Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List Of Codex Bugs

PrincessWhite

On 20/11/2016 at 11:07 PM, -Zr-Scroll said:

I just checked and this isn't an issue with my game. Are those entries for items that you've sold after mastering them? Like as if you leveled a Braton to level 30 and then sold it after to make room for other guns?

I suggest you to try verifying the gamedata from the Launcher options in case that might fix it for you.

It is not "me", my boyfriend also has this problem with not only weapons but frames as I already said. This happened between "The Index" and "The War Within" updates, that's when we noticed this bug. And No, gamedata won't fix it, and I conffirmed it misslabeled some entries as "not mastered" when I saw my Mag with no laurels on it and appeared as a grey entry. I currently do not own regular Mag, only it's prime version and that might be why it got misslabeled

• 4 weeks later...

After nidus update there is no kavat entry on my profile and codex and when clicking on learn about '.....' kavat on my incubator it just shows like in the image.

My friend have no problem like this, I already tried verify, optimize, and reinstall but still not working.

Spoiler

kav%201.jpg

kav%203.jpg

kav%202.jpg

Edited by Aufstieg

• 2 weeks later...

When I look at mods in the codex, if there are a large number of drop sources, I don't see a way to scroll the Drop Sources list.

I have to hover the pointer over the mod to keep the drop sources list to stay up, and any attempts to use keyboard or mouse scroll functions only seem to scroll the mod list, or else do nothing.

What's the Codex object between Core Pipe and Corpus Stasis Mine?

Never mind, it's the Core Pipe for the Grineer sabotage.

On a related note, does anyone know where to scan the Large Grineer Exploding Barrel and Grate #2?

Edited by N64Gamefreak
answered my own question

More answering my own questions:

Large Grineer Exploding Barrel is found in the Kuva Fortress.  Can be found in Spy missions, but they rarely appear.  They block the way forward so they do need to be destroyed, and they can kill you if you're too close and/or not careful.

Grate #2 is also found in the Kuva Fortress, in an "outdoor" tile with a lot of vertical tiers.

Ayatan Avasa Statue (the squid from sorties) does not have a codex entry.  Probably because it's a mission reward and not a pickup object, but you could still add a codex entry scan when someone acquires one (through sortie or trade) ... or just make it so they can be scanned from the ship since the scanner can be used there if you have it equipped.

Using a codex or synthesis scanner STILL cancels Volt's passive damage bonus. Not really a codex bug but I notice it every time I go scan hunting with my favorite frame.

N64Gamefreak I tend to get the grineer large barrels on the spy mission with the conveyor belts, there are usually 3 or 4 scannable ones in that vault. You can also scan the remains after the barrel explodes I believe.

On 1/28/2017 at 1:30 PM, Costanzafaust said:

Ayatan Avasa Statue (the squid from sorties) does not have a codex entry.  Probably because it's a mission reward and not a pickup object, but you could still add a codex entry scan when someone acquires one (through sortie or trade) ... or just make it so they can be scanned from the ship since the scanner can be used there if you have it equipped.

Using a codex or synthesis scanner STILL cancels Volt's passive damage bonus. Not really a codex bug but I notice it every time I go scan hunting with my favorite frame.

N64Gamefreak I tend to get the grineer large barrels on the spy mission with the conveyor belts, there are usually 3 or 4 scannable ones in that vault. You can also scan the remains after the barrel explodes I believe.

When I tried scanning the barrels in that spy vault, they registered as Grineer Exploding Barrel, not Large Grineer Exploding Barrel.

On an unrelated note, there's a new Object in alphabetical order between Nightfall Apothic Imprint and Orokin Power Core.  Anyone know what it is?

14 hours ago, N64Gamefreak said:

When I tried scanning the barrels in that spy vault, they registered as Grineer Exploding Barrel, not Large Grineer Exploding Barrel.

I checked my codex and even though the map calls them Large GEB, they are orange in the scanner not green .... they don't seem to update the codex entry for LGEB.  Seems like a bug with the map object, since those special ones have to move down the conveyer?

3 hours ago, Costanzafaust said:

I checked my codex and even though the map calls them Large GEB, they are orange in the scanner not green .... they don't seem to update the codex entry for LGEB.  Seems like a bug with the map object, since those special ones have to move down the conveyer?

according to Wikia comments:

I posted below on the Large Grineer Exploding Barrel:  I have only found them one place:  on one specific tile on the Uranus [Grineer Sealab] Tile.  This tile is the one where there is water pouring down the stairs in a narrow side corridor. Follow the water down the stairs until it puddles and you will be sucked down into a hidden room.  While in the water, you will see 3 Large Grineer Exploding Barrels floating in the water.  Scan them.  If you blow them up, they will create a hole in the floor, but will only give access to regular lockers to loot.  To get out of the room, you need to leave the water and find a vent access on a side wall.

This tile is not guaranteed to spawn, but occurs on average about once per exterminate or capture mission.  

The Grate (grineer) I have only found on the Kuva Fortress.  A "Mine Layer" tile has at least 5 of them, and found about 3 more on an outdoor tile that has an indoor Mobile Defense Terminal.

On 22/11/2016 at 4:59 AM, phazefox said:

nightfall apothic imprint codex entry still missing:

All the Apothics are missing for me :sadcry:

If I remember correctly there was a bug that prevented them from unlocking and although that bug was fixed quickly they were never retroactively unlocked for people who already got through the quest.  Support told me to wait for a fix but it's been a while now.  I'd hoped to be able to replay it to try to unlock them myself but we can't replay that quest yet.

Every single one of the items you can find in the Kuva Fortress are missing from the Codex with the exception of the Grate.

Couldn't find them all to verify their actual names:

- Kuva Blunt.

- Sharpnel Trap?

- Exploding Mine?

- Fortress Scanners.

- Machine Gun "Turret".

- Rocket Swarm "Turret".

- Flamethrower "Turret".

- Latcher Turret.

- Imperial Rampart.

- Common Kuva Grineer Storage Container.

- Uncommon Kuva Grineer Storage Container.

- Defense node's Kuva Injector.

Enemy missing: Kuva Drahk.

Edited by 0meg4x
Add some more

What about this old "security camera" bug? Now it seems to list security camera not only as a object, but also in enemies section (both are locked for me, even when in-game it shows that the codex entry is already completed and refuses to scan it).

Then there a new entry (added in 19.7.0) in Objects which looks like a square, people guess by the name and shape that it could be Orokin Grate, but nobody found one to scan in 3+ weeks so it looks like a bug as well.

There are many Tenno with completion-inst OCDs and almost complete codex scans, please fix these codex bugs to make them happy. Thanks DE <3.

On 30/1/2017 at 1:12 AM, N64Gamefreak said:

Here is a Screenshot of the barrels in the spy vault so DE can fix them, they have the same texture as the LGEB but register as just GEB.

SIAWfX.jpg

Edited by Dragonwarp2510

The creature LANX, which looks like a shark and is found on Uranus sealab tileset, appears in the OBJECTS area of the codex instead of FACTIONS/UNAFFILIATED where it pretty clearly belongs.

The DREKAR BLUNT grineer shield, after being deflated by enough damage, still appears scannable but can't actually be scanned with a scanner.  (Helios seems to be able to still scan it though.)

When Nezha uses spears to crowd control enemies, the scan outline does not line up properly with the model you need to scan.

Edited by Costanzafaust
smoked a blunt but couldn't get a pic

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2017 at 0:51 AM, N64Gamefreak said:

As of Update 20, there's a new Corpus enemy located alphabetically between Nullifier Crewman Eximus and Oxium Osprey.  Does anyone know what it is?

most likely the Orbiter, an AW mob found in the rush mission. it currently doesn't complete or register a scan (at least for me)

On 28/03/2017 at 10:16 PM, HC217 said:

most likely the Orbiter, an AW mob found in the rush mission. it currently doesn't complete or register a scan (at least for me)

Its silhouette certainly fits it, but it does not register for me neither. It could be another Nemes/Locust drone with a different name.

Edit: Actually it *has to be* the Nullifier Bubble Protector Drone! it just doesnt work, but it is a scannable object.

Edited by -Zr-Scroll

18 hours ago, -Zr-Scroll said:

Its silhouette certainly fits it, but it does not register for me neither. It could be another Nemes/Locust drone with a different name.

Edit: Actually it *has to be* the Nullifier Bubble Protector Drone! it just doesnt work, but it is a scannable object.

take a look at all enemies by name, the missing entry should be between orbital strike drone and orokin drone. pretty sure that *has to be* the orbiter. it's an easy mistake to only use the particular faction to narrow down possible names

1-2 month ago in one of the Sortie Missions my Helios decided to scan every object/tile/texture so literally everything as i run through the game and after the game ended i found this thing scanned in my codex :

Spoiler

errorHyena_zps8lddvll4.png

errorHyenaB_zpszjzxfjpf.png

no clue how as i was not been able to reproduce this bug and did not care for long as the codex needs a massive cleanup but now that I'm reaching completion of my codex it really pisses brain.

also

Spoiler

errorCodex_zpsfwxgn3hd.png

how long it has been and still not scan able ... really ? ... also i don't think having 2 Transport entries right either.

2 hours ago, Tiborcaptain said:

1-2 month ago in one of the Sortie Missions my Helios decided to scan every object/tile/texture so literally everything as i run through the game and after the game ended i found this thing scanned in my codex

I've also had a similar(?) issue where my helios decided that my codex was reset and started scanning everything again for 1 or 2 missions. Also between update 19 and 20 but I never had such a change to my codex.

The 2x transport seems a more recent issue. I'd also like to eventually have the security camera entries unlocked.

---

On another note, has anyone managed to get the codex entry for the Ayatan Anasa statue? I had some in my ship prior to the update but can't scan them. I even received some from sorties after the update and nothing changed. Ayatan Valana lacks an entry (I've yet to see reports of someone obtaining it but patch notes claim it shows up in Maroo's missions at least):

Edited by AzoreanEve
I forgot cascade bomb was a thing. Thanks Tiborcaptain