The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They Told Me I Could Build Anything...

Letter13

So I built a SOMA!

IiJCL5m.png

EhviWXe.png

Just kidding. It's the RX-0's beam magnum but with all of the additional energy containers attached.

Looks kinda Soma-y though.

[size=2]Yes, I build Gundam models as a hobby. I find detailing, painting and assembling small plastic components very soothing. Here is my most recent build, before my current RX-0.[/size]

One does not simply

-snip-

Build a Soma out of a Beam Magnum

One does not simply focus their camera?

j/k. Will upload more pics when the model is further along. Almost done with the build, but Ver.Ka kits are notoriously fragile and I've already had to order several replacement parts from Bandai Japan.

Aw yes, Gundam stuff, you got even cooler as a person for liking Gundam, but lost points for saying Seed is ew in that recent build link.

Gundam Seed is best Gundam (NOT Seed Destiny thought). :3

And it does look like the Soma.

Letter13 the funnel System seen on NU is an End game auxiliary weapon acording to my opinion for Warframe game,yet what enemies should we be facing to need that ?

The answer is no. Warframe and Gundam are two separate things and should be kept that way.

you have nice hands 

I'm a Computer Engineer, I value my hands and treat them well. Except that time I nearly cut the tip of my thumb off, that time I slipped with a knife and stabbed my palm (that was especially bad, frayed tendons to my index finger), got a Portuguese Man o' War's tentacle stuck on my pinky finger (which has permanently left my right hand's pinky and ring finger numb), countless paper cuts, et cetera et cetera. 

How do I get into such a hobby?

I't's not that hard. I order most of my model kits from Amazon (they have a good selection, good prices and decent shipping--many model kits can ship through amazon prime for free 2 day delivery). 

If you haven't built Gundam models before, I'd advise you to start with cheaper and easier 1/144 scale HG (High Grade) or HGUC (High Grade Universal Century) kits. Another alternative is RG (Real Grade), which is also 1/144 scale but offers better motion/articulation compared to typical HG/HGUCs. 

Aw yes, Gundam stuff, you got even cooler as a person for liking Gundam, but lost points for saying Seed is ew in that recent build link.

Gundam Seed is best Gundam (NOT Seed Destiny thought). :3

Sorry, but I really, REALLY dislikes Seed. I mean, ok, some of the Gundams in it are pretty awesome, but I cannot stand the characters. The characters make me want to just go out and punch a kitten or something (I REALLY don't want to do this because I adore kittens and cute fuzzy animals... but this is how angry the characters in Seed make me).

Though for me, personally, I enjoy 0083, Unicorn, 00 and Zeta the most of the series.Char's Counterattack for honorable movie mention.

So I built a SOMA!

IiJCL5m.png

EhviWXe.png

Just kidding. It's the RX-0's beam magnum but with all of the additional energy containers attached.

Yes, I build Gundam models as a hobby. I find detailing, painting and assembling small plastic components very soothing. Here is my most recent build, before my current RX-0.

Have you built a model of the Burning Gundam, by any chance?

So I built a SOMA!

IiJCL5m.png

EhviWXe.png

Yes, I build Gundam models as a hobby. I find detailing, painting and assembling small plastic components very soothing. Here is my most recent build, before my current RX-0.

You got Gundam model? 

Have you built a model of the Burning Gundam, by any chance?

I'm not really a fan of G Gundam's designs.

Can we get a pic of your collection so far? :D

It's not that great. I have a few more model kits back home. Right now all I have is a Red & Blue Astray built, and I'm waiting on replacement parts from Bandai to finish the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. Imgur Album of the Red Astray. I haven't uploaded one for blue yet. I have a few 'dismantled' ones back at home which I'll probably bring up after my spring break to breathe some life back into them, but I'd built them many years ago so the poly caps are probably busted, not to mention I was a bit too rough with my treatment of them.

You got Gundam model? 

Yup. Gundam Models have always been a hobby of mine (when I outgrew Legos I grew into Gunpla). I haven't built any in years, but part of it is because I really want to treat myself to a 'prize'... I'm sort of in the process of a diet and exercise. Every 10lbs is a new Gundam model to build.

Currently I'm trying to figure out what kit I should get next. Will take requests/recommendations. Either 1 MG (1/100) kit or 2 HG/HGUC kits. Either or.