Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Devstream 25] Old Helmets Losing Stats : De, There Are Better Ways To Do This

ZephyrPhantom

It was a more elegant solution than I anticipated, they are not removing stats off your rhino helm, they are giving poor vauban a free blueprint so his Gambit isn't detrimental. Seems like win win to me.

Rhinos happy , Vaubans happy, people on forum unhappy.

Make the stats optional.

If you don't want to use the stats but keep the visual aesthetics, give us the option to not use the stats.  If other players using the stats  bothers you, I'm sorry.  The only thing I can suggest would be to play with a group of like minded players.  (No, I am not saying join a clan or anything like that.  Just find people you like playing with either via recruiting, the LFG sub-forum here or through PUG's.)

This game is constantly referred to as a sandbox by the devs, give us the choice to toggle between stats and no stats and let us have fun in our separate corners of it. 

EDIT: typos

Also!  Shouldn't this be in PC Feedback at this point?

Edited by Noamuth

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/199467-warframe-helmet-suggestion/

Thoughts on the matter would be rather helpful.

Each side can have what they want:

-If you want Helmets to be cosmetic, don't but a helmet mod into it.

-If you want the stats, either hunt for it, or use it.

Just a thought.

suggested countless times before, would balance choice for every frame, you could keep your beloved fast rhino but ALSO have purely cosmetic helmets. and you could even have a fast nekros or a fast volt, ember with better power efficiency, banshee with an even stronger sonar... the customization would benefit everyone. but DE is deaf to that suggestion, for whatever reason. instead we're getting this half assed fix that divides the community more than founders or event exclusives ever did

Allow me to explain why Rhino will now be retired to the back burner as worst frame.

YOU ARE FREAKING SLOOOOOOOOW! 

Use Rush or GTFO!

Let's see how this affects his other abilities. Please note, for Defense or Mobile Defense, ignore this. You thankfully don't need mobility for them...

Rhino Charge

• Best skill! OMG! So good!

• The mobility! Save all power for this!

• Max out the duration!

• Weeeeeeeeeee!

Iron Skin

• Useful for stopping bleed...

• Useful for reviving allies...

• If you make it there in time to get shot at or revive said allies...

• You did maximize Rhono Charge's duration, right?

Roar

• Already a niche skill.

• That niche is assassinations... If your allies don't already murder things before you arrive...

• Maximized duration causes Roar to have a teeny tiny AoE, and thus worthless.

Rhino Stomp

• EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE! You need your power for Rhino Charge!

• Let the CC frames with better mobility do their job.

• Since you maximized Rhino Charge's duration to keep up, this move has a non-existent AoE.

Well... At the very least, cross map rhino charging is hilarious and fun. (Based on how I ended up playing before I had the Vanguard Helmet. True story.)

This change doesn't bother me. I always saw helmet stats as something that helped the frame in some manner they were bad in. Such as Rhino being slow. Sure, it strips -5% power strength, but at least he isn't a snail. Imo, Frost Prime should have a 1.0 speed(Like Rhino did, as that's his drawback. Just as it was Rhino's until his prime came out.) A prime should remove or greatly dampen the weakness mass produced variant possessed. Helm exclusivity is fine.Why do you care if a player you've never met and will probably never play with has a statless helmet? It's like the rest of the exclusive items, they were not here, so they did not get the goods.

Did I weep when I missed my chance for a Strun Wraith?Nope. I just made sure I attended every other event I can now. You were part of the beta, this was your gift. The new players don't get anything, as they were not here. That's simple. Now, please excuse me while I amp up the Speed Racer theme while I roll around with my bacon helmet Rhino Prime with a rush mod. Vrooooom!

images.jpg

Stupid descisions like this just make me want to stop supporting DE.

This isn't "balance."

It's pure lazyness to avoid balancing and incentive for people to spend plat and/or resources getting crap they wouldn't normally want before they can't get it again.

... now I'm off to buy all the helmets... don't judge me

EDIT: Oh gee, look at that, most of the people who are perfectly fine with this even state they have all the helmets. No conflict of interest there. I mean... none of them are just agreeing because it makes their helmets seem somehow like a collectable, right? That's not how people on this game are all... ( < obvious sarcasm)

Edited by Nihilum

Will this affect unbuilt helmets in the foundry? Because I have a lot of them sitting and do not want to waste neurodes and cells building them all.

Not sure on that one but from everything else they have said I wouldn't think they will take the blueprints. They may lock them after a certain point but nothing has been stated to that fact at this point.

This change doesn't bother me. I always saw helmet stats as something that helped the frame in some manner they were bad in. Such as Rhino being slow. Sure, it strips -5% power strength, but at least he isn't a snail. Imo, Frost Prime should have a 1.0 speed(Like Rhino did, as that's his drawback. Just as it was Rhino's until his prime came out.) A prime should remove or greatly dampen the weakness mass produced variant possessed. Helm exclusivity is fine.Why do you care if a player you've never met and will probably never play with has a statless helmet? It's like the rest of the exclusive items, they were not here, so they did not get the goods.

Did I weep when I missed my chance for a Strun Wraith?Nope. I just made sure I attended every other event I can now. You were part of the beta, this was your gift. The new players don't get anything, as they were not here. That's simple. Now, please excuse me while I amp up the Speed Racer theme while I roll around with my bacon helmet Rhino Prime with a rush mod. Vrooooom!

A bit contradictory, aren't we? You obviously understand the importance of some helmets, yet you can't understand why some people care that other players won't be able to get them? Because it sucks for those players.

The Strun Wraith was a reward for completing an objective and should, understandably, be exclusive (though it still sucks for anyone who simply couldn't complete it), statless helms are a thing because players were forced to choose between something A) visually appealing or B) statistically beneficial, so they complained until DE stopped making them (which negatively affects those who liked the stats).

As stated before, making the stats toggle-able or putting them in a new mod slot of sorts will solve everything.

Edited by Ailith

Stupid descisions like this just make me want to stop supporting DE.

This isn't "balance."

It's pure lazyness to avoid balancing and incentive for people to spend plat and/or resources getting crap they wouldn't normally want before they can't get it again.

... now I'm off to buy all the helmets... don't judge me

EDIT: Oh gee, look at that, most of the people who are perfectly fine with this even state they have all the helmets. No conflict of interest there. I mean... none of them are just agreeing because it makes their helmets seem somehow like a collectable, right? That's not how people on this game are all... ( < obvious sarcasm)

I don't think it's about balance. I think it's a design choice. They clearly decided to stop stats on helms a. While back so it's not like this is a surprise.

There is only one way to make everyone happy taking the stats away is not a solution we need a split from the current system.

1. A cosmetic helmet slot.

2. A stat trade-off slot

This would make it fun/fair for everyone and I have no idea why this isn't immediately apparent.  This is an easy way to make everyone happy.  People who have the helmets currently would just get the corresponding trade-off cards or whatever they would be called.  This would even open up new possibilities for all the frames in terms of viable builds and would just generally be more fun for everyone involved.

There is only one way to make everyone happy taking the stats away is not a solution we need a split from the current system.

1. A cosmetic helmet slot.

2. A stat trade-off slot

This would make it fun/fair for everyone and I have no idea why this isn't immediately apparent.  This is an easy way to make everyone happy.  People who have the helmets currently would just get the corresponding trade-off cards or whatever they would be called.  This would even open up new possibilities for all the frames in terms of viable builds and would just generally be more fun for everyone involved.

Except DE, who probably just want to get rid of the Rhino Vanguard Helmet and probably others.

Too many people keep suggesting this but DE aren't going to do it because the existence of the extra stats was a mistake, and they know it.

Except DE, who probably just want to get rid of the Rhino Vanguard Helmet and probably others.

Too many people keep suggesting this but DE aren't going to do it because the existence of the extra stats was a mistake, and they know it.

If they feel like nerfing the effect or giving it a more significant downside once they separate the stat changes so that they have nothing to do with what helmet you wear they should just do that instead.  On the whole we can have a much better system for the people who come to this game later if this just splits into two categories of change.  It is infinitely important to those people who could not possibly care less what a helmet looks like and just want to have a build they're comfortable using.  They shouldn't let players have something if they feel it's unbalanced or too optimal and nerfs and buffs and changes come around all the time.  The people who play Rhino with Vanguard (Myself included) shouldn't have the power to ruin this for the entire community when it could be so much more.

Allow me to explain why Rhino will now be retired to the back burner as worst frame.

YOU ARE FREAKING SLOOOOOOOOW! 

Use Rush or GTFO!

Let's see how this affects his other abilities. Please note, for Defense or Mobile Defense, ignore this. You thankfully don't need mobility for them...

Rhino Charge

• Best skill! OMG! So good!

• The mobility! Save all power for this!

• Max out the duration!

• Weeeeeeeeeee!

Iron Skin

• Useful for stopping bleed...

• Useful for reviving allies...

• If you make it there in time to get shot at or revive said allies...

• You did maximize Rhono Charge's duration, right?

Roar

• Already a niche skill.

• That niche is assassinations... If your allies don't already murder things before you arrive...

• Maximized duration causes Roar to have a teeny tiny AoE, and thus worthless.

Rhino Stomp

• EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE! You need your power for Rhino Charge!

• Let the CC frames with better mobility do their job.

• Since you maximized Rhino Charge's duration to keep up, this move has a non-existent AoE.

Well... At the very least, cross map rhino charging is hilarious and fun. (Based on how I ended up playing before I had the Vanguard Helmet. True story.)

At least Rhino has charge. What does poor Frost have?

It will stop the growing population of vanguard rhinos. I'm satisfied.

So instead of them adding a system to the game and making it better/balancing trade-offs you'd rather just let the Rhino that already have Vanguards be around forever?

I'll throw my two cents in here. I don't have a problem with DE's current plan. Yes, future players won't be able to get helmets with stats. They won't be able to get Snipetron Vandals or Strun Wraiths either, but I don't hear anyone suggesting getting rid of the Ghostbuster Shotgun. Yes yes, you had to actually do the event to get the Strun Wraith whereas you can just buy a statted helmet off the market (if you don't get the print from an alert), but you had to be in the game too. "Step 1: Be In The Game" is still the same in both instances. I got a Lato Vandal for being in closed beta, and for a good while it was one of the best secondaries in the game. I don't recall anyone complaining, "ZOMG, I wasn't around to get that so you can't have it either!"

On the other hand, I find that I kinda like the idea of giving alt helmets a special mod slot, maybe with helmet-specific mods (like Corrupted mods with both a buff and a nerf) that we can put in them. That'd add a bit more flexibility to builds and maybe help fill in drop tables with more desirable loot to fill the gaps left when all the credit rewards finally come out.

Edited by Briareos

I think they shouldn't remove totally these stats. They should instead make us able to use these stats on any frame, working more or less as a perk. Of course some stats will be modified/nerfed in order to fit every warframe. So each warframe would have now a sort of "perk slot" in which we could add these bonuses. Perk would be find in alerts or buyable in the store, like helmets.