The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

So after waiting for my slow net to load the rest of the devstream, I finally saw the Glaive combos...

If I put a Glaive on my Proto-Excalibur with melee 2.0, I wonder how high its sexiness quotient is gonna go up...

So after waiting for my slow net to load the rest of the devstream, I finally saw the Glaive combos...

If I put a Glaive on my Proto-Excalibur with melee 2.0, I wonder how high its sexiness quotient is gonna go up...

over 9000

edit : Middle Master yay

Edited by Deidaku

Well Excalibur seems not really fit for melee 2.0. I guess Trinity is gonna be best melee frame

Excalibur = Sword of the king Arthur

Melee 2.0 = Update 13

Update 13 = "Sword alone"

Excalibur = Melee 2.0

See, it fits. :)

Edited by unknow99

So I just realized. Galatine is getting indirectly ass#*($%%@ be Melee 2.0 just like Acrid was raped by Damage 2.0

Since charge attack is being removed Galatine loses majority of it's power: no massive charge damage, no high status and crit chances. It's just gonna be a cool looking slow melee weapon now.

I guess nerfherders will be happy at least

So I just realized. Galatine is getting indirectly &#!#*($%%@ be Melee 2.0 just like Acrid was raped by Damage 2.0

Since charge attack is being removed Galatine loses majority of it's power: no massive charge damage, no high status and crit chances. It's just gonna be a cool looking slow melee weapon now.

I guess nerfherders will be happy at least

Since all melee weapons are being rebalanced for the new system, no one has any idea how the weapons will be balanced.

After watching the Devstream 26.

I am worrying about a few things. I did not see any decapitations, it felt too like a PG 13 for my taste.

So my questions are:

1. Will you still be able to decapitate enemies in 1 swing? Or do I have to hit them with combo in order to to cut them in half. Or is the bloody R Rated kills going to be removed?

2. Do I have to do full combo to kill the enemy. My question is because a real ninja wouldn't waste time, with combo, they would simply go for the killing stroke. Is this something that is being thought about when designing the Melee 2.0?

Also I understand that Melee 2.0 is the developers creative vision. But to me, I prefer just to cut an ememy in half and move on, not spend time doing gymnastics.

3. My charge builds with Orthos Prime, and Galatine? Are those still going to be viable., if I choose not to use Melee Stance?

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

1. I really doubt the death animations will change. They didn't kill enough to get a good sample size and it's not like dismemberment happens every time.

2. No. You could even see in the stream he was killing guys with one or two hits. A real ninja wouldn't be anything like a Warframe so it's kind of pointless to compare them anyway. Real ninja aren't very exciting.

3. No. Charges are gone but you can channel for more damage.

Killing your enemies will always be first and fore-most affected by your damage vs your enemies health. If you have a fully modded weapon, then you'll still one shot lower lvl enemies on the first attack of your "combo", if you're fighting enemies strong enough to compete with your fully modded weapon, then you'll have to do some work to kill them.

Edited by rapt0rman

1. I really doubt the death animations will change. They didn't kill enough to get a good sample size and it's not like dismemberment happens every time.

2. No. You could even see in the stream he was killing guys with one or two hits. A real ninja wouldn't be anything like a Warframe so it's kind of pointless to compare them anyway. Real ninja aren't very exciting.

3. No. Charges are gone but you can channel for more damage.

That's a little bit disappointing to me. I think that they should Poll the players what they think before making such a game changing update. I prefer 1 hit decapitations with charge attacks. I hope that gets put back in the game. I don't like the new system. I think a Melee weapon is something you use in close quarters.

I think the developers will need to give players an option if they want to use the melee stance or the old system of fighting.

The decapitations happen quite often on current build, and its fun. The new system will take that away? The fact they are making it more like kids game, or star wars with light sabers doesn't seem very exciting to me.

They should at least add blood spurts when you cut the enemies, I did not see any blood spurts in the demo.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

Affirm means I was agreeing with what the guy who I quoted said. Which was the same thing you said.

Eh I was half asleep, and didn't see the parenthesis in his post.

Was that even there to begin with, or did he edit it later?

Edited by SoulEchelon

I feel bad for you but almost everyone else is super stoked. At least try it before declaring that you don't like it.

With the buff Melee is getting for all you know a Channeled regular hit does more damage than a current charge attack does.

Not really. It depends on how much slashing damage you deal on a killing blow. We don't know if it will be gone but I can't imagine why it would. A lot of effort went into those animations and models.

I recommend you wait and see instead of flailing around with what you could glean from 5-10 minutes of in-progress gameplay.

Edited by ValhaHazred

If killing as quickly as possible is that important to you, should you really be using a melee weapon?

Um. Yes. A huge melee weapon should be able to decapitate an enemy in half like it does now. It looks great and is fun. Do I really want to spend 5 seconds dancing with an enemy, when I have 4 other enemies shooting me from all sides?

I feel bad for you but almost everyone else is super stoked. At least try it before declaring that you don't like it.

With the buff Melee is getting for all you know a Channeled regular hit does more damage than a current charge attack does.

Not really. It depends on how much slashing damage you deal on a killing blow. We don't know if it will be gone but I can't imagine why it would. A lot of effort went into those animations and models.

I recommend you wait and see instead of flailing around with what you could glean from 5-10 minutes of in-progress gameplay.

They said this is going Live on PC next week. They are putting finishing touches on it, now its almost done. I just hope that they don't make it like PG-13 game, because Warframe is currently one of the few adult games that is out there.

I hope the PC players don't just push DE into making them an update just for the sake of something new if current way gets the job done in 1 swing.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

I just hope that they don't make it like PG-13 game, because Warframe is currently one of the few adult games that is out there.

Blood and gore does not an adult game make. Warframe was also PG-13 a while back, if DE wants that rating back for a wider audience that's their prerogative.

I'm not saying they do but really, if you're only playing a game for the violence you might have issues. That's a pretty serious red flag right there.

Edited by ValhaHazred

If you're talking purely about the visual effects from enemies dieing, It's not going away, slash based killing blows will still dismember your enemies just like they always have.

As for one shotting everything with the standard charge attack, it's just flat out gone, you're gonna have to get used to that one, there will be plenty of other ways to boost your damage up.

Blood and gore does not an adult game make. Warframe was also PG-13 a while back, if DE wants that rating back for a wider audience that's their prerogative.

I'm not saying they do but really, if you're only playing a game for the violence you might have issues. That's a pretty serious red flag right there.

Hey, video game violence is the best violence!

Um. Yes. A huge melee weapon should be able to decapitate an enemy in half like it does now. It looks great and is fun. Do I really want to spend 5 seconds dancing with an enemy, when I have 4 other enemies shooting me from all sides?

They said this is going Live on PC next week. They are putting finishing touches on it, now its almost done. I just hope that they don't make it like PG-13 game, because Warframe is currently one of the few adult games that is out there.

I hope the PC players don't just push DE into making them an update just for the sake of something new if current way gets the job done in 1 swing.

I see why you are worried but I don't think DE is going to make Warframe T for teens. I just hope this melee 2.0 works out good for all the hype it's getting. 

Hey, video game violence is the best violence!

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against animated violence but you have to admit this guy is way too focused on it.

He's either looking for things to complain about or a gore fetishist.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Eh I was half asleep, and didn't see the parenthesis in his post.

Was that even there to begin with, or did he edit it later?

It's all good, and this is what he said btw

Charge attacks (with the Glaive as exception) will be removed. They even said so during yesterday's livestream.

In Devstream 26 the devs said they were thinking about letting people unequip their primaries and secondaries, so there is definitely a possibility of replacing those with other melee weapons.

But this is only speculation.

I didn't notice... Oh well I would be overjoyed if they did just that.