Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

I started looking at the survey and here's a first bunch of answers and upcoming updates. Maybe you'll see something you asked for or you need to know.

-You can browse the latest builds using the 'latest builds' link in the menu. You can also browse the builds for a particular item by clicking the magnifying glass, just above the forma icon.

-There was, some weeks ago, a voting system for builds. It was removed because people used that system only to downvote others builds, or create multiple accounts to add positive votes on their builds.

-Comment section is not planned at the moment because it's a lot of work and it needs a lot of moderation.

-The burst weapons stats are the stats for 1 shot. I.E, the burston has 10/10/10 per bullet, but fires 3 bullets. That's why the builder displays 30/30/30 and 3 bullets.

-You can't scroll with the mouse wheel over the mod list because it was causing display issues with the zoom effect.

-You can create a private build, simply leave the description field empty.

-You can look at the warframe stats and skills, as well as the damage of the weapon against a faction by clicking the 'Report' link. It's not to report a build, it's to display a report (name will change, see below)

-Saving a builds as an image is not planned at the moment.

-We know there are a lot of builds and some of them are not good enough (mods, description), we are working to delete the useless builds, but it takes some time.

And for the upcoming features.

-A 'Remember me' button to stay logged in.

-Delete your builds.

-'Report' button changed to 'Details'

-Bigger buttons to change the rank of the mods

-The link to your builds will be show in the top menu, near your name

-Zephyr/Hydroid update

-Berserker mod update

-And more...

Also don't forget about the 'Help' button in the top left corner. It'll lead you to a picture with a lot of informations. Use CTRL+F to look for keywords like 'remove', 'browse'...

Edited by Stoi84

Is there still going to be ads?

I started looking at the survey and here's a first bunch of answers and upcoming updates. Maybe you'll see something you asked for or you need to know.

-You can browse the latest builds using the 'latest builds' link in the menu. You can also browse the builds for a particular item by clicking the magnifying glass, just above the forma icon.

-There was, some weeks ago, a voting system for builds. It was removed because people used that system only to downvote others builds, or create multiple accounts to add positive votes on their builds.

-Comment section is not planned at the moment because it's a lot of work and it needs a lot of moderation.

-The burst weapons stats are the stats for 1 shot. I.E, the burston has 10/10/10 per bullet, but fires 3 bullets. That's why the builder displays 30/30/30 and 3 bullets.

-You can't scroll with the mouse wheel over the mod list because it was causing display issues with the zoom effect.

-You can create a private build, simply leave the description field empty.

-You can look at the warframe stats and skills, as well as the damage of the weapon against a faction by clicking the 'Report' link. It's not to report a build, it's to display a report (name will change, see below)

-Saving a builds as an image is not planned at the moment.

-We know there are a lot of builds and some of them are not good enough (mods, description), we are working to delete the useless builds, but it takes some time.

And for the upcoming features.

-A 'Remember me' button to stay logged in.

-Delete your builds.

-'Report' button changed to 'Details'

-Bigger buttons to change the rank of the mods

-The link to your builds will be show in the top menu, near your name

-Zephyr/Hydroid update

-Berserker mod update

-And more...

Also don't forget about the 'Help' button in the top left corner. It'll lead you to a picture with a lot of informations. Use CTRL+F to look for keywords like 'remove', 'browse'...

Is there still going to be ads? 

Updated, see the first post for the changelog.

Also, what did the survey already revealed (about 260 voters when I wrote this).
-1 of 2 voters has an account.
-77% of voters do not have issues with the registered functions (I should have ask about the issues that the others 23% have had)
-28% of the voters with no account do not know they could create one (-_-)
-Despite the fact that it was difficult to access this page, 70% of voters found the 'My builds' page
-Voters heard about Warframe Builder mainly on the Official forums (32%) and when clicking on a link to a build (31%)
-88% of voters are really happy with Warframe Builder (rating 8 or more), and another 8% are happy (rating 7). Only 4% of the ratings are below 7.
-96% of voters like the design
-98% of voters think that it's easy to understand and use the application
-Primary weapons and Warframe are the most used builders by the voters (29% and 23%)
-Sentinels and Sentinel Weapons are the less used builders by the voters (3% and 4%)
-The most unknown functions for the voters are the 2 editable fields, fire rate (18%) and aura mod damage (12%)

And I can also say, from what I read in the comment section, that a lot of users do not use the 'Help' link. Also, a good bunch of voters took this vote seriously by giving interesting feedback in the comment field, at the end, which helped a lot. Don't forget that you can also use this topic to report problems or to make a suggestion.

I'll say it one more time because I still read things about that in the survey.

You can remove the mods by double clicking on them

You can view the stats of a warframe or weapon by clicking the DETAILS link

I'm not sure if I can do anything else than saying it again and again.

Maybe a pop-up with instructions wyhen you use the builder for the first time? Or Mr. Paperclip in the bottom-right of the screen?

Edit: Another batch of builds got removed. Those are not valid descriptions:

ErIofHv.png

Edited by Angius

Сould you add the possibility for the authors to help each other with translate their builds on other languages?

After reading Google translate to my language, I have a desire to create a report on a build.

And maybe some comments or opportunity to send messages to others. If you not agree with build (half of them have 1-2 stupid mistakes that do build less effective).

Edited by Hedgeg

For now, the comments are not planned because it's a lot of moderation work and a lot of work with the coding.

For the translation, the problem is that people do not read what is explained. Some of them may use Google translate because they think it'll help, but a lot will do that because they do not know french and russian languages are optional, and they don't care if the translation is good or not. In that case, you can report the builds if you want because it's likely that the user didn't read what is explained. And sometimes users don't speak english and use Google to translate from their language to english. Here it's a bit more difficult, because you know that the user made an effort to follow the rules by provinding an english description. The result is the same, it's a crappy translation. I can understand this is a problem when you have to try to read this.

At the moment, the best solution is to report the builds, so we can set them to private. And as more and more builds are deleted because there are too much of them, these builds could be deleted in the process. So you can also simply wait. About the 'ask/give help' system, same thing as before, coding things is a lot of work, and in this precise case, i'm pretty sure a lot of people won't care about asking for help for the translation, and a fewer number will propose their help to translate. I was speaking about that with DryMind a few days ago, about the help we can get from the community. He's in charge of the russian translation of Warframe Builder, and he told me it was really difficult to get help. I felt the same with the french translation, almost no help.

But, there's another possibility. If I think this can help and if I can find people willing to work on this, I could create a new Administration job, which will be about working on fixing the translations. But this will be, in my opinion, a lot of work for the people in charge of this. And this is easier to create than a system where you can ask or give your help with the translation because there's already administration tools. If you are interested in this, we can try to speak about that.

Yes, I would like to help. besides, I have no work at the moment. But I am rus and my English is not very good.
You touched on a very important problem connected with language. my proposal for the solution below.(report system)

But I don't think it's right to do private builds just because of the bad description. first of all you need to better educate users on what should be a description. 1 "should not be translated description in an unknown language by using Google."
2 Give an example of a correct description. it should describe what the emphasis on what he is focused and where can be used, why these modules are needed.(but not all necessary) Not just "Hey guys, you will be gods with my guide, I guarantee it!". (one day I, as a new author, made a similar mistake.)

3 Remove all fields to create descriptions, making them available by clicking on the tabs/ticks. This will make more evident the fact that to create the build is not mandatory descriptions in every language. (Additionally, the window will take up less space. This is good if you have a low expansion monitor/150% increase elements by means operating system)

In addition, we need to expand the function of the report. Add possible to describe its essence or give to choose a cause from the list: bad translation/poor-build/bad description/a copy of an existing/etc.

About problems users whose native language is not presented on the website. We need to add information about native language in bio users (info). Of course the moderators should be available this information, that they may adjust their decision. You can add a note "bad translation". (as part of a possible future evaluation system guides), but do not add it in private, depriving of place in the General list. (although I will not go into moderation policy of the whole site, just an opinion).

Add^^

I see that you stick to the path of moderation. but lack of feedback from the judges, to find compromise. over time, you should add the ability for users themselves to offer editing, leave your opinion (not more of the same message) and Hyde on a separate weapons/etc.. Otherwise on the shoulders of the moderators will lie beyond work assessing the correctness builds and their validity. The main goal is to highlight the main ways of realization of those or other objects in the game, more paint their pros and cons, features of use in different situations. not just a look, compare, think. but imagine, assess, select.
Edited by Hedgeg

The problem is that if the users do not read what's already explained, I'm not sure they'll read any informations I could add about how a good description should be. And by the way, we are very tolerant with the descriptions, only builds with this kind of description are deleted. I told you to report the builds you can't even understand because they are translated with Google, but I didn't see a lot of users doing that, so that's not a big deal if some builds are privatized until I find a better solution. There are no really 'perfect' description, at the moment we are more into valid or non valid description, and we are privatizing the less interesting ones when there are too much builds for a particular item.

I understand what you say and I also think some things could be improved, but at the moment it's already way better than before. I don't know if you used Warframe Builder since the beginning, or at least since the 'save feature', but you should have seen that the descriptions are overall better. We don't delete much builds each day compared to the first weeks. Of course there are still people who don't care about the rules, but it's much more rare. Most of the users understand how it should work now. I have to admit that I made a lot of advertising about that in the first weeks to explain how it is supposed to work.

There's one extra point I will probably explore in what you say. The report function could need a dropdown menu with a list of causes, yes. I like this idea. This, and probably some tools for the moderators to edit the descriptions, should be enough to help and have more flexibility. If we can edit a description, we can delete it. So this tool will allow us to delete description in french/russian done with Google, keeping the build public with an english description only. And the improved report function should help to know where the problem is.

Also, there's one thing that everyone should know about the moderation. People helping me with the moderation of the website also helped me and still help me a lot for a lot of other things. There are also people helping me sometimes for hours to fix everything with the new updates. I.E, in the last 7 days, Darzk came to me to report problems about the Berzerk mod, and he did tests in game. You can see Angius angry about people not following the rules, meaning he's working on checking the builds. And yesterday, I worked for more than 2 hours with DryMind to fix everything for the russian translation with the last update. Also, I probably worked over 600 hours on the builder. I, and the other guys, are not getting anything for doing this. We just do that because we want to do something for the community. It requires free time, sometimes not a lot, but sometimes yes, but it's anyway more than a simple user ever gave. So yes, the moderators are the only judges and they don't have to give explanations on what they do, and I'm totally OK with it. I'm happy that some people spend some of their free time to help me, and without their help, the builder could be in mess now.

What I'm trying to say here is that I won't create tools to be more tolerant with people that does not follow the rules. I understand that sometimes it's not clear enough and the user really didn't know, but most of the time, they just don't care. I'll try to do something for this too. If a user can't take a few minutes to think by itself, then he does not deserve more than the few seconds it takes to delete his build. But as I said, there are some good ideas I can extract from this talk and i'll definitely do something in the next days.

I do not have any claims to the team. When my builds were privatized I just was surprised. Could not understand why it happened. I, like many registered users, thought: "Oh, there is a handy website where I can create my own build. and people will be able to see it to understand and evaluate." And that's all.
I just started to create, not anatomisches with the rules, like many. Since my work was not like other: builds for novices (without forms) and a pair of unusual builds for weapons, I did not need to be acquainted with the existing builds. But later I realized own mistake and corrected it (picked the correct name and allocated, what is built around my build. not just "it's wonderful"). And this is a problem.
The builds must not be repeated. Should not be translated machine, contain ineffective modules and to be the property of the author. Build must reveal the possibilities of game objects in various situations with the greatest efficiency : various factions/quick walkthrough/a silent walkthrough/production of various resources(oxium),modules,stances/defense mission/survival mission/tower mission.
Need to inform people that they can do and what should not. How they should behave in which direction to move, how to relate to the fact that not everyone of them is right and that goal is the creation of quality builds and not a swarm of ideas.

The solution would be a kind of "limbo" for builds and another moderator tool. Instead of privatizing the build which is written in engrish or machine-translated and losing the whole description, there should be another button - "send to correction" which would send the build to Limbo, and send the user an e-mail, something like "your build was moved from the general access, because the description needs some work. It'll be brought back after you fix the description and a moderator will approve it. [link to build]"

Then it goes to another tab in AP - "builds awaiting approval", just like the "reported builds" one, where one of the moderators can approve the corrected translation, or send it to limbo again.

It would require quite a lot of work, though.

I'm thinking about a notification system. If your build is reported, you get a notification and the reason of the report. If it's for another reason than not following the rules, you have n days to fix the problem before a moderator can privatize or delete the build. And for the moderator, each time you do an action on a build (delete, privatize, promote, edit, etc), the user receives a notification to explain.

I'm still thinking about this but it's the main idea.