Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Nasty Lack Of Puncture Melee Weapons

MechNexus

Take a look in the codex for a sec: How many melee weapons do primarily Puncture damage?

Off the top of my head, we have:

Fang

Fang Prime

Jaw Sword

Heat Dagger

Ceramic Dagger

Pretty small compared to all of the melee weapons we have, but even worse, only one can be acquired in the market - The rest can only be found in alerts, or in the void in the case of Fang Prime.

The point i'm trying to make is - Could we have a few more Puncture melee weapons in the game? The Scythes seem like a good contender to give a bit more Puncture damage.

I think the kama type weapons should be puncture.

I get why some would think slash but if you've ever seen how a kama actually enters a target its pretty clear that its as much puncture as anything.

Also hoping we will get a spear at some point

I think the kama type weapons should be puncture.

I get why some would think slash but if you've ever seen how a kama actually enters a target its pretty clear that its as much puncture as anything.

Also hoping we will get a spear at some point

Yeah, I think the Kamas and Scythes should be changed to do mostly puncture damage, or do even slash/puncture damage.

It's highly likely they will add it, but only after the 3 winners of the vote. They've been doing the same with some of the new frames. (Nekros, Zephyr)

There were two Jet-Hammers featured in the melee contest, and whaddya know? Jat Kittag was released.

Although I think the idea of a Jet Powered Hammer was already floating around before the contest.

Not just spears, we need that Pile Driver from the melee contest.

i'm certainly hoping the Pile Bunker finds it's way in eventually. just as a tech test for me, i want to see it in action, it sounds like quite the spectacle. as for practicality, it's unlikely i'd use it much at all, it's totally not my type of Weapon. but i still want to see it in engine, for Tech reasons.

Although I think the idea of a Jet Powered Hammer was already floating around before the contest.

Yeah they where working on Jat Kittag long before the contest. You can see concept art for it in the same livestream they showed Drakgoon, back when it was going to be Corpus. Kary said that's why they didn't choose it as a vote option.