Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Rifle Concept Drawing

VoidPunch

This is perfect. It really sits well with the styling of Tenno manufactured weaponry and gear. I take it that your colorscheme was borrowed from Soma? Maybe this would deserve a different tint but nothing too drastic? Or is it specifically intended like that.

Oh and don't mean to be rude but I like the original version more because it feels Tenno. The reskinned version feels more like it is Corpus made if you think about Corpus design and how closely the reskin reminds them if you make all the parts bulkier a bit.

It still is a cool skin, don't get me wrong. Now, I do see the inspiration that you took that skin from. But keep in mind that Nikana is based on ancient Katanas, and you can only do so much with sword so I imagine that it's design is only like that because there was not other way. Sybris also shares something common with Dragon Nikana, and that is the circular part of it. This, however, I think was to give the weapon more character and a coincidence that they both were released soon after another. But if you look at Sybris carefully. It too resembles traditional Tenno design characteristics.

Now. I could be wrong about this. How could I know what the truth is but it is just my observation as to not get too hasty on giving a newer era for Tenno designed weaponry and gear style. Maybe, or maybe not. However, my personal opinion still stands that I personally like the original concept a bit more.

That actually looks quite fantastic. You definitely have some great talent.

As for feedback, the gun itself feels a smidge too 'tall' near the center, and the stock looks a bit short.

I don't want to tell you to radically redesign the weapon, but I think for your next concept art you should maybe design a bullpup rifle because there aren't any of them in Warframe yet.

I know this is ages old post and probably has already been pointed out that Burston is actually a bullpup rifle design.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

• 4 months later...

HAAHAAHAH REVIVAL.

I totally forgot about this your design is awesome, honestly the game could use some real "guns" again. Dont get me wrong i love beam/energy/non-traditional weapons, however it has been a long time (since the karak) since we have gotten a new assault rifle/smg type weapon, in addition your designs are amazing and fit perfectly with the design aesthetic of tenno's I would be so excited to get either version in game

• 2 months later...

Not quite. Bullpup rifles have the action (where the firing mechanism and cartridge ejection are located) and the magazine located behind the handle and trigger. The Burston's action is clearly visible in front of the handle and trigger:

5e29ed4e57900e97525fca1c76402ed2.png

Blue circle = action

Red "?" = where the magazine would go; although the rifle's overall design seems like it would be more appropriate as a bullpup (the "stock" area is too bulky and too filled out, looks as though it houses some other mechanism.

The top part of the back of the stock *might* be the actual action, but the weapon's barrel is too low--indicating that the object in the blue circle is more than likely the rifle's action.

As an engineer, there are things in this weapon which feel confusing, redundant and nonsensical... Aesthetically it's also a bit confusing because it feels... weird.

The Burston Prime, while making a bit more sense, is still rather confusing:

ffc862c36e698164dad7f4d77fd97c34.png

This weapon looks a lot more like a bullpup; the odd blue glowy bit in the back lines up with the barrel, but there's no really clear action; while some weapons eject casings downward, this is only achievable when the rounds are loaded from the side or above, and the top part of the weapon clearly houses no magazines.

I agree the game could use a bullpup weapon. Though, I wonder why shell casing and ejectors are even necessary. I would assume most weapons would be caseless in the future, assuming traditional kinetics ballistic weapons would be used at all.

OP, I really like the weapon art. I have designed a multi-launch rpg airbursting anti-defolade rifle that is badly in need of art. I consider it a precursor to the Angstrum and call it the MachStrum. Named for the Mach Stem effect produced my airburst explosions. I would sketch it up myself, but I have let my skills degrade terribly. 

I agree the game could use a bullpup weapon. Though, I wonder why shell casing and ejectors are even necessary. I would assume most weapons would be caseless in the future, assuming traditional kinetics ballistic weapons would be used at all.

OP, I really like the weapon art. I have designed a multi-launch rpg airbursting anti-defolade rifle that is badly in need of art. I consider it a precursor to the Angstrum and call it the MachStrum. Named for the Mach Stem effect produced my airburst explosions. I would sketch it up myself, but I have let my skills degrade terribly. 

I have found that the Picture of the burston Dose not show a part of the weapon. The non prime burston is not a bullpup, but is feed by a mag in from of the trigger, also if you look ingame, you will see a lever to chamger a new round on the other side of the weapon and you wil be able to see.eYq0oZV.png

The Burston Prime is feed by a mag in the stock and it looks like the round ejection is where those energy colors are in the stock.

ZZV372l.png

Edited by Senketsu_

• 3 months later...

I have found that the Picture of the burston Dose not show a part of the weapon. The non prime burston is not a bullpup, but is feed by a mag in from of the trigger, also if you look ingame, you will see a lever to chamger a new round on the other side of the weapon and you wil be able to see.eYq0oZV.png

The Burston Prime is feed by a mag in the stock and it looks like the round ejection is where those energy colors are in the stock.

ZZV372l.png

The circled portion looks more like the cocking mechanism. The grey portion top/rear is likely the ejection port.

I would also wonder why caseless munition wouldn't be more common in far-future scifi settings, like Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

• 2 weeks later...

I really love the look and feel of the new Tenno primaries (i.e. Soma and Vectis), they have a more distinct look compared to older Tenno weapons like the Latron or Boltor in my opinion. Anyways, I was messing around trying to see if I could recreate the same feel and this was the result.

epp1rr.jpg

edit: REDESIGN!!! So after many more new Tenno weapons have been released, I decided to redesign the same concept to match the even newer Tenno weapon style of the Dex Furis, Dragon Nikana, and Sybaris (which this even newer style looks even cooler in my opinion) Anyways, let me know what you think! Which design do you like best?

28uu2ba.jpg

(I would've put this is fan concepts but its just a drawing, If anyone has any idea's for how this rifle would work however, feel free to post your ideas. And as always feedback is much appreciated.)

How about a weapon that can be both burst and full auto depending on your mood its burst single shoot an can burst full auto mode if you want to shred things? This gun can be like that best of both worlds the complete package.

EDIT: This needs to be A NEW WEAPON not a new remodeled skin a weapon of this caliber should be its own UNIQUE thing.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

• 1 month later...

Depends on how it reloads, what it sounds like when it reloads, the sound of it firing, ect. Too many weapons have been released that are okay to use or look really nice, but the audio and visual feedback they give when firing dosn't match up which makes it jarring. Like the Aksomati with fire rate mods equipped. without it, the weapon looks and feels like it should but when the fire rate is increased the weapon dosn't have any feedback anymore, as if you are just holding a shaken up can with holes in it. 

DE dosn't really put too much attention into that sort of feedback which really pisses me off honestly. It's why i use critical delay on my grakata regardless if i could be doing more dps, its because i want it to feel good when using it. People who didn't learn how to play games through feedback probably don't understand this concept of feedback, but it's a serious part of whether or not i enjoy a weapon. 

For example: when looking at the top picture, ie your first design, it looks to me that it would sound a cross between the clunky sound of a soma with the power behind the normal latron, combined and made into a semi-auto puncture and impact focused weapon. 

The second one however, gives the impression that there is a more futuristic feel to it, so the sound would be a cross between a latron prime "prime" sound effect, with a slight whirring sound of electronics/plasma/etc. The second image would probably be a gun that dealt a small amount of electrical damage per shot (10?) along with the physical damage. 

See how a slight change in looks gives me a completely different impression on how the gun would preform? but in warframe, the guns often do not perform and give the feedback that i expect, which ruins at least a third of my experience with the weapon. wish DE would focus more on this sort of thing. Headshot sounds have never played for clients in this game, which is relevant to this feedback issue i have with this game. 

It's impressive ! I like the first design more, but since it looks prime-ish, it can be its prime variant.

To me it feels like a heavy assault rifle, something between the firepower of the Latron and the firerate of the Boltor.

for the mag, a 30 rounds one is good, and a sound that goes like BLAMBLABLAMBLAM or like the early BR55 from Halo 2 E3 trailer in 2004

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on how it reloads, what it sounds like when it reloads, the sound of it firing, ect. Too many weapons have been released that are okay to use or look really nice, but the audio and visual feedback they give when firing dosn't match up which makes it jarring. Like the Aksomati with fire rate mods equipped. without it, the weapon looks and feels like it should but when the fire rate is increased the weapon dosn't have any feedback anymore, as if you are just holding a shaken up can with holes in it. 

DE dosn't really put too much attention into that sort of feedback which really pisses me off honestly. It's why i use critical delay on my grakata regardless if i could be doing more dps, its because i want it to feel good when using it. People who didn't learn how to play games through feedback probably don't understand this concept of feedback, but it's a serious part of whether or not i enjoy a weapon. 

For example: when looking at the top picture, ie your first design, it looks to me that it would sound a cross between the clunky sound of a soma with the power behind the normal latron, combined and made into a semi-auto puncture and impact focused weapon. 

The second one however, gives the impression that there is a more futuristic feel to it, so the sound would be a cross between a latron prime "prime" sound effect, with a slight whirring sound of electronics/plasma/etc. The second image would probably be a gun that dealt a small amount of electrical damage per shot (10?) along with the physical damage. 

See how a slight change in looks gives me a completely different impression on how the gun would preform? but in warframe, the guns often do not perform and give the feedback that i expect, which ruins at least a third of my experience with the weapon. wish DE would focus more on this sort of thing. Headshot sounds have never played for clients in this game, which is relevant to this feedback issue i have with this game. 

I would like to see more forward thinking of the weapons. The GU-11 has cascading caseless munition. Not without problems, but space ninja future should have no problem working the bugs out of a system that began development in the 50's.