The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Want's De To Have A Pet?

billthebetta

DERebecca, on 20 Mar 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I have a deskfish, he turned 1 year old last week and I forgot to celebrate :(

But I want more office pets....

Your deskfish must now be featured in the next Warframe Prime Time.

You can tell everyone it's Killerkarpfen.

Edited by AhziDahaka

they do not have the polar bear

Canada

About 500 bears are killed per year by humans across Canada,[121] a rate believed by scientists to be unsustainable for some areas, notably Baffin Bay.[27] Canada has allowed sport hunters accompanied by local guides and dog-sled teams since 1970,[122] but the practice was not common until the 1980s.[123] The guiding of sport hunters provides meaningful employment and an important source of income for native communities in which economic opportunities are few.[30] Sport hunting can bring CDN$20,000 to $35,000 per bear into northern communities, which until recently has been mostly from American hunters.

The territory of Nunavut accounts for the location 80% of annual kills in Canada.[121] In 2005, the government of Nunavut increased the quota from 400 to 518 bears,[124] despite protests from some scientific groups.[125] In two areas where harvest levels have been increased based on increased sightings, science-based studies have indicated declining populations, and a third area is considered data-deficient.[126] While most of that quota is hunted by the indigenous Inuit people, a growing share is sold to recreational hunters. (0.8% in the 1970s, 7.1% in the 1980s, and 14.6% in the 1990s)[123] Nunavut polar bear biologist, Mitchell Taylor, who was formerly responsible for polar bear conservation in the territory, insists that bear numbers are being sustained under current hunting limits.[127] In 2010, the 2005 increase was partially reversed. Government of Nunavut officials announced that the polar bear quota for the Baffin Bay region would be gradually reduced from 105 per year to 65 by the year 2013.[128] The Government of the Northwest Territories maintain their own quota of 72 to 103 bears within the Inuvialuit communities of which some are set aside for sports hunters.[citation needed] Environment Canada also banned the export from Canada of fur, claws, skulls and other products from polar bears harvested in Baffin Bay as of 1 January 2010.[128]About 500 bears are killed per year by humans across Canada,[121] a rate believed by scientists to be unsustainable for some areas, notably Baffin Bay.[27] Canada has allowed sport hunters accompanied by local guides and dog-sled teams since 1970,[122] but the practice was not common until the 1980s.[123] The guiding of sport hunters provides meaningful employment and an important source of income for native communities in which economic opportunities are few.[30] Sport hunting can bring CDN$20,000 to $35,000 per bear into northern communities, which until recently has been mostly from American hunters.[124]

Because of the way polar bear hunting quotas are managed in Canada, attempts to discourage sport hunting would actually increase the number of bears killed in the short term.[30] Canada allocates a certain number of permits each year to sport and subsistence hunting, and those that are not used for sport hunting are re-allocated to Native subsistence hunting. Whereas Native communities kill all the polar bears they are permitted to take each year, only half of sport hunters with permits actually manage to kill a polar bear. If a sport hunter does not kill a polar bear before his or her permit expires, the permit cannot be transferred to another hunter.[30]

Or maybe a sentinel prime for us and exclusive live syndanna prime :)

Actually, I don't really get it. Why don't founders get that little love, even though the program ended?

Prime Access packs, which later on anyone can buy, all contain a special, exclusive Syandana and Extractor. This ain't my greed talking, but I think that Founders should get a Syandana(Prime) as well. Maybe, just maybe a sentinel like Shade Prime(Hey, he was used the most 'til Dethcube came along).

Opinions?

These ideas need more attention(especially the chinchilla):

My vote goes for a chinchilla named Darvo.

Have we forgotten?

The office pet obviously has to be a Chocobo

29vtbr.jpg

Edited by Ammolds

ok how about this, the DE office pet is a hayabusa (falcon) - the fastest animal in the world ! (fish and insects aside)

35224j5.jpg

not only would it kill vermin around the office and gouge out the eyes of employees it disliked but it would be symbolic of DEs lighting speed at fixing bugs, releasing new and exciting content, and pushing the boundaries of independent video game development 

not only would it kill vermin around the office and gouge out the eyes of employees it disliked but it would be symbolic of DEs lighting speed at fixing bugs, releasing new and exciting content, and pushing the boundaries of independent video game development 

Lightning speed? I dunno about that since Ogris still has 500 spare ammo. So do Penta. Been a popular topic for a while now. 

Also, Miter still hasn't rifle ammo..