Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Actually Use Shield Regen Mods?

Volt_Cruelerz

Not once since Mods 2.0 have I ever had any desire to equip any shield regen mods.  Back on Mods 1.0 where you could have all four abilities on Volt plus another 11 mods, it could be viable (personally, I ran +200% recharge), but it just seems like such a low comparative priority that on the current mod counts it'll just never get used.  Has anyone else ever used these things?

Fast Deflection just seems incredibly pointless, yet I've never actually seen a thread mentioning it as useless or even inferior.  That's not even counting the fact that Sentinels can instantly replenish your shields.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

The difference in recharge speed is VERY noticeable when you have a frame that can create an opportunity to start recharging whenever you want, for example Frost can duck into a snow globe and get his shields back to full quickly to keep pressing forward.

I never bother with shield recharge mods. I'd much rather put on a mod that boosts the usefulness of an ability that can buy me some recovery time. At least the mod can be used for both offensive and defensive purposes.

Fast Deflection can have applications. For example,
-Valkyr's Paralysis, which drains some of her shields with every use, benefits from a recharging shield
-Warframes with much higher shield than health would benefit from Redirection more than Vitality, and a faster shield recharge means you take less health damage before your shield is back up
-In the melee strategy of using Shield Flux to drain your shields in exchange for additional stamina, a recharging shield would grant you faster stamina recharge, of a sort