Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rejuvenation Has Made Oberon's Renewal A Little Pointless To Use.

Fomiru

Basically what I'm saying in my title, with the recent buff to make Rejuvenation a viable aura, it now heals 3 health per second.  What does this mean for an Oberon?

With my build setup, I send out a heal of 346 everytime I cast Renewal.  This costs 37 energy, with the help of efficiency mods.  Over 16 seconds, it heals 22 rounded up, hp per second.

Rejuvenation is a common aura to see now as many warframes have d aura polarities and they put it there for the extra space, what does this do to Oberon?

Even with two people with the aura, the healing speed is only 1/4th of what Oberon's is, so whats the big deal?

Rejuvenation has no travel time, and thats why overall, Oberon's Renewal isn't going to catch up in time to heal the person.  Rejuvenation is a buff, whereas Oberon's takes time to travel to the target to begin healing.

Before you scream, noooo! Don't nerf rejuvenation!  NOO WHAT A BAD IDEA!

I'm not asking for that, I'm asking that Renewal has a new effect to it to make it more enticing to the player.  Renewal?  Why not cleanse the target of any proc's activated?  This could be life saving with eviscerators.  And overheal effect, sort of like a shield osprey?  And please, increase the base heal from 200, because that's disgustingly low.

The point I'm making is that Oberon's heal needs something more enticing to it, because with the state Rejuvenation is in, I hardly see myself even casting Renewal anymore.

Basically what I'm saying in my title, with the recent buff to make Rejuvenation a viable aura, it now heals 3 health per second.  What does this mean for an Oberon?

With my build setup, I send out a heal of 346 everytime I cast Renewal.  This costs 37 energy, with the help of efficiency mods.  Over 16 seconds, it heals 22 rounded up, hp per second.

Rejuvenation is a common aura to see now as many warframes have d aura polarities and they put it there for the extra space, what does this do to Oberon?

Even with two people with the aura, the healing speed is only 1/4th of what Oberon's is, so whats the big deal?

Rejuvenation has no travel time, and thats why overall, Oberon's Renewal isn't going to catch up in time to heal the person.  Rejuvenation is a buff, whereas Oberon's takes time to travel to the target to begin healing.

Before you scream, noooo! Don't nerf rejuvenation!  NOO WHAT A BAD IDEA!

I'm not asking for that, I'm asking that Renewal has a new effect to it to make it more enticing to the player.  Renewal?  Why not cleanse the target of any proc's activated?  This could be life saving with eviscerators.  And overheal effect, sort of like a shield osprey?  And please, increase the base heal from 200, because that's disgustingly low.

The point I'm making is that Oberon's heal needs something more enticing to it, because with the state Rejuvenation is in, I hardly see myself even casting Renewal anymore.

um...just sit down and rethink this thread...renewal is really a revival ability anyway...you HAVE THE WRONG LOADOUT. Oberon is a balanced warframe mind you...not a trinity.

um...just sit down and rethink this thread...renewal is really a revival ability anyway...you HAVE THE WRONG LOADOUT. Oberon is a balanced warframe mind you...not a trinity.

Renewal was never supposed to be a revival skill as stated by the in-game mod for said ability.  Literally saying it regenerates health over time, not resurrecting.  This was a bug with health restores when they came out too, but was fixed.  As was Oberon.

I'd prefer it be a life-steal effect, to be honest.

It deals damage, and rejuvenates allies all in one skill. We're long overdue for a life-steal skill, too, in my opinion. :|

Paladin's don't steal life, if we're to keep the theme here, nothing such as a life steal would fit a Paladin.

Renewal is a good skill in the right areas, it just needs some love.

Renewal is a good skill in the right areas, it just needs some love.

Paladin's don't steal life, if we're to keep the theme here, nothing such as a life steal would fit a Paladin.

That's funny, because his other three abilities actually do damage.

Rename Renewal to "Divine Favor" or something. Make it

a) not end when the player is at max health. Have it continue on to restore shields if health is full, and stay on waiting to restore when both are full (duration still ticks down)

and b) give a secondary buff, something like 5-15% outgoing damage or 5-15% reduced incoming damage, effected by power strength, or possibly a CC immunity.

Honestly, Renewal needs something to justify it's 75 energy cost.

That was a bug and was never an intended feature.

Yeah, it wasn't an intended feature; how about cleaning it up (two seconds of damage and status immunity on rez, say) and making it one?  That would give it a nice edge over Rejuvination and justify making it a reactive cast power.

Having the power grant status resistance while it's active would be pretty nice, too.

Can't agree more. Been playing Oberon since he was released and I love how versatile Renewal makes him, but it's far from what it could be.

Giving Renewal at least a base of 300 Health healed and including an Overheal effect would make it fantastic and really worth the 75 energy, and making it cleanse/resist status effects during the duration would be a super unique feature that'd fit his themes perfectly.

Rejuvenation does not function if you're currently taking health damage. Renewal is infinitely superior against any enemy that either stands a chance of taking out your shield or can inflict bleeds - in other words, unless you're a Rhino or Trinity, Rejuvenation is only good for out-of-combat recovery and even then only when you know you're not about to be ambushed.

So, a lot of people think if we buff Oberon's heal, Trinity will be completely useless.  This is false.

Now look, your Cleric is going to heal a lot differently, and support the squad a lot differently, than a Paladin.

This thread is about Oberon, not Trinity.  So i'll continue talking about Oberon, but with some examples of Trinity in there as well.

Oberon is a Paladin, Paladin's can do damage, but can heal in a pinch.  They're known for being somewhat bulky ( Depending on how you spec them! ) Being able to heal, or being able to do holy damage, in our case radiation.  Two of Oberons abilities do Radiation, but Hallowed Ground does fire ( ????? ).  Paladin's have slow, single use heals, but are very powerful.  Sort of like how Trinity is now, its a heal nuke that takes a while to charge and fire.  While say, the cleric, has rapid HoT ( Heal over time ) spells, along with other supportive skills.  

To say the least, Oberon and Trinity weren't designed at the same time.  DE Never planned having a Paladin Warframe, thus leading to giving Trinity abilities that would be more fitting to a tank healer.  Link, a defensive skill, makes perfect sense on a Warframe like Oberon.  Where Paladins have a choice to spec in being a tank if they wish, and pulling aggro away from team mates.  Now, this isn't WoW and we know if Trinity was made like a WoW healer she would stink, and thats just how Warframe works.  

Oberon's smite is okay for a first power but nothing i bother equipping, same with Hallowed ground because with fleeting expertise the duration is awful and just not worth the space.  Renewal and Reckoning are the two cards of the deck that are the best of Oberon really.

I like Oberon, he's my favorite Warframe.  Just because trinity is a better healer does not mean Oberon should suck.  I very much so feel like that is the opinion of many people.  He has a good ultimate, and he really does, so therefore he is balanced.  But then we have Warframes like Rhino, where arguably all his powers are useful, and you can build him to specialize in what you think would be good for the team?  Thats how every Warframe should be.  Want to lay a carpet of Hallowed Ground?  Go ahead!  Just be ready to deal with less than stellar damage, no cc, and absolutely no utility!  Want to build for Renewal?  That's fine, just know that it's only a 200 base heal and scales awfully with power strength, you'll need to cast at least twice or even three times to heal teammates!

And thats the problem with Oberon, he's underpowered.  His cards overplayed by many kits.  His reckoning is his only saving grace, and people even say that ultimate is bad.

I've proved to many that even with a crippled kit, I can make Oberon work.  But the point is I don't want to be crippled, I want to perform just as well as another Warframe in the endgame, for the sake of balance.

see thats the problem with Hybrids they can't make them too powerful otherwise no one else would use other specialized frames, but I think Oberons Heal needs to be instant not this I have to travel across the map to heal you with this slow ball.

They could just have the Renewal projectile heal half of the total amount of health they are supposed to right away then regenerate the rest.

For example, let's say Renewal heals 300 Health total. Oberon uses it; the moment the orb touches someone, he regains 150 Health then begins regenerating the last 150 over X seconds.

see thats the problem with Hybrids they can't make them too powerful otherwise no one else would use other specialized frames, but I think Oberons Heal needs to be instant not this I have to travel across the map to heal you with this slow ball.

But I'm not asking for Oberon to be overpowered, i'm asking for Oberon to be just as fairly balanced as any other class.

Paladins and warriors play different in wow, so do Priests and Paladins.

Trinity and Oberon are nothing alike, Trinity can supply health in two ways and can supply energy to the team, not to even mention link.  She has many abilities that make her more of a support character.

I do not want Trinity to be made worse than Oberon, that is not the goal.  The goal is to bring a sense of balance, something that the warframe who embodies balance clearly lacks among the "higher" tiered frames.

But I'm not asking for Oberon to be overpowered, i'm asking for Oberon to be just as fairly balanced as any other class.

Paladins and warriors play different in wow, so do Priests and Paladins.

Trinity and Oberon are nothing alike, Trinity can supply health in two ways and can supply energy to the team, not to even mention link.  She has many abilities that make her more of a support character.

I do not want Trinity to be made worse than Oberon, that is not the goal.  The goal is to bring a sense of balance, something that the warframe who embodies balance clearly lacks among the "higher" tiered frames.

Oh I don't want it to be ridiculously strong either, but the heal should be instant and should not have travel time