Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Oberon, Nyx, Loki and Volt are chilling.

Typhus walks in and takes a seat next to Loki.

"Thats a fine looking helm you got there, Loki."

*looks his coolest* "Thanks man, I'm the awesome trixter you know."

"My that's a good looking head-piece Nyx."

*arcs back* "Thank you :3. I got some mean mind-control vodoo too!"

"Awesome golden horn. And the boots are spectacular!"

*does a little catwalk-spin* "I got the moves that goes with them!"

"Those are some pretty antlers you have there. "

*stands up and does his best deer impersonation* "It comes with being a mythical nature God. "

The room is silent.

"Err, what is your deal again?"

Typhus looks at Volt for a minute.

"I add pieces of my enemies to my warframe."

*Runs for their lives*

I can't even begin to express myself regarding how much I want to see this in game...

The exact concept here.

Not modified.

Not inspired by.

Not closely resembling.

I love everything from the art to the abilities and explanations regarding his abilities.

I would be exceptionally disappointed if the original design was to be tinkered with.

Good job op.I don't think anyone deserves to have their warframe added in-game more than you right now.

Edit: I prefer the first concept over the samurai version.The game has enough eastern culture related things in it already.

Edited by Cabadath5

I can't even begin to express myself regarding how much I want to see this in game...

The exact concept here.

Not modified.

Not inspired by.

Not closely resembling.

I love everything from the art to the abilities and explanations regarding his abilities.

I would be exceptionally disappointed if the original design was to be tinkered with.

Good job op.I don't think anyone deserves to have their warframe added in-game more than you right now.

Edit: I prefer the first concept over the samurai version.The game has enough eastern culture related things in it already.

well seeing that the Tenno were mostly inspired by Japanese/eastern culture its kind of a given, i love the Samurai look, and Red always was going to model it off a Samurai anyway even the original concept was modeled after a samurai, the only thing he changed in the new revamp was the neck guard on the helmet and he made the over all frame skinnier and the hip armor smaller, thats the only thing that has been changed through the whole thing. 

heres is the post with his armor inspiration https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-samurai-type-update-07052014/?p=2391796

Edited by Senketsu_

well seeing that the Tenno were mostly inspired by Japanese/eastern culture its kind of a given, i love the Samurai look, and Red always was going to model it off a Samurai anyway even the original concept was modeled after a samurai, the only thing he changed in the new revamp was the neck guard on the helmet and he made the over all frame skinnier and the hip armor smaller, thats the only thing that has been changed through the whole thing. 

heres is the post with his armor inspiration https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-samurai-type-update-07052014/?p=2391796

Indeed now that I took a better look at the second one there isn't much of a difference other than the helmet.Still I can't help but prefer the first version of his helmet over the second.Not much of a fan of those horn-like thingies samurai helmets generally have and I believe the sleeker-looking design of the first helmet fits the whole "creepy parasite" theme better(which in my opinion should get priority over the samurai theme).Not to mention there are enough helmets in this game with horn like protrusions...

Not saying I don't like the samurai themed helmet.Both versions beat the last few frames we got by a mile-stone.I simply prefer the creepy faceless horror theme of the less samurai-ish helmets.

At any rate I pray that the overall design won't get the same ruinous treatment that the wind-frame design got....(from well made design for a wind frame with a slight bird-theme to it and a well designed colour placement to full parrot with horrible colour distribution on the armour and feathers everywhere).

P.S.: Can't wait to see your Mios sword in game Red.

Indeed now that I took a better look at the second one there isn't much of a difference other than the helmet.Still I can't help but prefer the first version of his helmet over the second.Not much of a fan of those horn-like thingies samurai helmets generally have and I believe the sleeker-looking design of the first helmet fits the whole "creepy parasite" theme better(which in my opinion should get priority over the samurai theme).Not to mention there are enough helmets in this game with horn like protrusions...

plz dont think im trying to argue with what im about to say, just correcting info. the Final product of Typhus dosnt have the horns.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-samurai-type-update-07052014/?p=2469346

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-samurai-type-update-07052014/?p=2601382 (gif)

Lol all those powers look like clones of valkyr, hydroid and saryn. That's just bad design if DE decides to add this without a deep overhaul of the thing. I don't mind the artwork being used, but these powers, name and viral concept would be really underwhelming. This would basically be a male clone of saryn. Who wants twice the same stuff...

Edited by sixmille

Lol all those powers look like clones of valkyr, hydroid and saryn. That's just bad design if DE decides to add this without a deep overhaul of the thing. I don't mind the artwork being used, but these powers, name and viral concept would be really underwhelming. This would basically be a male clone of saryn. Who wants twice the same stuff...

I think you're gonna need this

FlameRepellentMod.png

I don't really feel up for arguing/debating with you on this right now, so I'll just sit back and watch.

I think you're gonna need this

FlameRepellentMod.png

I don't really feel up for arguing/debating with you on this right now, so I'll just sit back and watch.

IKR? People also love reality shows over books, fast food over fine cooking, and coca cola over water. That doesn't mean all these things are "good". This concept is very unimaginative to be honest. Like I said the artwork is okay but the rest is just bad and already exists in game. More of the same thing isn't my idea of a good addition to a game.

IKR? People also love reality shows over books, fast food over fine cooking, and coca cola over water. That doesn't mean all these things are "good". This concept is very unimaginative to be honest. Like I said the artwork is okay but the rest is just bad and already exists in game. More of the same thing isn't my idea of a good addition to a game.

I appreciate your feedback and concerns but, how so a copy of Saryn? She uses toxic, Typhus uses viral and matter from his opponents. Also shes more of a DoT tank while Typhus is a glass cannon/leech. While we are at it, why like Valkyr? The original concept "Locust" was out before Valkyr was. Yes his ulty is like that of Hydro's but also again, he was on the threads before that frame came out, hence why I'm in the process of changing it.

Furthermore, powers being like other powers? Look at a Fireball and Freeze, both projectiles. Next, Loki invisibility and Ash's smokescreen. Rhino Charge and Slash Dash. Need I go on? I've had this argument several times already and I can prove time and time again that nothing is truely original, just a remake of something.

Why is having twins wrong? Look at Excalibur and Nyx, a carbon copy of one another in looks.

It looks more like you want to start an argument with me due to the fact you didn't read the entire post.

Edited by RedSkittlez