Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris: The Poor Man's Penta

Boondorl

At the moment, I feel as though the Penta is far superior to the Ogris in almost every aspect. It doesn't require charging, can be detonated at any time the player feels necessary, and can easily obtain headshots. The slightly reduced damage and increased reload speed don't make up for the fact that it's far better than the Ogris IMO. The two need to be balanced better to match the idea of what they're supposed to do.

The obvious solution would be nerfing damage. This, however, is not the right way to go about it. Nerfing one till it feels useless is not the right solution to balancing.

Changing the ammo pools will do nothing. These weapons will still be incredibly efficient as they barely use ammo to begin with, and can take out multiple enemies with one shot.

So, what's a good way to go about balancing them? My proposal is that the splash radius on the explosions be tweaked to give more stylistic play.

The main problem with the Penta and the Ogris is that they both have the same splash radius (5m). This is what makes the Penta feel so much more overwhelming: the fact that it can do the same job the Ogris can but better. IMO, the splash radius on the Penta should be tweaked to about 2-3m. This would make it harder to take out massive groups of enemies, which is the purpose for being able to put down multiple grenades at once to begin with. The damage would still be high, but one grenade would no longer act like a mini nuke. On the other hand, the Ogris' splash radius should be upped to anywhere between 7-8m. This would make the weapon more forgiving as it's easy to miss and the charge mechanic can be a pain, along with the ability to not remotely detonate your rocket. It also makes the Ogris act more like a mini nuke, which is logical given its fire rate is much slower than the Penta's.

I feel these tweaks would make the weapons more balanced compared to each other without sacrificing large amounts of damage.

Penta is for poor bum noobs only, go and fight realy high mobs with that crap vs ogris, for low level trash mobs any weapon is great, for high level mobs only ogris rock, for high level waves penta users not welcome its for low lvl trash.Read the wiki or try yurself to become smarter!

Penta is for poor bum noobs only, go and fight realy high mobs with that crap vs ogris, for low level trash mobs any weapon is great, for high level mobs only ogris rock, for high level waves penta users not welcome its for low lvl trash.Read the wiki or try yurself to become smarter!

u wot?

no seriously, it gets confusing reading this.

First laubauflo silence you disrespectful tenno!

Secondly, I agree that these two need to be re-balanced. i would say that taking out penta's glitched reaction to heavy caliber, meaning gernades spread out instead of losing no accuracy what-so-ever.

My personal opinion would be for DE to stop making weapons that are more powerful than clan weapons that are available to the market because it ruins the need for soloers to dip into their resources to fund an entire research facility to get those weapons only to have a bunch of inexperienced players running around with weapons like the penta. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

i don´t think is a good idea, both weapons have different mechanics in gameplay, penta ask for more effort in its use, for example long range shots need to be careful, because you need to aim to the sky to reach far enemies and trigger it near enemies before it bounces away, and measuring the depth of the shot can be tricky, ogris is a straight shot, easier to aim. And if you are using penta to lay the grenades as mines, that means you can´t use your primary until the most efective detonation can be made.

Ogris change: Standard trigger pull = direct rocket, Charge trigger = lock on missile.

Was gonna post something similar (Standard = Direct rocket, Charge and hold = Guided rocket, goes straight in its current direction after your release the trigger), but I guess your idea is easier to use during battle?

Ogris has a bigger radius than penta, wrong on that and that is it's advantage. 

Both weapons are outstanding and you need to go ... do something if you think either one needs to be adjusted because of the other. 

Also lol at the people who pretend penta is hard to use in any way, got to aim up derp derp skill derp hard. Using the ogris is x10 harder for the simple fact that this large numbers of factors will result in it blowing up on your face unapologetically . 

Ogris=10k DPS w-o heavycal cause suicidal missiles

Penta= Almost 15k w heavycal because unaffected 

Sure ogris has a bit more splash range but it's obvious who's the winner (by roughly 50%!)Not to mention the ease of access and flexibility of the penta. 

Ogris=10k DPS w-o heavycal cause suicidal missiles

Penta= Almost 15k w heavycal because unaffected

Sure ogris has a bit more splash range but it's obvious who's the winner (by roughly 50%!)Not to mention the ease of access and flexibility of the penta.

this,thx frf numbers

other

you people fail to see that ogris is mastery 6(?) weapon a even a clan weapon,and the penta does more dmg,anyone who used them know this,they need some rebalance,but neither of them need nerf..

Lol... sorry guys but Heavy Caliber works wonder with Ogris and when you'll see 22k+ dmg on Arsenal you'll understand why Ogris >> Penta

(i wont argue about 2 things only: easier to score Headshot, easier to avoid accidental suicides)

Edited by Phoenix86

Lol... sorry guys but Heavy Caliber works wonder with Ogris and when you'll see 22k+ dmg on Arsenal you'll understand why Ogris >> Penta

(i wont argue about 2 things only: easier to score Headshot, easier to avoid accidental suicides)

Try to play with that ogris, and dont kill yourself, or try to hit 1enemy who stand 10m away from you