The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

They are going to get replace/removed.

I hope DE still make Jat Kittag the jet-powered hammer it was supposed to be and gives it an unique animation set and combos.

well, if they get outright removed, i certainly hope i get compensation... Those mods had quite a bit of time invested in them.

When I watched Devstream 26, I noticed Scott was parrying/blocking bullets

We can already do that with Frame mods (Reflex Guard and the Parrying mod)

Will this change in Melee 2.0? Will DE move those mods into melee weapons? It's hard to fit in melee parry mods in frame loadouts so I don't use them

melee 2.0 aint gonna be the best thing since sliced bread but its going to make melee much more fun and viable then it was previously and offer mor options to the old weapons that were gimmicky... I mean I doubt anyone who saw the glaive animations didn't think "okay I am not jumping on the hype train but that was pretty cool".

why hate on systems that arnt even in yet or say itll be a flop before its even here.... plus simply put 2 things needed to bring out this games best is some sort of story mode and dedicated servers.... former will happen starting with vors prize... latter remains to be seen

Scuse me, but all these people saying that there will be no charge attacks left in the game?

Channeling is on the left mouse button while melee will still be on the E key.

HOW ABOUT WAITING ABOUT 24 HOURS BEFORE SAYING THAT ARMEGEDDON IS HAPPENING IN 10+ PAGES?

After all, we know Glaive/Kestral has charge attacks, why assume that the 'Hold E' option won't be there for other melee weapons? I won't be surprised if Charge isn't modified to work with standard melee for balance reasons, but we don't know ANYTHING without confirmation at all.

Scuse me, but all these people saying that there will be no charge attacks left in the game?

Channeling is on the left mouse button while melee will still be on the E key.

HOW ABOUT WAITING ABOUT 24 HOURS BEFORE SAYING THAT ARMEGEDDON IS HAPPENING IN 10+ PAGES?

After all, we know Glaive/Kestral has charge attacks, why assume that the 'Hold E' option won't be there for other melee weapons? I won't be surprised if Charge isn't modified to work with standard melee for balance reasons, but we don't know ANYTHING without confirmation at all.

because they said in the devstream that aside from those weapons, charges were gone. you can quick melee tahts it. I dont really mind, except the ton of mods I own with charge dmg and charge spd.

I actually loathe to make a thread like this, but I feel this needs to be asked for any DE staff that might be lurking in the forums:

What is the status of Charged Attacks come Melee 2.0?

Even with Devstream 26 there is much confusion regarding Charged Attacks in Melee 2.0. On the one hand there's the general impression that Charged Attacks will be gone completely with the exception of thrown weapons, then there's the other impression that Charged Attacks will still be useable during quick melee.

Would like clarification of this issue for the purposes of discussion in the interim before Melee 2.0 hits, would be much appreciated.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

I went ahead and leveled atleast 3-4 weapons I think that will be "top tier" in melee 9.0.  I just realized....I should of waited to level them WHILE playing melee 9.0.

Just a simple thought..but that thought dramatically changed my gameplan..now I just have to stick some forma in these weapons...but just THAT SPLIT SECOND..maybe I should wait to forma also...

Decisions....

Also

Meat Cleavers >

Fragor>

Bo>

I've gone ahead and made several melee weapons in preparation for Melee 2.0, then just not used them. I've probably got six or seven unranked, plus a couple that aren't fully ranked.

As a suggestion for you, use all those melee weapons for about half an hour or so in Melee 2.0, then decide if they are still good, fun, and worth using; then Forma them, and level them up again. That way you're not wasting any Forma, just in case they end up being terrible.

What would your arsenal if they ever happen to include equipping more than one melee?

Glaive (prime if I get it) Nami Scylla and Nikatana.

Or if there will be only two of them available: Cernos, Nikatana and Nami Scylla.

Edited by Drejzer

I went ahead and leveled atleast 3-4 weapons I think that will be "top tier" in melee 9.0.  I just realized....I should of waited to level them WHILE playing melee 9.0.

It might be nice to have a few midlevel ones ready so you can drop in your favorite mods and go without haunting mercury for a few runs though. That's what I'm doing. Getting my ether daggers and dual skana and like up to ~10 so I can actually use a couple mods from the word go.

Well Melee 2.0 is here in a few hours , yay ! 

Finally fluid melee combat .....or is it

It looks amazing and all , sweet combos and energy finishers but 1 thing in the devstream isn't reassuring at all (for me at least ) 

http://youtu.be/THYFOn4hHdI?t=52m27s

Basically Scott Just falls flat after being smashed by the gunner , kills some enemies and same thing happens 

That right there might become a problem later on  at very high levels ,  T3 survival ,  trying to keep up the pace stay fast  , slashing left and right and blam ....radial blast , you're on the floor just chilling and the leader void gunner finishes you off in a second....

i've posted A suggestion a while ago about a possible solution to that if it decides to remain the same  = recovery movement = aka backflips ,small aoe Rising up attacks , rolling and so on  . more details here  = https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/177682-de-i-know-youre-ultra-busy-with-20-but-i-hope-you-wont-forget-this/

what do you guys think of how knockdown's gonna impact melee gameplay? Because to me that screams don't melee heavies , keep the combos foe the light enemies -_-

Knock downs have always affected melee combat.

There are lots of ways to trick heavies, either forcing them to knock down or kill them before they can do it.

Slide attacks and jump attacks hit them guys before they do their knock down.

Preemptive melee tip:

Build up you combo counter on small fry, and then go for the heavy.

Edited by Tenn00b

I only recently started playing again to reacquaint myself with all that is good with Warframe; I'd taken a break to wait for Melee 2.0. Much anticipation. 

Does anyone else remember that 'Meanwhile at DE headquarters' thread that happened just before Update 12? Good times. Even made the devs laugh :)