Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Rifle Concept Drawing

VoidPunch

Lol, I thought you were thinking the gun was fired with the power of their minds xD Makes sense not to have a trigger when it's in game of course.

Cant get behind making it smaller, OP says it's a big hard hitter, not a smaller rifle, so I'm gonna stick with that.

I like this weapon but i think the magazine looks a bit to normal. I mean if you look at weapons like the Soma or Akstiletto then i think the magazine lacks the tenno style. Otherwise everything else is really good.

How the weapon would function i have no idea. It looks like it could be a automatic weapon but as OP has said it also looks really hard hitting. If i were to take things a bit far it would be a hard hitting rifle with mabye 10 rounds that could be charged to fire a 5 round burst. Even if you just single fire it, it would sound really heavy.

whatever it is, I'm getting it, and then slapping a potato on it :D

As for function, why not a gauss rifle/railgun? Shoot once, half a second cool down, innate punch-through, high damage. It's been a while since we had a satisfying (imo) railgun...I'm looking at you lanka...

As for function, why not a gauss rifle/railgun? Shoot once, half a second cool down, innate punch-through, high damage. It's been a while since we had a satisfying (imo) railgun...I'm looking at you lanka...

I think that would work well for this design, better than an automatic rifle at least.

Because we cant discuss introducing railguns without nerds popping up to tell you what a duimmy you are for not having an intimate understanding of thermodynamics, magnetic induction, and a ton of other things no one gives a S#&$ about lol

Also, it looks like a heavy hitting rifle, not a railgun.

Sorry for sounding kinda prickish, there's this weird thing where someone posts a weapon concept and instead of players helping the creator improve on their vision, they suggest it should be converted into a totally different thing instead, and it bugs me lol

Edited by DarkTails

Because we cant discuss introducing railguns without nerds popping up to tell you what a duimmy you are for not having an intimate understanding of thermodynamics, magnetic induction, and a ton of other things no one gives a S#&$ about lol

Also, it looks like a heavy hitting rifle, not a railgun.

Sorry for sounding kinda prickish, there's this weird thing where someone posts a weapon concept and instead of players helping the creator improve on their vision, they suggest it should be converted into a totally different thing instead, and it bugs me lol

well, we're in a game where a character within it can stomp so hard that they stomp time...I think if you bring that point to them during the argument, their heads may implode XD

just think of a railgun as a giant nailgun, those things hits hard! Also, we do have a lot of DMR-esq rifles, and so I thought of changing the idea around a bit, besides, I doubt DE's actually gonna make this beauty of a gun anyways XD

Very nice.

Looks like a candidate for a tenno battlerifle. Something in the line of Latron Prime damage (full sized cartridge), but faster shooting with possibly a full auto trigger and limited magazine size (20rds--again referencing a full sized cartridge, rather than intermediate or subcaliber ones).

I'll point out that we already do have a bullpup: the Burston Prime. What passes for a magazine on this rifle (at least from what we can tell from the reloading animation) is in the butt behind the trigger group. That's a bullpup.

• 2 weeks later...

REDESIGN!!! So after many more new Tenno weapons have been released, I decided to redesign the same concept to match the even newer Tenno weapon style of the Dex Furis, Dragon Nikana, and Sybaris (which this even newer style looks even cooler in my opinion) Anyways, let me know what you think! Which design do you like best? (Check the OP for the images)

I really love the look and feel of the new Tenno primaries (i.e. Soma and Vectis), they have a more distinct look compared to older Tenno weapons like the Latron or Boltor in my opinion. Anyways, I was messing around trying to see if I could recreate the same feel and this was the result.

edit: REDESIGN!!! So after many more new Tenno weapons have been released, I decided to redesign the same concept to match the even newer Tenno weapon style of the Dex Furis, Dragon Nikana, and Sybaris (which this even newer style looks even cooler in my opinion) Anyways, let me know what you think! Which design do you like best?

(I would've put this is fan concepts but its just a drawing, If anyone has any idea's for how this rifle would work however, feel free to post your ideas. And as always feedback is much appreciated.)

Wouldn't the Tenno's arms be hella bent with that trigger so far up?

Wouldn't the Tenno's arms be hella bent with that trigger so far up?

Yup I noticed this after I uploaded it that I forgot to move the trigger from the original design's position. I re-uploaded the image with the trigger in the right spot.

how do you get it from paper to this?

This (and everything else I upload on these forums, which isn't much) are actually all done in Photoshop from start to finish, I have a drawing tablet so that helps.. But I would normally sketch out a drawing, scan the image on top my laptop throw it into Photoshop and paint over it.

• 2 weeks later...

28uu2ba.jpg

(I would've put this is fan concepts but its just a drawing, If anyone has any idea's for how this rifle would work however, feel free to post your ideas. And as always feedback is much appreciated.)

I love this. the circle feed reminds me of sybaris, I can see a cool animation with the curved clip design, pulling it out and tossing it behind you, or to the side and reloading. Maybe thin out the barrel just a tiny bit to give it a nice slim but still a heavy design. Put a nice slim but small scope for either burst, or single fire assault rifle. I'd like to see a gun with a bolt / cocking animation but I don't think that would go good with your design. Overall, I think you put a lot of amazing work into it, and you have a very good imagination. I love it keep up the good work. 

I love the new look! Ive been wanting an actual Tenno made Assault Rifle for so long, the only ARs we have are Corpus made, and I dont count the Soma as an AR it feels more like a LMG. I guess the Boltor is considered an AR but I want to see more ARs that actually shoot bullets and not spikes.

I can Totally see my Excal holding this!!

ANYWAY Amazing concept, If you do make a Bullpup I cant wait to see it!!!

Edited by Senketsu_

Isn't burston a bullpup?

Not quite. Bullpup rifles have the action (where the firing mechanism and cartridge ejection are located) and the magazine located behind the handle and trigger. The Burston's action is clearly visible in front of the handle and trigger:

5e29ed4e57900e97525fca1c76402ed2.png

Blue circle = action

Red "?" = where the magazine would go; although the rifle's overall design seems like it would be more appropriate as a bullpup (the "stock" area is too bulky and too filled out, looks as though it houses some other mechanism.

The top part of the back of the stock *might* be the actual action, but the weapon's barrel is too low--indicating that the object in the blue circle is more than likely the rifle's action.

As an engineer, there are things in this weapon which feel confusing, redundant and nonsensical... Aesthetically it's also a bit confusing because it feels... weird.

The Burston Prime, while making a bit more sense, is still rather confusing:

ffc862c36e698164dad7f4d77fd97c34.png

This weapon looks a lot more like a bullpup; the odd blue glowy bit in the back lines up with the barrel, but there's no really clear action; while some weapons eject casings downward, this is only achievable when the rounds are loaded from the side or above, and the top part of the weapon clearly houses no magazines.

Not quite. Bullpup rifles have the action (where the firing mechanism and cartridge ejection are located) and the magazine located behind the handle and trigger. The Burston's action is clearly visible in front of the handle and trigger:

Blue circle = action

Red "?" = where the magazine would go; although the rifle's overall design seems like it would be more appropriate as a bullpup (the "stock" area is too bulky and too filled out, looks as though it houses some other mechanism.

The top part of the back of the stock *might* be the actual action, but the weapon's barrel is too low--indicating that the object in the blue circle is more than likely the rifle's action.

Ah man, never even noticed that bit. I always assumed from the proportions and the little thing that looks like a well cover behind the handle that it was a bullpup. It looks like it should be a bullpup.

Blue circle = action

the Burston Prime is Bullpup the Magazine it inserted directly into the back of the stock . Also its my favorite gun because it looks the most like a Assault Rifle!

EDIT: NVM you added that XD

Edited by Senketsu_

The Burston Prime, while making a bit more sense, is still rather confusing:

ffc862c36e698164dad7f4d77fd97c34.png

This weapon looks a lot more like a bullpup; the odd blue glowy bit in the back lines up with the barrel, but there's no really clear action; while some weapons eject casings downward, this is only achievable when the rounds are loaded from the side or above, and the top part of the weapon clearly houses no magazines.

the spent casings could fall out of those cylinders at the bottum of the stock. or there is a small slit right above the energy line on the upper part of the stock.  

Edited by Senketsu_