Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About Transmute Or I'm Crazy?

H0PE

Everyone talking (and raging nowadays) about everything that sucks in the game or broken...

I don't see rage about transmute, am I just crazy and no one else wanna use it but cant because just give me common cards constantly? No one else feels that its the feature that could help them to get rid of their millions and MAYBE get some cards while at it?

It's broken. Yet no discussions, no bug reports, no live stream remarks, no comments...

Am I really this crazy to care about this?!!

Transmutation is how I got Split Barrel, Hells Chamber, and Rage.  It works sometimes, but it's not always worth it.  I use it when I get 4 crappy Rare mods though.

Every time i've tried that i've either gotten a frame ability I already have maxed or get back one of the mods I just used to transmute with.

Like it cost me 30K credits to throw away three rare mods?  thanks.

The process has been painful everytime i've tried it, I just don't know how people manage to keep trying it.

imho Transmuting fm my few experiences always was pretty much an epic fail & gave it up soon after it was deployed.

For the few that had Thousands, Millions ...of unspent extra credits it was  'luck of the draw'. For the many imho, a learning curve if you will on 'Roll Of the Die' and how is always favors the House & RNG.

Pretty much a 'dead horse' now too....with the Trading system in force. just my 2 cents. cheers

Just to clear up a few misconceptions:

1) You can no longer get warframe mods by transmuting, that was removed in a recent update.

2) While sometimes you get a lower rarity mod, this does not happen very often.  I transmute all my rare and uncommon warframe mods and this has only happened 2 or 3 times.  Don't pretend like it happens every time.

I have gotten several Pathogen Rounds, Quick Thinking, Rage, etc.  Some of those are worth platinum to trade, so think about it like spending a huge amount of credits for a small amount of platinum.  If you've been playing the game long enough, that's worth it.

Just to clear up a few misconceptions:

1) You can no longer get warframe mods by transmuting, that was removed in a recent update.

2) While sometimes you get a lower rarity mod, this does not happen very often.  I transmute all my rare and uncommon warframe mods and this has only happened 2 or 3 times.  Don't pretend like it happens every time.

I have gotten several Pathogen Rounds, Quick Thinking, Rage, etc.  Some of those are worth platinum to trade, so think about it like spending a huge amount of credits for a small amount of platinum.  If you've been playing the game long enough, that's worth it.

I do 5 transmutes with 4 different rare mods and most of the time I get out warframe mods, or uncommon or common mods. Wanna bet?

I can make you a twitch video about this any day. I just don't want to waste my rare mods anymore (until they fix it).

However since like 3-4months now, it supposed to work properly, as DESteve mentioned in one of the livestream... Only problem it doesn't work.

I never use it. It kinda useless, investment vs reward is just silly. Have to wonder why it is there, probably just a way to make new players waste credits.

Silly? Really? Will anyone would trade a blind rage for your 36k credits and 4 rare warframe mods? I doubt that. I got 2 blind rage like that, and some other very rare ones, that sales for a lot of plat.

So no, its not useless.

Transmuted 4 rares, got Pressure Point.

My first and last transmutation.

And how you feel about it? You think its fair? You don't want to know if this is a bug or intended?

I do, so the question stands am I a crazy person need to be locked away caring about a feature that does really silly things? Or no one gives a sh!t like ever anymore? If the later I ask, what kind of beta is this?!! Since one year? *takes big breath*

And how you feel about it? You think its fair? You don't want to know if this is a bug or intended?

I do, so the question stands am I a crazy person need to be locked away caring about a feature that does really silly things? Or no one gives a sh!t like ever anymore? If the later I ask, what kind of beta is this?!! Since one year? *takes big breath*

Do I think it's Fair? Hell no, 4 Rares and 36k for a Mod I get on Mercury?

Give something that isn't borderline useless.

Silly? Really? Will anyone would trade a blind rage for your 36k credits and 4 rare warframe mods? I doubt that. I got 2 blind rage like that, and some other very rare ones, that sales for a lot of plat.

So no, its not useless.

first of all you would have more success with vault runs anyway and second those credits craft upgrades/forma. So i would take the credits over some crap lottery drawing.

The cost is still to high imo. 

I am tempted to give it a go again now that you don't get ability or precepts. However you did get the transmute only mod in your 4 examples. So its not all a loss. 

However I agree that this is a feature which could be really use-able in game. Even with a lower cost it still is taking 4 mods plus credits to reward you with one mod of unknown quality. 

It was a rush add by DE imo that needs to be revisited. Also it has gotten some pain from DE when the transmute system gave access to unobtainable mods. So I don't think they like it any-more. Seems silly when a price reduction would be a good step towards making this more fun.