The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Founders Pack Exclusivity Is Hard To Defend

Sniperoth

Give up on what? It's a done deal. Accept it. Opinions don't matter when DE has already put their foot down and made a decision.

Yes, the DE put their foot down and fixed the Random Number Generator, and, they added the broken lights, and... made Boltor Prime the #1 weapon in the game.

Yes, we should just lie down and accept it, without voicing our opinions and raising arguments to be considered.

Yes, the DE put their foot down and fixed the Random Number Generator, and, they added the broken lights, and... made Boltor Prime the #1 weapon in the game.

Yes, we should just lie down and accept it, without voicing our opinions and raising arguments to be considered.

Then why not voice it in the Community Hot Topics channel? 

I guess some people just want to watch the world(forums) burn. The S#&$storm that came with the Frost Prime BP not being exclusive would be a tiny compared to the S#&$storm that would happen if Founder gear was rereleased. I hope DE has learned from that lesson to never go back on their word again.

How about they release the FLOUNDERS pack, it is basically for everyone that wasn't there in the beginning. It is for the Jonny come lately's, you get what is left in the lost and found box, a hybrid Tenno made up of bits and pieces left over or lost. All the guns and melee weapons that never quite made it to production, sure they look good on paper and crap in reality.

And those warframes that are complete either don't fit or are just prototypes that spectacularly fail in some way right at the most inoppertune time.

Next we'll hear about horn eveny, why do some warframes have larger/longer horns than others...

OK NEW IDEA!!!

they dont bring back founders stuff.

they make a whole new thing and call it FOUNDERZ! that way its totally more awesome and all the OG's can be like "Whoa, now that its totally awesome!" and they wont even get mad cause its such a great idea. instead they just all turn their hats to the side and stand back to back with all of the other founders and cross their arms and say things like "word" over and over.

so in this new package its just basically all of the old stuff, but thats not what matters. cause the important thing is FOUNDERZ! aw yea!! just that name alone makes me want to play like a ninja(sort of, cause really only ash and MAYBE loki are real ninjas) in an unfinished game and give it all of my cash monies.

any other total homeboys down wit dat?

That's pretty much what happened with prime access, except with decent items. Nobody says a word.

And you would quit? If we had it available only because it was fair so some Ps4 players should quit to because its not available and for PC only? You're talking like you all matter more is that how you feel? because it sounds that way people not crying about getting it and for the most part understand it was exclusive but this topic needs justice.

She said the founders wasn't coming back but they can still change it and make it different. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/189731-ok-this-nonsense-is-really-getting-out-of-hand-now/?p=2288257

http://youtu.be/CNtzE7BTUV8?t=38m40s wait till 38m55s and you will have the answer of the founders items comming back, Rebecca will say all that is needed to say.

She said the founders wasn't coming back but they can still change it and make it different. 

And HOW would they change it? Taking away the Founder's items that they've ranked up and replacing them just because certain people can't be satisfied without them? Not going to happen. They aren't going to change the Founders. They might make a new program/pack that's similar to it with different items, while not making it completely exclusive like the Founders (so that the items are available to more people, getting rid of the massive qq). Oh wait, they did do that, with the Prime Access. Again, it's not happening.

Felow ps4 people, they said they are working on tokens to reward  PS4 players that stuck with them since the beggining, i'm sure founder's won't care because they are too good to have double standards right?They supported the game on the pc they got theirs, we on the ps4, we got ours, everybody is happy.

Oh and don't get me started on risks and infancy bullsh*t, thing was available when the game was far from early stage.

Now you may say they were kind, cause that's how the grand masters masterminds usually come back, if so, they were rude to us by pulling the plug a week before, now they just have to balance things out and be kind to us.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/189731-ok-this-nonsense-is-really-getting-out-of-hand-now/page-6

While the topic is locked, it at least answers the questions asked.

Felow ps4 people, they said they are working on tokens to reward  PS4 players that stuck with them since the beggining, i'm sure founder's won't care because they are too good to have double standards right?They supported the game on the pc they got theirs, we on the ps4, we got ours, everybody is happy.

Oh and don't get me started on risks and infancy bullsh*t, thing was available when the game was far from early stage.

Now you may say they were kind, cause that's how the grand masters masterminds usually come back, if so, they were rude to us by pulling the plug a week before, now they just have to balance things out and be kind to us.

No problem with that; a lot of people got on PS4 from day one, I can totally see them getting some kind of exclusive thing for it as well.

I'm just hoping that in 4-5 months, a similar thread doesn't pop up with new PS4 players complaining they can't get those Early PS4 Exclusives which would pretty much put you guys in the same spot we are now XD

Edited by Wiegraf

I'll just go ahead and simplify this whole thread into one post.

New players: We want founder stuff.

Founders: Tough luck.

DE: Founder packs will never be released again. They are completely exclusive to founders and will never be distributed again. Ever. 

New players: But we want it!

Founders: Again, tough luck.

New players: But it's not fair!

Founders: Niether is anything else in life. 

New players: Why should you get something that we don't?

Founders: Because we bought into this game during it's infancy. We took a risk and it paid off. This is our reward. 

Rinse and repeat for 24 pages. 

Tokens won't be exclusive to PS4, if they are ever added to begin with. Neither will Tokens ever reward Founder items. De already stated on multiple occasions that Founder items will never be redistributed in any way. Ever. 

And I bought into Warframe when there was only 1 tileset, a few weapons, a few Warframes, and all the bosses were still placeholders. I'd call that an early stage. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I wouldn't mind it being re-opened, but if they put the items into void missions or something,... I'd probably quit.

Can we kinda clear this moment? Nobody is talking about offering something from the pack for free or in a cheaper pack. We're talking here about sellling Founder pack for the first time on PS4 and again on PC. Just reminding.

As suggested before by me and others, they could just delete all art/codex entries related to it from PS4 version, but if they want to keep it they need to offer the items on PS Store.

I'll just go ahead and simplify this whole thread into one post.

New players: We want founder stuff.

Founders: Tough luck.

DE: Founder packs will never be released again. They are completely exclusive to founders and will never be distributed again. Ever. 

New players: But we want it!

Founders: Again, tough luck.

New players: But it's not fair!

Founders: Niether is anything else in life. 

New players: Why should you get something that we don't?

Founders: Because we bought into this game during it's infancy. We took a risk and it paid off. This is our reward. 

Rinse and repeat for 24 pages. 

Except it's "very unlikely to return" and "no current plans of re-opening Founders programm". Hence the whole discussion, else most of us would just delete the game and leave.

PS4 HDD space is a premium. A single game is about 25gb.

Some people just can't accept the fact that they can't have everything they want. 

I may want a Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal, but I was a few days too late so I never got them, and I will never get them. But that's totally OK with me.

Some people are just greedy. 

Can we kinda clear this moment? Nobody is talking about offering something from the pack for free or in a cheaper pack. We're talking here about sellling Founder pack for the first time on PS4 and again on PC. Just reminding.

As suggested before by me and others, they could just delete all art/codex entries related to it from PS4 version, but if they want to keep it they need to offer the items on PS Store.

Except it's "very unlikely to return" and "no current plans of re-opening Founders programm". Hence the whole discussion, else most of us would just delete the game and leave.

Need I direct you to a video of DE saying that Founder items will NEVER return? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNtzE7BTUV8 

Go to 38:50 and watch from there. 

It's not coming back for PC. The only other possibility is through PS4 by the sounds of it. 

Edited by Naith