The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update: 12.4.0 - Very Poor Performance

xxEvilZedxx

Hi all,

I have reported this problem many times with the latest updates, but it seems that the development team does not care. 

Now the performance is decreased to unplayable, only 6/15 fps

for the moment I have no interest in continuing this game or supporting it with purchases of platinum, when the game will restore the old version 11.x where you could have at least 100/150 fps maybe I will continue to play.

My hardware:
- Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2,4Ghz
- nVidia GeForce 320M
- 8Gb RAM DDR3
- SSD Samsung 250Gb
- Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Attach screenshots and game settings:

Thanks.

No its not just a problem with settings... and with those specs the fps shouldnt drop to those levels no matter the settings to begin with.  It sems that some of the changes that came with 12.4.1 clash with some drivers or whatever... no matter how high the specs are or even if you change the settings to the lowest etc the fps is stuck at an unplayable 10+/- fps

I had a similar issue with 12.4.1 but i did a rollback to older graphic drivers due various reasons but it also fixed the problems with WF.

Make sure Windows is up to date, disable unneeded processes running in the background.

But to be honest it's largely due to your ancient hardware.

that's not the problem, prior to version 11.9.x fps no problem,

I had the same hardware with 80/120 fps with medium settings, after updates 12.x and settings to a minimum, the fps have dropped dramatically.

The problem remains on optimizing graphics of the game, only the development team can fix this problem.

Other games still work perfectly.

I hope that the development team fixes the problem, otherwise they have to change the minimum hardware requirements needed for this game.

What are the system requirements for Warframe?

Read here: https://warframe.com/faq

Thanks.

you have wrong settings. you need to find the best ones for optimal performance. otherwise it is your fault if it runs bad.

Turn down your particle system quality and resolution. That should help quite a bit.

Make sure Windows is up to date, disable unneeded processes running in the background.

But to be honest it's largely due to your ancient hardware.

You all know there IS a performance issue in this game right? There is even several threads already of many users having problems with the game. The game has a massive performance drop now. People need to realize this. Players shouldn't be turning down all of the settings to the lowest just to play the game when they had no problem in the past.

You all know there IS a performance issue in this game right? There is even several threads already of many users having problems with the game. The game has a massive performance drop now. People need to realize this. Players shouldn't be turning down all of the settings to the lowest just to play the game when they had no problem in the past.

which settings are wrong?

I have tried everything now, but changed resolution there is no difference on FPS, also the proportions do not work then the result is as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r8u08qv7507zged/Ejl-CDgv9q

finally looking on the internet I found a temporary solution, using an injector for directx, which changes some graphics settings and disable some graphical effects in the game are able to increase the FPS 20/40 FPS, luckily I do not use steam or the BAN was immediate:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1cx6cmfwihhdgz5/ktbNQYt8dc

Here guide: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113390-using-injectors-sweetfx/

Thanks.

I saw this thread and checked my logs.

I had stopped playing the game for a couple months so it was a decent enough time span that clearly something had changed.

I now use noticeably more system resources.

My system was grossly overbuilt to begin with so I haven't noticed any fps drop but I have experienced numerous other new glitches with the game.

Switching weapons in multiplayer or solo is slow, slow enough that I hit the key a second time while waiting and end up switching back to the initial weapon.

Game freezes and has to be closed out when trying to accept an invite from a friend. It just says please wait and never loads.

Characters freezing when activating O2 capsules in Survival.

Friends not seeing invites sent to them and I randomly not seeing ones I am sent.

Lag when trying to stack mods to fuse.

Switching weapons in multiplayer or solo is slow, slow enough that I hit the key a second time while waiting and end up switching back to the initial weapon.

Game freezes and has to be closed out when trying to accept an invite from a friend. It just says please wait and never loads.

Characters freezing when activating O2 capsules in Survival.

Friends not seeing invites sent to them and I randomly not seeing ones I am sent.

Lag when trying to stack mods to fuse.

These happen very frequently amongst myself and my play group. 

Also:

Gltich when trying to switch a Warframe, the switch won't stick and you'll need to do it multiple times

Delay in opening the Foundry

Failing to join non full sessions 

Random game crashes

Alert/Invasion drop downs disappear for a while when I don't even adjust settings

Ah yes, I forgot about the frame switch. A mission ends, you switch frames and weapons, join a new mission and soon as it starts you realize you are not using the frame or weapons you just chose. You are using the previous frame or possibly even the one before that.

Have you tried deactivating DX11? For some reason it does wonders on my machine, not sure what might have gone wrong in the updates -- used to work as a charm.

When update 12 came out, this worked for me. So worth a try i say.

and with those specs the fps shouldnt drop to those levels no matter the settings to begin with.

those aren't that amazing, and i'm not surprised performance drops are happening. i'll explain below.

What are the system requirements for Warframe?

yes, Warframe should run on your laptop. however, Minimum Specifications are always a Recommended minimum for the game to run at a playable Framerate, which doesn't mean good.

this is not to make excuses for Warframe, you should be able to run if okay. optimization is a very tedious process, and generally must be redone after any significant changes are made to software. performance can be expected to go up and down as versions move along. ultimately though, okay is probably the extent you will see. 

Warframe definitely shares a considerable share in the blame for this.

however, a recommended Specification i would say to run Warframe at a smooth level while things are going on, without performance drops or stutters(such as 4 players in a long Survival mission), would be somewhere in the area of an i3-2100, 8GB+ of System RAM, and any decent GPU that has 1GB+ of VRAM(preferably more just for storage). since Warframe basically leaves GPU's idle, you have a lot of playroom here. a GTS450 would be more than enough for budget end, without bottlenecking at all. Warframe does almost everything on the CPU.

basically that boils down to is CPU, and Memory to store textures and shadows.

a couple Hardware upgrades i've done recently of adding more CPU cores and adding more VRAM have made very significant performance improvements, as those are the main aspects of your system Warframe uses.

You have Win 7 Professional, Its not meant to run games well.

i dunno where you heard that dribble, but there's no truth to that whatsoever. Bigfoot is more truthful than that statement.

more on topic now, Rebecca has certainly pointed out you were playing on the Earth Jungle Tileset, which will certainly need more optimization to improve them over time. i definitely get a lower framerate in the Jungle than i do on other tiles. 

in the meantime while those tiles are improved, i would recommend non-high spec machines avoid them for the time being. other tilesets should perform much better.

I turned off Tesselation and later Dx11, and suddenly my FPS tripled. I think Dx11 mode sends all data to my printer instead of GPU...

That's very interesting. My game actually doubles FPS when 64Bit and DX11 are on.