got really used to that simplicity. But Vaubans vulnerability to ranged damage is still an issue. 

Derelicts, they aren't as hard to get to as people assume.

6500 credits, 5 nav coords, some nano spores that will be returned in less than one run, some salvage, and some circuits. I don't know if it's just me, but the only part of building one of the keys that I have any trouble with is the circuits.

...i don't have Vauban....but my Ember cries out for regular planet infestation missions. - she's a bit poorly in higher level other factions.

I dont know about u but I have a on the go build with vauban chock full of tesla bounce vastile and Vortex. For those of u who just use bounce to troll u dont know the infiniteness of bounce.

Bounce is actually useful at holding back strong enemies like ancients and fusion moas but not against numbers. However you have to admit, seeing enemies bounce like that and ragdoll is priceless :D

So does... killing everything before reaching the pod. js

What do you do when you get swarmed by 20 60+ lvl poison ancients ?

What do you do when defense wave is higher than 50 wave?

Playing 20 wave is easy. He gets usefull after waves gets harder and harder. Same with the Loki.

I don't follow your problem. my demoban is still as useful as ever. in fact, I use it for all (mobile) defences I play.

against weaker enemies (for example on Kappa, Sedna); tactical tesla turrets in groups of 5, or on teammates

against tough stuff (for example t3 (mobile) defence): Bastille when the enemies are rushing, and vortex to gather them for easier pickings.

with my 465 energy and max streamline, I can easily keep up the tesla defence on kappa, and with a bit of energy gathering I can keep a bastille + occasional vortex up in a t3 defence

say all you want, but no matter how good your team is, bastille is priceless and absolutely required if you wish to play top level defence against ALL enemy types. why? because the melee of say, an ancient, can whack the pod in a few hits. Frost's snow globe protects against ranged attacks, but can't stop rushing enemies enough to guarantee the safety of the pod.

Edited by Alighierian

Vauban is still one of the most versatile and effective frames in the game. He has a ability for any situation at almost any given moment, can throw them while reloading, and can combine abilities for added effectiveness.

This frame is not gonna lose effectiveness unless the frame itself gets nerfed, not the game.

Edited by Darkmoone1