Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Event: Tethra's Doom

[DE]Megan

Hey Tenno, just a heads up. 

Ok so you are blaming the player base now and saying the event was perfect as is. Guess there is no competition when size is only thing that matters now. I am disappointed in the decision making that you are going to punish alt now when it was DE at fault for making the event be based around it. 

I wish DE the best and maybe when this sleek rigging of leader boards at the end of the event stops I will come back. But we all know that for the past week Warbros number one was #1 for all those days. Even if you punish us for playing your game the way it had to be played we still got number one. You can change the numbers but not the fact we are #1. 

I wish you all my best in further events but this is the limit that I can handle. 

How would it be one person doing all the work? I'm guessing there would have to be two alts and 2 carriers and many cells doing this to get a decent score increase. Alts were used to help balance out the crazy differences in moon clans. Any moon clan that says they didn't use alt accounts is probably lying .

technically, I mean 4 different people in a clan doing all the scoring while the rest of clan members didn't make any effort to do it. I used the wrong word choices. 

Also they removed the alt accounts, mean it doesn't matter if the moon clan use alt accounts or not, it all get delete. (not just moon clan, other smaller clans as well) 

It doesn't matter how easy it could have been to avoid. DE really wants Warbros to lose this event. If they have to make the scoring as messed up as possible in order for this happen, then they will.

When a company is petty enough to actively work against a subset of their player base like that, you really have to question if they're worth supporting, or going to stay around very long.

How will Moon Clan clan scores be calculated then?

All other tiers are relatively small. 1 to 10, 11 to 30, 31 to 100, 101 to 300. Moon clans have a window of 700. A clan of 301 can never compete with a clan of 999. I really don't know what you guys are doing but some clarification would be appreciated, please.

This is the same S#&$ we went through when Broframe was 7000 people. DE clearly no longer cares about offering a level playing field to their community--otherwise we'd still have the score averaged by player count--and they're actively meddling with their own scoring system and the scores. After doing nothing in the Cicero crisis, you effectively signed off on people using alts if they felt so inclined and dedicated, and now you're going back on that. Just give everyone a gold statue if you're that rectal ravaged by Warbros taking the gold every time.

I realize this post might get lost in the discussion, but I hope it will be received.

Warbros is the reason I began playing this game. I'm still pretty new, but their competitiveness and their dedication to being the best clan in their bracket, along with the sense of humor of the clan's member, was a draw for me. I realize that there's been bad blood between the game's developers and the clan itself, but this last minute change isn't acceptable behavior from a professional company with a product that isn't even out of beta. Getting #1 ranking at a game like this seems to be why many in the clan are still even playing your game, and you want to take that away.

Your scoring system isn't based on any sort of skill or accomplishment. It rewards clans that have more players. In other games, having more players may net you some bonuses in PVP and PVE content, but it still required coordination and people at the top who could competently lead. This event required none of that, at least, it didn't until Warbros wanted to be #1. The clan displayed the sort of skills that would actually win an event that had those qualities, and your reward for that is to penalize them and, one would suspect, ignore the transgressions of other clans.

I don't think the clan wants to dislike the company's employees. There's always going to be friction between developers and players, and certain developers and certain players may be picked out as the frequent and easy targets, but we all really want to be on the same page with very few exceptions. As the people who are responsible for this product and its continued success, then, why would you choose to target the clan that wants to be the most successful? You might just get your wish, if you want players in my clan to stop playing and disappear from your radar. I've never really encountered a gaming company that wanted to wholesale shutter a clan that doesn't engage in behavior that violates the TOS. It's not a welcome introduction to one, either.

1 FPS. Alot of people including me says that this map causes a huge fps drop. My fps was 10 during the whole run.

i did notice a lower Framerate than usual, but i could accept a flat 45 instead of a wide range above 60. 

new tiles require a lot of optimization, eventually it'll be a lot better.

Just posting facts:

Tethras Doom event isn't based on quality, it's purely quantity.

Hard cap or not, making it so each player only gets 1 'best of' score causes a visible disparity between those with more clan members, and those without.

If the score was on a scale of 0-2, 0 being didn't participate, 1 being did the bare minimum, and 2 being max score, the clans with max member counts can beat out the smaller clans who all gained max score.

Moon clans have 301, to 1,000 members, (and, in some cases, 1 member.) That means an elite Moon clan filled with dedicated players who all earn their max-score*301 will lose out to the semi-inactive, semi-casual clans with 1,000 members simply because it takes less than 2 players to compete, per-player average of the smaller, more elite clan.

Bypassing this is unfair, yes, but the scoring itself needs to be reconsidered, rewarding those who want to win, versus those who get paid by their clans to win.

I was going to say this event mission was pretty fun and I was looking forward to something like it being implemented in the future, but this killed it for me.  

If you really hate Warbros, then just disallow them from competing. because at this point it really makes it seem that way.  I have never seen a GAME company do things like this, to let a bunch of people really get under their skin like this.  I really can't believe you guys are really taking this so personally.

One more thing, does your script check for alts in all clan tiers? because there seem to be some big score discrepancies in the rest of the tiers.   

So, how many more times will there be new rules added just before the end. I believe this is supposed to be a beta where the devs are supposed to learn how to improve the game. If you want to make alts against the rules, that's fine, make sure that is a rule you have in place before the competition has been started. The point of a beta is not to punish the players retroactively for the things the devs did (or did not do), but to make sure the devs approach the same concept more competently the next time it comes around.

Full disclosure: I am in Warbros Number One. I don't think that what I have said is in any way unfair, but that is for you to judge

I was going to say this event mission was pretty fun and I was looking forward to something like it being implemented in the future, but this killed it for me.  

If you really hate Warbros, then just disallow them from competing. because at this point it really makes it seem that way.  I have never seen a GAME company do things like this, to let a bunch of people really get under their skin like this.  I really can't believe you guys are really taking this so personally.

i was also thinking it was pretty personal, but DE is just too sleek to care about something like Warbros...

they're like stanry roo, about to go DING DONG BANNU on the clan. because they feel their GRORIOUS GAME is being offended by their existance.

I don't understand why they can't make the Clan Leaderboards be a skill-based thing, IE, average all the scores across the members.

That way, a Shadow Clan that has two awesome players that manage to get 1800+ points will beat the Shadow Clan of 10 "meh" players who can't break 1200 score.

The way it is now, the 2nd lesser skilled clan will win simply because they have more bodies to throw at it. And that's kinda stupid.

I don't understand why they can't make the Clan Leaderboards be a skill-based thing, IE, average all the scores across the members.

That way, a Shadow Clan that has two awesome players that manage to get 1800+ points will beat the Shadow Clan of 10 "meh" players who can't break 1200 score.

The way it is now, the 2nd lesser skilled clan will win simply because they have more bodies to throw at it. And that's kinda stupid.

Or a Shadow Clan with 1 member gets perfect score, and doesn't have to compete with anyone else in their division.

Also, note, this applies to Moon-tier, too, with 1-man Moon Tiers being able to get a perfect score and, simply being incontestable in an average system.

This is going to sound stupid, but what is going on? Could someone explain this controversy please?

The event is set up to where whichever clan has the most players in their tier wins. People were making alts so that they could help out their clan even after hitting the max score on their main account. DE just went and removed all the alts' scores from Warbros and pretty much only Warbros.

Or a Shadow Clan with 1 member gets perfect score, and doesn't have to compete with anyone else in their division.

Also, note, this applies to Moon-tier, too, with 1-man Moon Tiers being able to get a perfect score and, simply being incontestable in an average system.

As it should be.

Skill > All.

If you have a player who can get a Perfect Score, well awesome. He deserves the reward.

The way the system is now, that guy who is in a clan by himself gets a perfect score.....and gets nothing despite his awesome skill.

The event is set up to where whichever clan has the most players in their tier wins. People were making alts so that they could help out their clan even after hitting the max score on their main account. DE just went and removed all the alts' scores from Warbros and pretty much only Warbros.

They said "all alternate accounts".

Sucks to be them. That's what they deserve by trying to game the system. Hopefully future events get rid of these stupid exploits.

As it should be.

Skill > All.

If you have a player who can get a Perfect Score, well awesome. He deserves the reward.

The way the system is now, that guy who is in a clan by himself gets a perfect score.....and gets nothing despite his awesome skill.

I don't think a one-man clan should be ranked higher than a 500 person clan, ever.

I don't think a one-man clan should be ranked higher than a 500 person clan, ever.

He should if he possesses more average skill than that 500 person clan.

Plain and simple.

If he can pull an 1800, he deserves to win over that meh clan doing 1500s.