Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Want Option To Block Clans

HAYABU5A

it would be ideal to extended the block mechanic to allow us blocking of an entire clan in game

then if your a normal player just enjoying the game you can chose to ignore any groups who are detrimental to your experience

this will only improve the game - rather than any clan inflicting themselves upon the community in game freely, the power will be in the individuals choice if they are willing to tolerate an undesirable mob

a community will naturally weed out the good from the bad 

i am not sure with the majority here gonna agree that easily. i mean to say that, not every clan's well known, taking an example,i have a mate from - EGT-, but hes friendly to me, so i wouldn't obviously go ignoring the clan ppl right away, who knows if i won't be able to contact my mate by accidentally? i am not really sure how to say though.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

I agree with OP if an entire clan is being a pain in the nethers just give us an ignore that will allow us to block them out and go on playing.  If we don't get that feature we have to keep putting individual ignore inputs until it works and that's just a hassle.

Edited by Irorone

it would be ideal to extended the block mechanic to allow us blocking of an entire clan in game

then if your a normal player just enjoying the game you can chose to ignore any groups who are detrimental to your experience

this will only improve the game - rather than any clan inflicting themselves upon the community in game freely, the power will be in the individuals choice if they are willing to tolerate an undesirable mob

a community will naturally weed out the good from the bad 

No, this is a terrible idea. There's always all kinds of people in a clan. This is extremely unfair to the individuals.

Edited by Kyte

I'm of two minds on this.  

There are times when it'd be nice to blacklist the entire clan and be done with it.  On the other side though, there are individual members that are good players and beneficial to the community.   That clan would run the risk of being blacklisted by a large portion of the community based off of rumors as well.   

EDIT: What's this "we" business? 

Edited by Letter13
tidying up

Who is this "we"?

A figment of your imagination.

There's no "we" in the OP.

(Unless you're counting the "we" in "power" or the "we" in "weed", neither of which are really "we"s.)

(Hmm... power weed...)

Wait, crap, there's a "we" in the title.

Excuse me while I abscond real quick.

Edited by Knaimhe

we are talking about any clan big or very small

some small clans just live to perma troll

and we are just asking to have the choice, the freedom of choice, because as many have said they would like to blacklist an entire clan but in reality it wouldnt be used often or at all but at least we will still have the choice 

I agree with OP if an entire clan is being a pain in the nethers just give us an ignore that will allow us to block them out and go on playing.  If we don't get that feature we have to keep putting individual ignore inputs until it works and that's just a hassle.

So you'd actually have to go through and ignore those users who deserve it? *Gasp* How dare that be a thing! We obviously need a feature that would allow us to ignore large groups of players for no reason other than them being associated with players who might actually deserve it.

[/sarcasm]

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Look at it this way say theres a guy in a country whos not very nice he gathers others like him and starts causing trouble now all the other countries start ignoring that country resulting in not only punishing the trouble but also those who are helpful to society.

we are talking about any clan big or very small

some small clans just live to perma troll

and we are just asking to have the choice, the freedom of choice, because as many have said they would like to blacklist an entire clan but in reality it wouldnt be used often or at all but at least we will still have the choice 

You cannot just generalise an entire clan on the basis of only being exposed to a small handful of their number.

A horrible idea OP, if you have a problem with around a dozen people then just ignore those specific individuals, why should those who have never done you wrong have to suffer?

Here's an idea - let's leave it up to DE's discretion.

Since that's the way it's going to be.

And how it should be.

You have the option to voice your opinion and you waste it? Please, why do you think there are forums in the first place mate?

Well this isn't incendiary at all. Everyone, please try to remain civil and not name specific clans.

There is no real way to block all of the users from a specific clan in game... but you can add people to your in game ignore list with "/ignore ".

As for the idea of being able to block entire clans in game... I cannot support such an idea. Kyte and Zalgo sum up my thoughts:

No, this is a terrible idea. There's always all kinds of people in a clan. This is extremely unfair to the individuals.

Would you want to be ignored due to a few people that your only association with is a clan that could be large.

You have the option to voice your opinion and you waste it? Please, why do you think there are forums in the first place mate?

Two things - One, that is my opinion, so therefore there has been no waste except that of which you disagree with - an that's oddly enough - another opinion. 

Number two - The forums exist to provide discussion and feedback to DE about Warframe in all its aspects. This may or may not come as a shock to you, but they don't have to listen to a single word we post here. They make the decisions.

Now that you're hopefully feeling slightly less arrogant, let me elaborate on my initial point. Blocking a clan is serious matter that would involve a significant number of people - therefore making it not only a community issue, but an administrative one as well. A move like this would almost incite a form of segregation across the community. And it would all rest on DE's shoulders as to whether or not they should allow such separation. Maybe I'm somewhat less ambitious than you, but would you want that responsibility? I sure don't.

Thus, my opinion is that to implement such a system should not be up to us, the community, to decide. If DE feels such a system is necessary for whatever reason - so be it. Needless to say I'm a little skeptical that they would agree.

in what POSSIBLE way is the OP's idea a BAD one?

if you as an individual want to block certain players/groups/clans/etc WHY SHOULD YOU NOT BE ALLOWED TO?

who is this oppressing? the group that wants to play with someone who is trying to block them?

that makes ZERO SENSE

+9999 OP

i know we are getting a "rep" system soon, but still... having a blacklist is NOT a bad idea, and hurts no one (except trolls)

in what POSSIBLE way is the OP's idea a BAD one?

if you as an individual want to block certain players/groups/clans/etc WHY SHOULD YOU NOT BE ALLOWED TO?

who is this oppressing? the group that wants to play with someone who is trying to block them?

that makes ZERO SENSE

+9999 OP

i know we are getting a "rep" system soon, but still... having a blacklist is NOT a bad idea, and hurts no one (except trolls)

Would you want to be ignored due to a few people that your only association with is a clan that could be large.

it's not all that bad. yes, if it meant I don't have to deal with someone who would do something like that.

what does 'ignore' even mean in this context anyway? you don't get to see their messages? you don't get to be put in a game with them in it?

If they just add this, then we don't need blacklists anyway.

isn't that technically what a blacklist should do?

the problem with Warframe's matchmaking is you don't really get to pick who you play with unless you decide on it before clicking on a node, but if it's a popular node and there are a lot of players playing that node then it should be rare for you to meet the same player more than once in the same node.

so still, what does 'ignore' mean?