The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

I am doubtful, for one big reason. Because if that's true - why didn't they tell us?

The things we know about our current Account Migration status:

1.) It is at a discussion phase, and since we have had no news of any progressions thereof, we must conclude that this has not changed.

2.) The builds do not have to be in sync for it to be possible.

3.) The possibility of cross-play is still minute.

4.) Tests with new updates PC-side are necessary to ensure that patches for PS4 are clean and stable before being certed.

DE knows that many are still holding our for account migration valiantly, and they want to deliver it as soon as possible. If they suddenly had a breakthrough with Sony in their legal battle of trying to get migration approved, wouldn't that be fantastic news they would want to share with the us? If not, why would they need to hide it?

Alas, no, I do not believe account migration and/or cross-play was the reason U13 was held up. There are too many variables and things just don't add up. Anything is possible, but some things less than others.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

DE has been in discussion with sony about crossplay for ages, if it was going to hold back an update, it would have done so well before this one.  War thunder is delaying because cross play is a deal breaker for them.  They've even gone as far as to publicly state that they aren't going to release on the xbox one until microsoft approves cross platform play.

Edited by Aggh

What if the numbers counting down turn into letters, the last four being "SOON"?

All hell would break lose. A large portion of the community would just give up on DE. There'd be death threats, personal attacks, possibly hate mail and other threatening things. DE would probably just quit from all the rage and hate.

If they delay again, the same thing might happen. But announcing a delay wouldn't be as bad as SOON showing up or another counter showing up.

oh you silly p.c. players and your cute little way of being impatient. we wait weeks while you bathe in the latest updates. i could just pinch your cheeks!

*holds hands up in a way that doesnt seem as much pinchy, as it does awkwardly grabby*

+

*tongue is hanging and swaying like a pendulum*

I can't remember where or when I read this, but didn't DE plan for actual crossplay? PS4 and PC playing together?

I heard about it around the ps4 launch. I always hold out hope that we will all be able to smash heads together soon. Alas Sony is going to make that as blood pressure increasingly difficult as possible on the Devs. ..

oh you silly p.c. players and your cute little way of being impatient. we wait weeks while you bathe in the latest updates. i could just pinch your cheeks!

*holds hands up in a way that doesnt seem as much pinchy, as it does awkwardly grabby*

+

*tongue is hanging and swaying like a pendulum*

But at least you don't get unexpected delays and furious anger.

When the second countdown was revealed, I sensed a disturbance in the Tenno force, as if millions of keyboard suddenly got destroyed.

Edited by Voratius

But at least you don't get unexpected delays and furious anger.

When the second countdown was revealed, I sensed a disturbance in the Tenno force, as if millions of keyboard suddenly got destroyed.

we get delays also.   :(

they put in an update a little while back and it didnt get approved so we had to wait another week on top of what we had been waiting already.

luckily its just a game, and there is plenty of things to do in real life. like breakdancing, or pouring water on your parents heads, or eating fruits and veggies.

edit: also, i have a p.c. account and was pretty pumped up to try the new stuff as well. its ok though.

Edited by (PS4)octus