The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aklato Prime

xoxcloudxox

Question popped in my head while I was reading through this thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/188851-all-players-are-eligible-for-all-exclusive-goodies-especially-those-who-did-the-contribution-for-this-game/

So, Grand Masters. Would you have a problem if DE decided to release Aklato Prime?

What about Dual Skana Prime? (Personally I wouldn't mind as a Master, but that's just me. I don't know what others would think)

Players who missed out on founders gear- would this settle your beef and be happy with this if it happened?

Thoughts? Opinions?

This is not a completely serious thread by the way. Just a hypothetical.

It won't happen. Ever.

I will say it again. I know. That's not the point of this thread.

I said it was a hypothetical for a reason.

In that case, I'll go into detail.

Dual wielding in this game is a case of purely upgrading (in terms of DPS) from the single version (with the sole exception of the Dual Broncos). A dual release of the lato prime/ skana prime would surely follow this overwhelming trend, and would render both of those weapons useless even as decoration, because you could equip double their decoration power!

Lose/lose situation, no matter how you cut it.

I've thought about the dilemma with the Dual Skana Prime and Aklato Prime too a while ago... It's kinda sad there will never be such weapons because of how it would require the single variants for crafting purposes and also on how it would render the single variants obsolete at the same time. :D

But probably that could be solved with the Founders being able to craft/upgrade to Dual/Akimbo versions while the single versions get released to the masses. Just a hypothetical thought...

Edit: Decided I would give MY opinion before a wild flame appeared -snip-

Did someone call me!? owo

----post not concerning quote----

But, rly- in all seriousness, I don't think it's even worth having an AKimbo version of the Lato P. It should stay as an exclusive that only works for show offs and doesn't really works as a proper secondary (anymore).

In my case I didn't get it, and also didn't get a good chunk of the vandal weapons either, and I'm not sad or flustered about it. People need to learn that you can't get everything, be mature and just move on~ there a whole (new) world outside!

(sing with me! "A whole new world~ ♪♫♪")

P.S: If you want to b*tch about it- there was an exclusive skin from a certain retailer somewhere in the world that only quite a few got a hold of- since you required to create a new account way after closed beta~ ♥ *giggles*

Edited by Yazyflame

I'd be ok with DE giving founders BPs / Parts to create AkLato Prime & Dual Skana Prime. (those who paid for the originals, at least) Then they could trade with the community or make their two-fisted prime weapons for themselves.

Edited by Novocrane

Question popped in my head while I was reading through this thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/188851-all-players-are-eligible-for-all-exclusive-goodies-especially-those-who-did-the-contribution-for-this-game/

So, Grand Masters. Would you have a problem if DE decided to release Aklato Prime?

What about Dual Skana Prime? (Personally I wouldn't mind as a Master, but that's just me. I don't know what others would think)

Players who missed out on founders gear- would this settle your beef and be happy with this if it happened?

Thoughts? Opinions?

This is not a completely serious thread by the way. Just a hypothetical.

This is an absolutely terrible idea. Also, it will never happen. 

Honestly they'd be better off releasing a MK.II version of the founders stuff. Doubt they'd bother just to avoid the bitter tears.

Lato and skana prime are currently radical redesigns of their base counterpart.

It would be more suitable to have the re-release use the stock lato and skana skins and slap some orokin stuff on it. Not saying make them inferior or ugly. But to definitely have a distinct difference between the two.

Another possible compromise, simply release weapons that have mirroring stats and give them some other look outside of the orokin/Prime effects.

Also, the "give us perma forma + catalyst + etc blueprints" are hilariously silly. Only likely to see that for some insane 200+ package. Even then, they want to drain your wallet, not give you a sustainable way to never pay again.  And Getting that much compensation for such a small detail is just a pipe dream.

Not to mention the epic freakout the rest of the community would have. It would be like Tourette's tidalwave, a tawdry torrent of terrible taunts. A cavalcade of convulsing crybabies creating constant conflagrations. It would be bad.

A good mix of Founders for and against.

Some assume that if an Aklato Prime is released, they're automatically to be compensated with the item. (Founder's Pack was for Lato Prime, fellas, not Aklato Prime.)

Some want their Latos to be buffed, so they're actually usable. (Which, is pay2win, exclusive paywall, etc.)

I think someone posted in another thread about releasing a 'β' version of Exaclibur, Lato and Skana which would be exactly equal to it's Prime counterparts, gameplay wise. It'd look different, but anyone would be able to obtain the β version. Except for Founders, because they already have Prime. Eheheh, JK lol~

@Zerrien. Yeah, sure, except that there are better weapons than the Lato/Aklato. You limit yourself asking for that. I'd rather see an Afuris Prime. I'd be fine with a beta Excalibur Prime which looked like it fit more with the Derelicts than the Towers (darker, Technocyte bits on it, as opposed to the clean Excalibur Prime).

You're trying to find loop holes and work arounds on getting our prime gear...shame on you.

What part of hypothetical do you not understand?

Also for the record, this thread was created before the huge drama about founder's gear. I do not advocate letting over entitled non-founders have these just because they've been whining about it.

I love my Lato prime, and a dual version would be awesome. The only real issues I can see with this is that most of the dual weapons require two of the single, plus a cell to craft. Unless DE makes Lato Prime openly available, I don't know how you could get an Aklato Prime.

Also, I wouldn't mind Lato Prime being publicly available, or the other prime founder gear for that matter. I really don't see the point in keeping it exclusive, especially since the founder program was ended awhile ago.

i would be so happy if that would happen but i dont think it ever will do

People are complaining about the suggestion of the aklato prime because they feel like it would violate an agreement de made with the founders but in all reality it does not we see this everyday a company brings out a product and after a while discontinues said product so that would make it exclusive by right but they bring out the product again but with minor adjustments and call it the version 2 so people get upset saying they were lied to but they really weren't you have you exclusive item and you will not be compensated in anyway because the agreement was made and kept because the product was changed so in this case the lato and aklato are by right two different weapons so the agreement was not breached.

People are complaining about the suggestion of the aklato prime because they feel like it would violate an agreement de made with the founders but in all reality it does not we see this everyday a company brings out a product and after a while discontinues said product so that would make it exclusive by right but they bring out the product again but with minor adjustments and call it the version 2 so people get upset saying they were lied to but they really weren't you have you exclusive item and you will not be compensated in anyway because the agreement was made and kept because the product was changed so in this case the lato and aklato are by right two different weapons so the agreement was not breached.

While true from a technical perspective, it does still seem to violate the spirit of the thing. Personally I'm still undecided but both those angles have merit.