Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus And Grineer Only Use A Few Of The Weapons Made By Their Faction?

Brynslustafir

Over the last few updates we've seen a lot of new Corpus and Grineer weapons, but only a select few are actually being used by the Corpus and the Grineer in missions. I'm not going to list all of them, but here's the ones that come to mind immediately. 

We have 2 types of Grineer using a modified Ogris, Grineer using the Ignis, Eviscerators using Miter, and some Lancers using the Hind instead of Grakata. But that still leaves the Drakgoon, Brakk, Torid and a few others. 

As for the Corpus, we have Tech's using the Supra, Crewmen using Dera, Crewmen on Jupiter using the Detron, Snipers with Lanka, and Elite Crewmen using the Flux Rifle. But that still leaves the Cestra, Tetra, Lecta, Penta, and a few other I may have forgotten. 

I just thought it would be cool to see the factions using more of their own weapons. Just to add a little bit more gameplay variety to try and keep things fresh. As long as the weapons are rebalanced for enemy use. 

Edited by Plasmaface

The idea itself makes perfect sense but...

The moment Grineer start using Drakgoon, Brakk and Stug we're screwed.

If they are balanced properly then why not...?

But I'm guessing they'll become something like Eviscerators or Napalms, and a lot of people will complain that they're killing us so easily.

Those are not mutually exclusive. As soon as it shoots it at point blank...

Except that enemies seem to be immune to friendly fire. My main issue being the suicide tactic of the new unit is of absolutely no threat to the player. Even if it hits you head on, the damage is laughably miniscule. The only purpose it serves currently is to frustrate players trying to complete the event. Once that is over, I don't see it adding anything new to the gameplay experience.

Why nerf it?

Im expecting the grineer to use the karak in the upcoming update!

I don't think "nerf" is the proper term. Rather that it would be "unmodded", which makes it little more than an annoyance from the red tint and screen shaking. Most of the counterpart weapons enemies have, are only noticable because of unique effects that we don't even get in our versions.

Take the Miter. The NPC version is never charged and the high base spam damage comes with a high bleeding proc that we don't see in our version. We essentially have two different weapons that share the same skin. A stug mirrior would only be a threat if they gave it something special, like a high proc knockdown or something.

Edited by Ryme

Take the Miter. The NPC version is never charged and the high base spam damage comes with a high bleeding proc that we don't see in our version. We essentially have two different weapons that share the same skin. A stug mirror would only be a threat if they gave it something special, like a high proc knockdown or something.

Please don't give them ideas.