The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Uhh. No hype didnt hit the wall..

Everyone keeps thinking like Update 13 is just a here and gone thing.

People you all forget we are living in update 12 right now.

Updates in a game like this are a process. A project, they're NOT one and done things...

So if update 13 WERE to start today...what else is coming IN THE FUTURE of Update 13?

It's pretty dumb to hype up something for a week, and then at the end just go "Well you're not getting it for another week, 2bad4u :^)".

There is seriously nothing good about that.

Really.

Edited by Duralumin

Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I can't figure out what you mean.

DE has spent weeks building up to the update with concept art, a trailer and presumably a pretty big chunk of time from everyone involved.

Revealing it to have been an april fools' joke started weeks in advance and ending the day after those are supposed to finish would be commercial suicide.

we're only on update 12.6. I won't expect anything until we hit at least 12.8 DE never said anything about U13 being released today. I was actually surprised by how many people were getting all super stoked for U13 to come out when we're only halfway through the current one.

Builds don't work like thathjgkjdab.kjbfkj

Alright so as the title says, I would greatly appreciate any post from ANYONE from DE. Like on a level no one will understand.

Sooooooo.....You put up the Grineer Systems website...seemed to count down to today...and then put up a new countdown timer in grineer code?  Alright,well we can decode that, but then we get hit with that Lotus message 'Prepare for what's to come' lasting until April SIXTH! That's 4 days away from now...Based on the title(I know this is an assumption but bear with me) Based on the title, which is 'Prepare for what's to come' It would seem as though you've pushed Update 13 off for yet another week.  Or, you could be releasing it today still, and everyone is still just freaking out because now they feel like you're not going to(If this is the case, nothing could possibly make me happier)

So basically what this is  about, can we get confirmation?  I don't care if it's this week, or next week, or next month.  Obviously I would prefer it to be today, but I can't just sit around guessing anymore.  You can't hype everyone up, get us all excited, and then think that will hold us off for a week.  It doesn't work like that.  Can we get SOME form of confirmation?  I appreciate the hype, but if you're upfront and honest about when it's coming, then you'll have a lot less flame threads/Region Chat posts.  It's frustrating when you keep your loyal playerbase in the dark instead of just being honest.  If you're honest while hyping, then the hype becomes greater.  Instead of a huge disappointment when we all think it's going to be today, and then you start dropping other hints about how it's not coming. -.- 

So in all fairness, can we please get a [DE] to post here?  Just as some form of confirmation instead of all this BS?  It would be appreciated more than you could imagine.

the alerts last until april the 8th (thats the very end of the last alert). That brings us to tuesday next week... the day before another update... so update 13 is next week. Yes they put it off another week, and enraged EVERYONE.

It's their own fault that their own community is annoyed at them. Poor performance.

First off, let me say that I am glad that DE is holding back the update in order to make sure it is more polished. That being said, what they did to the community is a low blow. If you're going to put a countdown timer then you have to deliver at the end, not say "jk 1 more week". DE caused the hype train to go out of control with the grineersystems website and I for one am livid since I have been drooling over melee 2.0 since I can remember. Anyone else feel cheated?

We'll see in a short while, I suppose.

If that's the case, I'll take this thread down and walk away with my tail between my legs like a fool.

You've been merged now. Your shame can never be erased.

Seriously though, you were just trying to do some good. Don't worry about it.