Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Detron Pieces Tradeable

MagnumX

Seriously, I'm almsot ready to give up on it, I have been farmign this thing since it was made avalible, I could have earned several Brakks by now if this were Gradivus,  and in all that time and runs I have only made Zanuka spawn thrice, and every single time i have gotten the same piece, I just want this to be over, and almsot every group I am in and get it to appear I have that one guy say "well i guess I can make my thrid Detron now :P" which makes me feel so much better about myself, like yeah I hate making qq threads like this but I am just so tired of this RNG screwing me and want it to be over.

I think anything that cannot be gotten in the market place should be tradable, and anything in the market place cannot be traded, with the only acception being resources.

Edit: forgot to add this~ I would personally love for DE to fix their RNG system, rather than adding in a trading system to compensate for the crappy RNG. 

Edited by Rikov

Okay this I have to hear. Why not.

Alright. What was the point of prime weapons dropping in pieces? So you had to work for them. It added depth to the game. Now the prime parts are tradeable, so anyone with deep pockets can buy their way to a new prime weapon. So that is a little bit tainted, but hey its not my game to make. DE can do whatever the @#$% well please.

But the detron is a different story. Its not just another prime weapon. The harvester jumps players who have done specific missions and racked up a reputation. Im pretty sure that DE wanted to add some depth to the game with the detron and the harvester. Personally I want to keep that depth, so I have a better game to play.

Alright. What was the point of prime weapons dropping in pieces? So you had to work for them. It added depth to the game. Now the prime parts are tradeable, so anyone with deep pockets can buy their way to a new prime weapon. So that is a little bit tainted, but hey its not my game to make. DE can do whatever the @#$% well please.

But the detron is a different story. Its not just another prime weapon. The harvester jumps players who have done specific missions and racked up a reputation. Im pretty sure that DE wanted to add some depth to the game with the detron and the harvester. Personally I want to keep that depth, so I have a better game to play.

One of the dev's already stated that if the imbalance of the grineer in the invasion system was because people were siding with the grineer to get the harvester to show up to farm it for the detron parts, that they would remove the detron from the harvester. So...yeah...Just saying. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to trade the detron parts if you can trade the prime parts, I'm sorry but for me the prime parts hold a much higher place, specially in the lore, than the detron.

One of the dev's already stated that if the imbalance of the grineer in the invasion system was because people were siding with the grineer to get the harvester to show up to farm it for the detron parts, that they would remove the detron from the harvester. So...yeah...Just saying. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to trade the detron parts if you can trade the prime parts, I'm sorry but for me the prime parts hold a much higher place, specially in the lore, than the detron.

DE has said that there is a "grineer death squad" in the works. That means they have a solution to the invasion imbalance. They arent going to take the Detron out of the game.

And I didnt say anything about lore. As far as Im concerned prime weapons and the detron/brakk have the same amount of lore value. Its the way a new player can dump cash into the game and get one of the hardest weapons to get with a few clicks. 

EVERYTHING SHOULD BE TRADE-ABLE EXCEPT FOR SPECIFIC EXCLUSIVES (ie founders)

let the market decide, any hand-holding/limiting just highlights the inconsistencies more

Inside voices please. Im not sure what you mean by that second bit there.

EVERYTHING SHOULD BE TRADE-ABLE EXCEPT FOR SPECIFIC EXCLUSIVES (ie founders)

let the market decide, any hand-holding/limiting just highlights the inconsistencies more

All DE will be able to make tradable is BP's and parts, not weapons/warframes themselves. If they allow for the trading of weapons we come into the issue of people underselling the price in the marketplace and then DE ends up losing a ton of money. Again, the only things tradable should be cosmetics, items not found in the market, mods, plat, keys, and resources.

DE has said that there is a "grineer death squad" in the works. That means they have a solution to the invasion imbalance. They arent going to take the Detron out of the game.

And I didnt say anything about lore. As far as Im concerned prime weapons and the detron/brakk have the same amount of lore value. Its the way a new player can dump cash into the game and get one of the hardest weapons to get with a few clicks. 

GDS aside, the removal of the detron was seriously on the table. But still, I don't see the problem in allowing the players to trade it. I view the detron as something just like a prime, which is now tradable. It's something you have to grind, to grind, for a chance to get. 

I'd agree with it not being tradable, only if the RNG in this game wasn't screwing people over. If the RNG was fixed, fine, but considering it isn't, we should be able to trade any items we can not out right buy in the market. 

Edited by Rikov

I think it was meant to imply, that it shouldn't be up to the inconsistent RNG system to distribute items, and instead the free-market should step in to satisfy player demand.

I got all of Detron's parts in 2 encounters, but that was after having to run hundreds of mission to even see harvester once. I could see why people would want an option to buy the parts from someone else.

All DE will be able to make tradable is BP's and parts, not weapons/warframes themselves. If they allow for the trading of weapons we come into the issue of people underselling the price in the marketplace and then DE ends up losing a ton of money. Again, the only things tradable should be cosmetics, items not found in the market, mods, plat, keys, and resources.

GDS aside, the removal of the detron was seriously on the table. But still, I don't see the problem in allowing the players to trade it. I view the detron as something just like a prime, which is now tradable. It's something you have to grind, to grind, for a chance to get. 

I'd agree with it not being tradable, only if the RNG in this game wasn't screwing people over. If the RNG was fixed, fine, but considering it isn't, we should be able to trade any items we can not out right buy in the market. 

I think it was meant to imply, that it shouldn't be up to the inconsistent RNG system to distribute items, and instead the free-market should step in to satisfy player demand.

I got all of Detron's parts in 2 encounters, but that was after having to run hundreds of mission to even see harvester once. I could see why people would want an option to buy the parts from someone else.

Honestly when it came to the Detron, RNG was just fine. Yes i know it sucks alot, but i got the Detron in two days once i started trying. And that was also from two encounters. 

If DE made the Detron peices only tradeable to other clan members, i wouldnt mind. But selling it to the highest bidder is just wrong.

Honestly when it came to the Detron, RNG was just fine. Yes i know it sucks alot, but i got the Detron in two days once i started trying. And that was also from two encounters. 

If DE made the Detron peices only tradeable to other clan members, i wouldnt mind. But selling it to the highest bidder is just wrong.

Selling prime parts to the highest bidder is just wrong. Some of us spent weeks, MONTHS, grinding for our prime gear only to see it starting to sell for 5 plat a part. If the Detron gets to stay "No trade" then the prime parts do as well, they fall into the same category.

No, they wouldn't. They'd still make it and likely more. Give it some more thought.

Edited by avinity8

No parts should be tradeable, or bps, or even keys imo. All trading is a moneygrab by DE focused on making players sink more money into the game. I'm fine with that generally, but the ability of buying prime items for plat has taken it too far. This is DE saying **** you to players who have previously farmed these items for hours on end, only to see a lvl 0 who payed a couple of dollars to DE running around with the exact same weapon. To do that to detron and stalker drops wouldn't surprise me at all - it looks like DE is trying to get all the money they can out of the game, and not caring if it ruins it.

No parts should be tradeable, or bps, or even keys imo. All trading is a moneygrab by DE focused on making players sink more money into the game. I'm fine with that generally, but the ability of buying prime items for plat has taken it too far. This is DE saying **** you to players who have previously farmed these items for hours on end, only to see a lvl 0 who payed a couple of dollars to DE running around with the exact same weapon. To do that to detron and stalker drops wouldn't surprise me at all - it looks like DE is trying to get all the money they can out of the game, and not caring if it ruins it.

as someone who farmed a few prime weps before this update could care less about how other people get their primes, and a bunch of people having the weapon i may like doesn't make me like them any less, besides if getting prime parts is easier now, maybe DE can focus on making he different void missions more fun

As someone for whom everything but a Burston barrel, Ember systems and helmet and Mag systems and helmet is spare parts, I'm happy to be able to give away my junk duplicates to clan members.

Detron? I wouldn't object to it going into the trade system because as far as I can tell, half the reason the Grineer own the world at the moment is the misinformation that only supporting the Grineer gets you a death mark for the Harvester. It doesn't, supporting the Corpus gives you a death mark as well. Combined with allowing trading the parts (but not the blueprint, because you get that automatically when you collect either of the pieces) I think we might actually get to stabilise the enemy populations.

this can be taken as talking BS or whatever... but believe me--Try not to think about Detron and it will come to you.

I will tell you I got the parts on a very short while. I won't tell the how many encounters I had with Harvester because that would just fuel rage.

Try that mumbo-jumbo for a while. Just don't think about it.

As for me, this heretic Detron is about to be finished and will have to bow down to Brakk, kiss each slag on the barrel and earn its worth for the Pistol Master Race's presence.

Edited by faustias

I actually agree. But only allow Detron for Detron trading. You can only trade one piece of a Detron for on other piece of a Detron (to combat RNG). So you can NOT buy a Detron.

So I can trade one of my three recievers for one of your three barrels and we are both happy.

I waited for over two weeks for Harvester to try to harvest me.

Edited by DrBorris

As someone for whom everything but a Burston barrel, Ember systems and helmet and Mag systems and helmet is spare parts, I'm happy to be able to give away my junk duplicates to clan members.

Detron? I wouldn't object to it going into the trade system because as far as I can tell, half the reason the Grineer own the world at the moment is the misinformation that only supporting the Grineer gets you a death mark for the Harvester. It doesn't, supporting the Corpus gives you a death mark as well. Combined with allowing trading the parts (but not the blueprint, because you get that automatically when you collect either of the pieces) I think we might actually get to stabilise the enemy populations.

The bp does not drop automatically.