Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

I've come up with an idea that might satisfy both DE and those who loved the original Snowglobe. I would paste the whole post but... it's a bit long for that, so a topic link will have to suffice:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178149-the-snowglobe-revision-edition-hey-look-rhymes

It would solve a few issues, one being scaling for the Snowglobe.

I've come up with an idea that might satisfy both DE and those who loved the original Snowglobe. I would paste the whole post but... it's a bit long for that, so a topic link will have to suffice:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178149-the-snowglobe-revision-edition-hey-look-rhymes

It would solve a few issues, one being scaling for the Snowglobe.

Don't forget to read the comments on this persons thread because I see others have brought up miss uses of this idea and this person has developed on the idea and corrected them. Much want.

If i recall in a past livestream DE didnt want to have the best frames worst frames kinda style.  i understand the op'ness of snowglobe but without that shield for defense missions (high/low) this could create some friction.  there has to be a better way to go around this other than having HP on Snowglobe. DE if you do this your just bumping frost down to Trinity's level of the non-playables, because they just dont fit the needs for the players. Sadly enough ive actually had someone say to me dont even bother playing Trinity now that oberon is out while i was playing her, i like the gal shes fun to play but i cant even use her in missions half the time due to not being able to contribute.  all and all PLEASE do not input a HP bar on Snowglobe your only pushing frost down a dark cold path. =( 

If i recall in a past livestream DE didnt want to have the best frames worst frames kinda style.  i understand the op'ness of snowglobe but without that shield for defense missions (high/low) this could create some friction.  there has to be a better way to go around this other than having HP on Snowglobe. DE if you do this your just bumping frost down to Trinity's level of the non-playables, because they just dont fit the needs for the players. Sadly enough ive actually had someone say to me dont even bother playing Trinity now that oberon is out while i was playing her, i like the gal shes fun to play but i cant even use her in missions half the time due to not being able to contribute.  all and all PLEASE do not input a HP bar on Snowglobe your only pushing frost down a dark cold path. =(

If you consider Trinity unplayable because of Oberon, then I'm pretty sure your entire post simply became invalid.

In highish level defense you need to kill the things before they sneeze or look at pod or terminal. 

does it really matter?

it simply dies (on Pluto later wave) before the casting animation is over

this skill is really the one they shouldn't have touched at all, napalms could shoot through and it was insta dead if you stayed in the napalm globe,rail gun moas shoots through and again it was 1-2 shots and they downed you and all the runners,shockwaves etc you had to deal with when they blazed through the map inside the globe and kick your buts in later waves /longer minutes... the globe was ok ... now i can't even see the use of it even on Venus on later waves

you know , not everyone playing only 5 waves or 15 minutes

if they want health on it,they should make it scale with enemies and have nothing to be able to shoot through before it dies , it still will probably take 5 seconds till it dies ,

but whatever ,i'm just being tired of this, sometimes it seems like they don't even test these things or think about people that like to play long

the snow globe is pretty much as good use as sentinels sanctuary, sounds cool on paper ,but the reality.........

These issues are nothing to do with snowglobe and everything to do with the damage enemies do.  Snowglobe was just the crutch used to stop the damage issue being seen and balanced.   These issues have always been there if you didnt have a frost before but the defence to complaints about the unbalanced damage was "damage is fine, just use frost".

Now maybe damage scalling will actually get a corrent balancing pass that it no longer has the crutch to prop it up.

These issues are nothing to do with snowglobe and everything to do with the damage enemies do.  Snowglobe was just the crutch used to stop the damage issue being seen and balanced.   These issues have always been there if you didnt have a frost before but the defence to complaints about the unbalanced damage was "damage is fine, just use frost".

Now maybe damage scalling will actually get a corrent balancing pass that it no longer has the crutch to prop it up.

It would be a joke to fix by just giving snowglobe a % damage reduction instead of making it work like HP. If stuff scales and you give it a fixed amount of HP it's going to not work beyond a certain point.

Sometimes I think we aren't supposed to stay in a high level Defence for more than 40 waves anyway.

A Frost with Focus and the power boost helmet does manage to put down a decent snowglobe that lasts around half a wave when at enemy levels 50 or so.

It's when there are plenty of other frames that can simply carry on nearly forever by spamming Chaos or Blessing or Vortex/Bastille or whatever that I feel like Frost got nerfed.

Give it a % damage reduction that scales with power mods, and the issue is solved.

Don't use Frost's armor for snowglobe, it still wouldn't solve anything, the way to make it viable and still not godmode would be to make the globe take a set amount of shots before it goes down, instead of a set amount of health, so it will last about the same time in all levels, and wouldn't get instakilled by one high lvl minion. The number should be something like 200/300/400/500 shots, buffable by power strength, and also get rid of the timer, even if you don't change it to number of shots, get rid of the timer, there is no point in it now.

Don't use Frost's armor for snowglobe, it still wouldn't solve anything, the way to make it viable and still not godmode would be to make the globe take a set amount of shots before it goes down, instead of a set amount of health, so it will last about the same time in all levels, and wouldn't get instakilled by one high lvl minion. The number should be something like 200/300/400/500 shots, buffable by power strength, and also get rid of the timer, even if you don't change it to number of shots, get rid of the timer, there is no point in it now.

Flat numbers are crap, a single Grakata would burn down ur Snow Globe in no time, what's needed are: PERCENTAGES!

I like that Snow globe was nerfed as I'm against all god modes, but it really should be a set amount of shots or something. I get why you want it to be armor (To make the armor mod actually used), but you've created a bunch of really good mods, you can't really expect people to want to equip the worse ones until you nerf the other ones down (Nobody is going to use the armor instead of the shield mod for instance, it just won't happen, the shield mod is infinitely better because it scales so much better and shields recharge).

I've honestly always felt that Vauban was king of defense anyways (a throwable long lasting, wide range, enemy disabler?).

Maybe if snowglobe were something more like Volt's Electric Shield mixed with Vauban's bastille it'd be much more viable even with current HP and durations.

What I'm saying is, make shots able to penetrate it (friendly shots) while also being able to throw it.  Then you have something that slows enemies, can still be destroyed by enough enemy fire, and adds damage to both teammates and yourself if you're firing at enemies through (or inside) it.

EDIT: Incoming huge wall of text

Ok-- Soo.. I mainly play on the PS4 under the Alias Crackle2012-- But I really wanted to post my idea for a Snowglobe Fix--- although in my opinion it wasn't broken.

Anyways-  I think we can all go ahead and just assume that it will never be reverted back to the way it was and that is fine-- but it is utterly unnacceptable as it is now.

Several-----EDIT REMOVED ----->simple<----------- EDIT REMOVED--- INSERT---> Complicated<----- INSERT ---suggestions as I don't want to make this a TL;DR  granted-- I only have Loki on the PC version-- and I am on planet Earth.  I however, have over 300 hours played on the PS4 I have Frost and Frost Prime/ have expiremented with his abilities enough and talked with people who have played him way more than I have/read many suggestions on this forum and all of these suggestions have probably been either already come up with-  I am just bundling it all into my own little idea here. So I am going to go through all of Frosts powers 1-4 and post everything they would be able to do in this new frost build that would in my opinion make playing defense fun, intuitive, not boring, and make frost and end game frame once again.

(A couple other frames need some love but none more than frost at the moment *cough* volt *cough* ember. 

ok so here we go-- please feedback on this everyone-- I want everyone's opinion on this-- even if you freaking HATE it.  Tell me to get lost-- I don't care-- I want feedback.

WARNING:  In order to fully understand what I'm trying to accomplish with snowglobe you must read thoroughly all of the powers I have listed below

1-  ICE BLAST/ FREEZE -  Does what it does now-- is a single target pinpoint accurate very fast moving projectile that freezes the enemy.  Also can heal the snowglobes shield and health by % of 5 when unranked ONLY IF THE SNOWGLOBE IS HIT FROM THE OUTSIDE BY A FROST FRAME WITH FREEZE-- you cannot heal the globe from the inside!!!

- at common 1 heals by 15% at common 2-- heals by 30% at common 3- Heals the globe by 60% /  At unranked -- increases duration of snowglobe by 2 seconds.. at common 1 -- 5 seconds-- at common 2-- 7 seconds.. common 3 -- 10 Seconds. 

(does not heal the shield)

when an enemy is frozen-- he stays that way for 6-7 seconds and then just melts/falls over-- but if shot and killed while frozen-- Deals splash damage in the form of alot of Impact/alittle slash via ice shards from the frozen enemy.  

Focus mod- Effects the damage from the initial freeze (if any enemy is killed by the initial freeze-- there is no opportunity to break it and cause splash damage.

Stretch mod- Effects the range of the blast when frozen targets are shattered (this could be like radial javalin.. it doesn't hit everything-- but most things especially that are closer to the enemy etc.  (cannot go through walls or objects)

Duration-- Increases the time an enemy will stay frozen and give more opportunity to shatter the mob.  

2.  ICE WAVE-  Stays how it is, but gets upped in damage big time (not as much as avalanche or what snowglobe is going to do-- yes snowglobe is going to do damage. Icewave does more damage by a LONG shot than freeze (if the target is not shattered after being frozen)--  Launches enemies that it hits.. Tossing them into a knockdown THEN slowing them horribly as it does now-- do not apply the slow until after the enemies have gotten UP from their knockdown.

3.  SNOW GLOBE- 

Rules:

-Only one cast allowed at a time!  Recasting while a globe is active will simply MOVE the current globe (along with its shield/hp/armor) to a new location for a base cost of 25 power.  (Will never give the-- "this power is currently in use" message!)  "This would also allow you to move away from the chaos-- recast the globe-- cast a few freezes on it from the outside and then recast it over the cryopod or.. whatever you want to cast it over once more.

- Has A layer of Armor, HP, and Shield.... CAN be regenerated by one use Shield regens, and HP regens, and things like Mag's Shield Polarize will heal its shield-- it cannot be healed or made invulnerable by Trinity's Blessing.  Takes no damage and absorbs NO damage from Cold-- takes very little damage from Impact and Slash-- takes a tad more from Fire/Puncture/Radiation/Gas-- everything else is neutral.  Maybe combinations that involve cold... like magnetic and viral don't do as much to it.

- Cannot be penetrated by any monsters until it's SHIELD is down. then mobs are slowed like always when they do get inside of it-- damage to the snowglobe cannot happen from enemies INSIDE the globe in any fashion.. not even via things that emit a radius outside of the globe such as Gas/or blast/ ingis type damages ....  as Ice wave now does this. (shield will regen on its own)

-Duration on the globe what it was before the nerf or what it is now... but increased by hitting the globe from the OUTSIDE with Freeze.  If the Duration Runs out-- Globe Shatters dealing all damage it took to destroy the globe back in one giant amount via hundreds of ice shards as Cold/Slash or (a combo with cold in it-NOT viral or blast but -- either Cold/Slash , Cold/ Puncture, or Cold/Impact) the exact same amount of damage it took to kill the globe-- therefore giving incredible incentive to keep the globe alive as long as possible with freeze/shield polarization/one uses. (potentially stronger than nova)  Imagine keeping this thing going 20 waves.. and then it busts after taking 5 million some odd damage?

REMEMBER:  Recasting the Globe will retain everything about it (dmg taken and absorbed etc.) if cast while it is still up...  it will just move its location.

-Recasting the globe after it is broken will start the process all over again.

-Any enemy caught in the snowglobe AS IT IS CAST -- Is frozen for 30 seconds, takes no damage initially, but can be broken via guns/melee to deal splash damage the same as freeze (but you have to be inside the globe to damage these enemies obviously.)  

This is a one time thing as snowglobe is cast-- it does not freeze things that get in after the shield is down-- only slows them / can stack with the slow from Ice Wave.

-Freeze can still freeze enemies inside of the globe/ shatter for dmg outside of the globe

Duration mods will increase base duration.

Focus mods increase the Shield/Health/ armor of the globe and the damage/slow dealt when the globe shatters.

Range mods will decrease or increase the size of the globe and the area effected by damage and slow after the globe is broken.

4.  AVALANCHE-- the same as it is now except--  WHEN CAST INSIDE OF SNOWGLOBE AT ANY TIME--  Instantly breaks the snowglobe and multiplies the range and damage of avalanche by 3-4 times + of course you gain the damage from snowglobe as it shatters and busts -- this way if you want to bust it and set up a new snowglobe and start fresh while clearing a huge area-- this is your restarter.

when cast outside of snowglobe-- Stays how it is now except-- Better than Ice waves dmg by a long shot  Dmg is fine as is when cast outside of snowglobe -- if you want the multiplier bust it out inside of snowglobe after 

effected the same as it is now by all power duration/strength/radius mods.

also power strength mods effects the damage multiplied by casting this inside of snowglobe  

radius mods increases the multiplier when cast inside of snowglobe

Duration mods-- I don't know how this effects avalanche at the moment-- but if inside snowglobe-- increases the time slowed after the globe is broken

Also-- for all the above skills

Power efficiency will remain as is.

ok that was definitely a TL:DR but it couldn't be any other way.. please take the time to read it and tell me what you think-- I don't care if you tell me to get lost and that I'm crazy-- I like constructive criticism.. + anything is better than how it is now!

I am sure I missed some synergies in there-- as I wrote this all off the top of my head pretty much after getting many peoples opinions in game and also reading alot of posts on here and sort of stealing from them here and there.  So credit to you all who had these ideas first-- you know who you are!  I just put them all together in one big &amp;#&#33; post that probably will get completely ignored by everyone so.. enjoy!

or we can just revert it back to the way it was-- that was ok too...

so what if I want to hit a button and use the restroom?  You don't HAVE to play frost like this-- in fact I would never do that its way too boring-- but hey- if you want to then more power to you!--- I would actually enjoy the ABOVE suggestion way more than reverting it back to how it was-- but I am sure many others who have spent a ton of time on frost would like to have their orginal skill back-- so I don't know-- you tell me?!

TL:DR

- There isn't one-- READ THE POST!!!

~Ryan

~Crackle2012(PSN)

~Quatto87(PSN)

Edited by Quatto87

Hey everyone,

Making this post prior to U12 on PC's release (coming soon!), because as everything is coming together, there have been changes made to Frost's powers that ought to be shared and discussed for further review.

Changes:

Freeze (Codename Ice Blast internally): Comparable to Ember's Fireball in casting time and result of impact/damage.

Avalanche: Increased casting speed and increased damage.

Snowglobe: Now has health that is increased with fusion (currently: 1500,2500,3000,3500)

Snowglobe being a solely duration based skill created issues of viability of other frames in the "Defense" mission types, as well as a skew towards pace of gameplay.

The goal is to get Snowglobe, and Frost overall, in a place of power and action, but does not render gameplay optional, but we need everyone's experiences to get it right as we continue to make changes. 

Please discuss below your experiences with Frost and how you would balance his abilities with these changes in mind, as well as prepare to return to this thread after the Update has been deployed with further feedback.

Thanks, Tenno.

Clarification/FAQ 1: Will Strength Mods positively affect Snowglobes health after this change? Yes, they will!

2/10/2014 Update:

With this change being live for just shy of a week now, feedback and changes are still being discussed to Frost. Continue on topic and with constructive analysis, please.

Thanx , great changes! I love to play frost now, added few formas even.

Edited by drunkpunk222

Ok lets start off with what frost is meant to do. Hes meant to be a tank and offensive frame meaning he is meant to be at the front line taking damage which other frames cant aswell as being offensive if enemys are to close

Currently he got a damage buff which is gd in one case as he should be doing good damage so I would say he should be doing less damage than nova and ember but doing more than say a banshee without sonar

As for his deffence he has been given a nerf which currently is being out beaten by iron skin in a number of ways and other frames abilitys such as novas ult having a slow effect

At the moment frost has one defensive and 3 offence abilitys which should either change to each ability becomes offensive and deffensive inate

Freeze: damage has increased but for deffensive it has to many cones to use
Breakes from damage
Single target
Not hitscan

This is basically beaten by other warframes first abilitys such as nyxs/trinitys first abilitys which can take out the enemy and has second advantages as enemys become allies and such

Ice wave: damage has increased and has a secondary effect of slow however there are to many cones for it again
Very small radius
Damage still to low
Slow dosent last long without mods
Dosent allways proc
Ineffective in most areas

Snowglobe:well this use to be a very usefull skill for frost however it now has huge amount of cons for it to be even viable anymore

Health
Duration
Not mobile
Cc ability is now no gd as globe breaks before usefullness
Attracts to much attention as its big easyer to hit
Damage still can go through even though globe has hp
Cost is to much for it now

Avalanche:recent buff was damage but still has problems as damage dosent scale well
No cc ability
Small radius
Bug problem (testing)

After all this frost still has the problem his skills not being viable at high levels

Avalanche: damage drop off cant use if dosent damage much
Ice wave: made better but still to many cones
Freeze: hardly ever considered exept for boses
Snowglobe: no use in mid-high levels

He is beaten for deffensive skills by
Novas ult doing a slow effect
Rhino stomp: lifting enemys into the air
Iron skin: blocks damage/staggers/procs
Excalibur:blind
Valkyrie
nyx:absorb/choas

Frost is laking in this area even more than ever since snowglobe nerf, to fix this I have some ideas for tweaks or overhauls to help frost along again

lets compare frost to rhino

avalanche: small radius/damage good/no cc

rhino stomp: huge radius/does damage/good cc

freeze: single target/not hit scan/breaks on damage/

rhino charge: knockdown targets/mobility/damage/aoe

ice wave: damage average/small radius cant make wider/cc

roar: increase's damage which can out do ice wave/affects allies

iron skin: health based/mobile/stops all staggers/procs/less energy than snowglobe

snowglobe: health and duration based/not mobile/big radius attracts more attention/cc is now useless since it dies before anyone gets in/higher energy

rhino stomp beats avalanche

rhinos iron skins beats the sg

rhinos rhino charge beats freeze

rhinos roar comparable to icewave

Tweaks

Freeze:aoe freeze/freeze main target and slow remaining enemys around that one and does not break damage

Ice wave: 100 percent slow proc and make it so stretch makes the wave wider and longer

Snowglobe: increase the base hp to at least 9000 and once the globe breaks it blows snow out and freezes targets/increase base hp and include a 25-50percent damage reduction to the globe remove duration on both: stop all damage that includes rail moas and napalms and greandes and staggers as there is another problem with the globe if damage is getting through if the health isn't going to stop that damage

Avalanche: freezes all targets within range and slows all targets entering the area
however the casting last 5/10

What if.. Snow globe was replaced with Avalanche-- and avalanche was actually... an avalanche but also no longer frost's Ultimate (give him a ultimate much better than what he has now that is the current "avalanche"?

Basically this would work as-- Not a fully 360 degree AOE but... you basically can move the terrain (Or what appears to be the *new* terrain)  for a duration.. and is extremely steep... make it kind of see through so you can see what is going on etc.. snow and ice boulders fall from the peak of the cliff you raise in like a 180 degree area keeping any enemies from progressing toward you for its duration-- and ones that do.. just get shoved back and ragdolled by the avalanche for Damage over time-- "Not much"  as you could have 2 up at once for a 360 degree protection of sorts from everything but "flying" mobs which-- I know DE has hinted at for the "wildlife" faction for earth etc.  This would be so awesome in my opinion.  This way: 

It is no longer a bullet shield of invulnerability because some enemies can get through it... maybe make infested able to crawl there way up the hill while taking damage-- but they can still get up it.. and Osprey's.. other flying creatures introduced to the game later on will not be affected as they can just fly over it.

it requires 2 casts of significant power to get full 360 degree radius protection and even then its not going to be perfect-- there may be a small crack where you didn't line the casts up exactly opposite of each other / one is going to wear off before the other.  

As for a New Ultimate for Frost in place of the Current Avalanche (which would be moved to the above suggestion)--  What about something fresh-- not a new absorb.. not a new kind of ground slam sort of deal.. How about--- something like an Ice comet  

EDIT:  typed a long idea for this "ice comet" but it was too much and wouldn't make sense for indoor maps without some serious structure damage taking place lol.

As many others have said Frost was a one trick pony and he also got the role of tank/support. The lack of damage mitigation is an issue and it can hardly be replaced with damage buffs as it isn't filling the same role. As changing his role seems to be in order I personally think he could use a new set of skills. But ditching everything will probably not happen.

Anyway.

Freeze: -scrap-

This skill works but the benefits aren't good enough. Freezing groups would be good but this isn't enough to earn a spot right now.

Suggestion

Ice Block 1 - Very low energy skill (1:st) used to create a 1-2 sec shield infront of Frost. This shield can block any amount of damage during its 1-2s duration, (possibly limited by a number of hits?). The shield then starts melting. Meleeing the block sends shrapnel outwards. Shrapnel does low damage and has low crit chance. However they have a very high crit amplifier.

Temp block - possible counter.

Ice Block 2 - Shields just like the first, however when the block starts melting, hitting it with melee sends an icy torpedo that imitates melee weapon (damage).

Ice Wave:

Personally I think it's a bit "clunky". Yeah it slows now but, it doesn't add up to an awesome skill. As this is his second ability the damage output might not be as high as you'd want it to be either. It's not awful, just not "great".

Suggestion

Boulder - Frost rolls forward at increased speed causing ice/impact damage to any in his way. (This is a duration skill, not a direction one = you can stear it). Has a high chance of knockdown or freezing (not both on the same target) enemies not knocked down are slowed.

(Skill can be used as a movement/escape skill).

*powerstrengh increases damage and slightly ups knockdown/freezing chance.

*power economy decreases energy cost.

*stretch increases boulder size (Frosts "casing")

*continuity increases slowed/frozen time. Not duration.

Frost could also get a channeled ability ala D2 (diablo 2 lod) Druids Arctic Blast with possible "push" effects. (Instantly slowed - if kept long enough target is frozen solid - shatters on hit (shrapnel), large shrapnels on death.

*powerstrengh increases damage and shortens time to solidify.

*power economy decreases energy/time.

*stretch increases cone-range

*continuity increases slowed/frozen time.

Snowglobe:

While inside it could add another proc-chance, most likely might be ice (slow hit with more ice = frozen) and "blast" (knockdown) as it's cold and ice is slippery.

A "coating" of ice on affected targets might also be nice. Frosen targets shatter sending shrapnels all over.

This is just a "second layer" though. The fix lies in keeping some scaleability in the globe. I think the Armor-idea is probably better then anything I can come up with so I'll leave it at that.

It might just need to be taken to the level and place of a fourth skill.

Avalanche:

To be honest I never used to really use it. The only time I did was solo or when another Frost got in on the same team, and I happened to have the Squal helmet on. It might not be so bad..if the duration was shorter, I haven't tried it since I got hold of natural talent. Make it faster, let it be more CC.

Suggestion

If snowglobe was a fourth this would perhaps be more in line with a 3:rd skill. It would also mean removing avalanche.

Ice Nova - Sends out a ring of superchilled mist freezing any who are hit and pushes them back. Low damage - high CC.

As usuall I want the ice coating on, breaking the ice damages nearby units. This skill lets you catch your breath, deal with one enemy at a time or a team to deal additional shrapnel-damage to a group.

*powerstrengh increases damage.

*power economy decreases energy cost. (has a cooldown?)

*stretch increases push distance (not AoE)

*continuity increases frozen time.

*If taking a 4:th place, perhaps the shrapnel would freeze/slow any new enemies hit by them. Still doing rather low damage, it would be good CC.

Edited by Barda1

So first of, the reason i went to the forum was that I was playing T2 defence and at wave 35 i blew my 300 energy on 6 Snowglobes and they got cut thru like if they where made of glass.

*EDIT: I have seen these ideas and many other good ones in the 69(at time of writing) pages in this topic, and feel confident that DE will find a mix that works.*

Here are some things i can think about:

- Make them frosts ultimate ability and bring it back to only time based.

- Make them regenerate health over time and maybe healable by frosts 1'st ability. (also maybe other abilities can buff it somehow).

- Give them more armor depending on how much energy goes into them ( so if i blew my 300 energy on a single globe it would be an armored hulk able to tank T3 wave 40 enemies).

Frost is a slow frame and his home is in defense mode.

Frames and Guns have different homes, you would never bring a Vectis and a Lex to defense mode since these guns are not made for defending from a rush.

Same way you would not bring Boar or Ogris on a stealth mission.

This game is not one pace, it is a mix of insane rush mode with ember when you are grinding wins in a invasion missions, slow methodical when you are creeping around with Ash and a Paris being a stealth ninja.

And it is glorious CARNAGE when four people stand inside a Snowglobe pouring death out on an overwhelming enemy.

Maybe Snowglobe is fine and it's the rest of the game that needs to be tweaked?

sry for the long post but i am passionate about this game and want to see it keep evolving into something awesome.

Edited by The66Monkey

Honestly, giving it hp won't matter, if your doing high defense missions, Snowglobe will disappear faster then it took to cast it since it will just take one shot from a high level enemy to kill it.

The only real issue with Frost before was just how incredibly weak Avalanche was. Snow Globe should've been left as is since enemies first priority is the pod itself, Snow Globe won't survive long enough to let the pods shields recharge.

Edited by __Kanade__

First of all my thoughts on how our powers function is that mistakes were made. I mean, for starters - our powers don't scale. They should be the moves that you pull out when something absolutely must be dealt with. At the moment our powers fall off pretty high in the more difficult content - scaling should be on par with how enemies scale.

Secondly, you've embraced the spammer mindset for powers. Some powers, fine. Shuriken? Yeah, why shouldn't you be able to unload them all into a crowd. Molecular Prime? No. Definitely not. Something that powerful as a mob destroyer must have an internal cooldown to it's use, otherwise you find players simply using Molecular Prime all the time for ease of use.

More on topic, with Frost:

Freeze: Yep, definitely useful as a CC move. It would be nice if it applied a "no shield regeneration" for it's duration too.

Ice Wave: Much more functional now, much improved. I can't really say much on it's improvement.

Snowglobe: It's health seriously needs to scale much better. DON'T give it a fixed HP, make it scale better to how difficult the enemies are. This means that while the mob count may be high the duration of Snow Globe is reasonable in comparison.

Avalanche: Please, please, please put a cooldown on this. It's your "OH SHI-" move. As an extra layer of CC avalanche could leave a chilled area on the floor that slows enemies that run through it FOR the cooldown duration. That way Avalanche serves it's purpose as a nuke, but also provides a layer of tactical gameplay in terms of a slow field. As for scaling - in extreme levels it should be considered to kill all of the mincy mobs, but heavy enemies should only be moderately damaged. Additionally I think that with any mobs that are hit by avalanche and manage to survive should be frozen for a reasonable duration that allows the team to clear it.

Edited by J-Pax

I like that Snow globe was nerfed as I'm against all god modes, but it really should be a set amount of shots or something. I get why you want it to be armor (To make the armor mod actually used), but you've created a bunch of really good mods, you can't really expect people to want to equip the worse ones until you nerf the other ones down (Nobody is going to use the armor instead of the shield mod for instance, it just won't happen, the shield mod is infinitely better because it scales so much better and shields recharge).

What you said about armor is to be taken more into consideration in my opinion:

Ember: 15 armour, Damage reduction: 4.8%

STEEL SKIN:

Ember:31.5 armour, Damage Reduction: 9.5%

STEEL SKIN & VALKYR WARCRY:

Ember:67.57 armour, Damage Reduction: 18.5%

Ember is typically one of the weakest armoured warframes. With the right mods and team set up, Ember can quadruple her damage reduction - 18.5% is nothing to be scoffed at. With Frost, he can reach nearly 74% damage reduction, which means snow globe will have 13461.5 health, almost as much as the pod itself. I dunno, having a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc layer of equivalent health for the team/pod is a good idea.

Edited by J-Pax

It would be a joke to fix by just giving snowglobe a % damage reduction instead of making it work like HP. If stuff scales and you give it a fixed amount of HP it's going to not work beyond a certain point.

Give it a % damage reduction that scales with power mods, and the issue is solved.

Having a DR effect on incomming damage could work too (though that would make the asthetic more a localised snow storm effect type of thing rather than an ablative shield of ice, no real impact on the mechanical end result), though DE seem reluctant on letting anything like that remain as they typically remove or nerf any options we have had for that previously.

Sometimes I think we aren't supposed to stay in a high level Defence for more than 40 waves anyway.

I'm not certain if defence was ever planed to actually be endless (not certain if it ever did cap out, or DE decided not to cap it due to player feedback), though I'm fairly certain DE didnt expect it to be played much past 20-25 waves (they tend to hit the cap on loot tables at about 15 waves, and about 15-20 seems to be the major mid-balancing points for the areas level).

The other aspect is how many players do actually stay longer than about 20 waves.  The game cant really be balanced around 50+ waves of defence if 95% of the player base only ever gets to up 25 waves or less), because it then makes the majority overpowered.