Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akbronco Prime Is Way Too Weak For A Weapon Which Requires 20 Orokin Cells To Craft

SonicSonedit

I think that the akbronco prime would be fine if they just gave it the same damage as the single bronco prime. Since it only has 105 damage which is equal to the regular bronco series it doesn't make sense that the dual bronco prime version loses 35 damage compared to the single one. Otherwise if we buff it too much it would be a huge direct upgrade. Right now it is just a lackluster side grade to the regular bronco prime.

if they buffed it to bronco prime's damage, it would be incredibly OP. 30% status chance with 139 base damage? even with just a 6 shot clip, that would be nuts. I think it needs a small buff, but nothing major. it's a still a strong gun, but mostly it's all about the status chance. don't expect it to replace your bronco prime, it fits an entirely different niche. unlike recent dual weapons, it's not a direct upgrade of the single version, and based on the description, that's the intent

right now, it has the same base damage as the akbronco/bronco, but with a different distribution. akbronco prime has 63/10/31, while the originals have 84/10/10. more slash damage is nice, but I'd like it to retain some of that impact power. maybe boost it into mid 70's. or take back the slash damage a hair, and give it 80 impact damage

Akbronco Prime beats the Brakk by approximately 2k dmg if you're looking at burst DPS. Since the reload time is so slow, it can't beat the Brakk. I can get the Akbronco Prime to do 88k burst whereas the Brakk is only 86k. The Akbronco Prime in terms of sustained DPS is 1/4th of the Brakk. If they buffed the reload speed, I'm sure it's able to beat the Brakk.

Akbronco Prime is second only to the Brakk in terms of burst DPS and you want it buffed? :\

actually this brings up an interesting point, despite the tendency of these forums to point to DPS to compare weapons, people suddenly decide they want to look at just the base stats when judging the akbronco prime? that seems a little backwards, doesn't it? why you no make sense, forums?

I think we've all been a little quick to judge the akbronco prime. I wouldn't recommend burning your forma'd bronco prime to make it, but I don't think it will be worse than bronco prime. just different. its a beast of a different nature

20 orokin cell you say? 

Good to know. I wont waste a single orokin cell on it

10 for each bronco prime. so it's only 20 if you make two new bronco primes to craft it. otherwise, you're already 10 down. but I do recommend keeping an original bronco prime around. again, they're two very different weapons

Akbronco Prime beats the Brakk by approximately 2k dmg if you're looking at burst DPS. Since the reload time is so slow, it can't beat the Brakk. I can get the Akbronco Prime to do 88k burst whereas the Brakk is only 86k. The Akbronco Prime in terms of sustained DPS is 1/4th of the Brakk. If they buffed the reload speed, I'm sure it's able to beat the Brakk.

Yes, I agree that reducing reload time to 1.0 and increasing base damage a bit would suffice. Also clip size to 8.

This is only true if you can click 13+ times per second, which is pretty much impossible without a macro.

Personally I wish they'd put a cap on firerate for semi automatic weapons (perhaps adjust stats to compensate) to reduce the incentive to use macros. Another solution would be to simply fire dual semi auto weapons at the same time rather than alternating.

Edited by Pythadragon

if they buffed it to bronco prime's damage, it would be incredibly OP. 30% status chance with 139 base damage? even with just a 6 shot clip, that would be nuts. I think it needs a small buff, but nothing major. it's a still a strong gun, but mostly it's all about the status chance. don't expect it to replace your bronco prime, it fits an entirely different niche. unlike recent dual weapons, it's not a direct upgrade of the single version, and based on the description, that's the intent

right now, it has the same base damage as the akbronco/bronco, but with a different distribution. akbronco prime has 63/10/31, while the originals have 84/10/10. more slash damage is nice, but I'd like it to retain some of that impact power. maybe boost it into mid 70's. or take back the slash damage a hair, and give it 80 impact damage

Yeah, if only they didn't make that useless on shotguns a couple patches ago

Also i feel like if it's gonna be given a different/new purpose than it's non-prime counterpart, it should've just been a new prime weapon (why not, they've done it with Reaper Prime). A Prime version of anything should just be a little better at doing what it already does.

Otherwise if we buff it too much it would be a huge direct upgrade. Right now it is just a lackluster side grade to the regular bronco prime.

Shouldn't something that takes more than twice the resources and farming to make be a huge direct upgrade, intuitively speaking?

I mean, you've got to farm two whole bronco primes, then you've got to farm the akbronco prime BP and the linking thingy. That's twenty cells, two receivers, two barrels, two bronco prime BPs, then the akbronco prime BP and the linking device. It's more than twice as much effort involved, so by all rights shouldn't it be more than twice as effective in general?

I think the weapon should keep its original physical damage of 140, at its current strength its strong when you compare it to low mastery weapons but doesn't seem that great at end tier level when looking at the stats. This is a problem because new/mid lv players aren't going to farm 20 orokin cells for this weapon.

as for magazine size, it would be great if it got a magazine size of 8, but I get how its 6 because the gun has 3 barrels and 1 shot per barrel like a double barrel shotgun, single bronco pm got a magazine size of 4 because 3 wasnt viable. But if the weapon has 140 damage and clipsize of 8 then it would have more burst damage than brakk