Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Temple Of Honor - Possible To Change Statue Or No?

OniDax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My friend, with which I've started playing Warframe since update 8, if I remember correctly, had a huge hiatus since that time (he left after 2 days :P), but I've encouraged him to play again. We're going to build our Ghost Clan Dojo together, one shall build for example, level 1 and the other level 3, but we're going to leave standard Clan Hall on level 2 and build it together, like one T room would have 2 elevators, but the other end of the hall would have some sheeeit like this Temple Of Honor thingy, having 2 of them, for mine favourite Frame and he's.

plz DE ad dis plz :3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Necroing this thread.
I inherited possession of a dojo that was built in the early days of beta (closed beta?), back when the Grineer spoke english, and other such stuff.
The older dojo sections are special, using an old styling system which is no longer available. I have these areas and the work of my predecessors preserved, and I have built around it successfully.

I want to know more about this temple of honor, before I commit the resources to build it.
Is this worthwhile? I was considering building this at the end of a series of gardens.

Necroing this thread.

I inherited possession of a dojo that was built in the early days of beta (closed beta?), back when the Grineer spoke english, and other such stuff.

The older dojo sections are special, using an old styling system which is no longer available. I have these areas and the work of my predecessors preserved, and I have built around it successfully.

I want to know more about this temple of honor, before I commit the resources to build it.

Is this worthwhile? I was considering building this at the end of a series of gardens.

No. Not worthwhile at all. Quite useless, in fact. Same with the observation room.

Just built this today and first time entering the room i face Loki's @$$.

K den

When you start the build, you have to rotate it 180 degrees (hit the >> rotation button twice) to get Loki to face the entrance. You can just destroy the room and rebuild it (resources for the build will be preserved, so it doesn't cost anything but the time to redo it).

Necroing this thread.

I made 2, removed them later as they served no use

The second problem is that you can't turn it to face a certain direction. You have to "guess" the direction when building. So either make it so it rotates slowly. Or let us set the direction it is facing.

Click twice on the direction arrows (right side) when placing the room, and the statue will face the way you are.

The devs did say the statue was supposed to change to represent a "player of the week" award for clan members. So it would change I assume to the frame they had equipped when chosen. They need to add a digital plaque of some sort though, so you can fill in a little bit of info like who they are/what they did/etc.

Edited by Gurzil

• 2 weeks later...

The second problem is that you can't turn it to face a certain direction. You have to "guess" the direction when building. So either make it so it rotates slowly. Or let us set the direction it is facing.

thats not a huge issue, just place it, then you can see through the open (awaiting resources) door and just look at the direction of loki's feet.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the room name is "Temple of Honor" I will agree that having a Loki statue in the center is probably the LEAST honorable statue to be stuck with.

As for changes/improvements to this statue problem...if the room description about saluting the clan achievements is true then I think it would be cool to have the frame that has the most hours clocked onto it in the clan holding the weapon that has done the most damage in the clan as the statue.

Doing some game development myself the actual lines of code that go into this are not THAT hard to implement, the code is already written for the object shapes; the statue skin texture is already there, although it might need to be cut and shaped to avoid stretch marks on some polygon surfaces; and the weapon holding stance also exists for every weapon in the game. Ignore the Agility or Noble stances and just use the default ones.

As for the direction of facing...I don't particularly care, but a rotating statue would solve the complaints that some people do seem to have about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Two turns will make it face you when your building it...

I'm in the process of redoing my Dojo and after waiting 24 hours I just found out that instead of being greeted by a majestic statue when walking into the trophy room you instead see a giant metal &#!. Thanks for the tip, now I can fix this in 12 hours...

Since the room name is "Temple of Honor" I will agree that having a Loki statue in the center is probably the LEAST honorable statue to be stuck with.

As for changes/improvements to this statue problem...if the room description about saluting the clan achievements is true then I think it would be cool to have the frame that has the most hours clocked onto it in the clan holding the weapon that has done the most damage in the clan as the statue.

Doing some game development myself the actual lines of code that go into this are not THAT hard to implement, the code is already written for the object shapes; the statue skin texture is already there, although it might need to be cut and shaped to avoid stretch marks on some polygon surfaces; and the weapon holding stance also exists for every weapon in the game. Ignore the Agility or Noble stances and just use the default ones.

As for the direction of facing...I don't particularly care, but a rotating statue would solve the complaints that some people do seem to have about that.

^Agreed to that... we need to change like the player of the week or something like that, a disgrace of honor, it will be like for me a

human-statue-italy-22416569.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Click twice on the direction arrows (right side) when placing the room, and the statue will face the way you are.

Is this true? When & where do these directional arrows make themselves known? Are you referring to arrows on the interface somewhere - or the keyboard arrow keys?! If its the interface - could someone post a screenshot & highlight these invisible buttons maybe?

Having placed the Temple in several different locations and always end up being confronted by Loki's butt - I'm astonished that these very basic instructions aren't visible in game or the wiki. No one should have to engage their google-fu drive just to find out this was even possible.