Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De=Unreliable?

DJ-7809

Well from the eyes of a new player, but a vet of PC gaming in general, seeing a young, small company like DE stick to their guns and release what they do in the time they did, makes me smile wide and want to support these guys for a while. No backtracking, or nothing like that. Just throwing that out there.

I completely understand where the veteran players are coming from, I have left a few games for the very same reasons being cited. On the other hand, seeing them actually take time to backtrack their game and fix everything ahead of some content really makes me happy.. the game I spent many moons on was DDO, and they went ahead with the mighty dollar approach instead of nipping the growing bugs that they were experiencing. Add a slow-down in content in general and you have a recipe for frustration and boredom, especially when the bugs that might have been around for a while aren't being fixed, and stuff slows down, seeing DE doing that mighty step back for their bug fixes makes me happy. Like really happy.

Sure, things could always be better here (looking at the mess of a market, including pricing on stuff for plat, other personal gripes but my rose-colored glasses are still new lol), but like I said, I would rather wait a bit longer and be playing an almost-bug-free game over new content that would be blown through in an hour and the boredom sets in while the bugs frustrate.

But yeah, I am liking what I am seeing, can't wait to see what comes next.

Edit: Sniktch nailed it. Just look at other games, DE *plays* their own game as well as make it, you don't see that anymore.

Edited by n0xi0us

After having tried so many games over the past years, I'd say DE is one of the best, if not the best team I came accross so far, when it comes down to pushing it to the next level and the interaction with the community.

During the Close Beta, I never expected to see something like dojo and clan research. A few months back, Melee 2.0 didn't even cross my mind, I mean, to think they'd implement something like a whole new animation set for each melee weapon at this stage was unthinkable for me.

I know that the Dark Sector isn't fully implemented yet, but I'm sure that we know where this is going. The idea alone is incredible and I can't wait to see it fully functional.

So, I love DE.

I have played Warframe for close to 14 months, or whenever it was that it hit Open beta. Don't remember exactly the date.

I have loved it for a long, long time.  I've seen almost every bit of post-open beta launch material, not missing a thing.  Haven't missed an event, or a content release, or a Warframe.  I love this game 100%

So when I say that I'm slowly becoming more and more disappointed with it, and DE, I say it because I truly care about this game, not from just another flame perspective.

Update 13.  Needed more time.  We get it!  But that means we had to wait an extra week, without a Tenno Reinforcement, an extra week of boredom and grinding.  Then, they give us Melee 2.0, which honestly is very good, but hiding a lot of it behind a grind wall was annoying.  Understandable, it definately increased the gameplay value of several old tilesets not played often, but....more grind? Jeez.  And then the half-baked Dark Sectors.  I get it, they're "placeholders" but honestly, I hate the way they are currently.  Just constant petty squabble over 0% taxes.  And they're just bloody useless to play right now.  What happened to the Free Roam?  What happened to the packs of Kubrows roaming around the Badlands? I thought the Rails were supposed to take us OUT OF the Solar System we currently occupy!  Not just to yet another ship in the middle of it, crawling with infested.  I thought we'd get something special out of them.  That was a disappointment.

This week, I'm all hyped for Kubrows, hoping they'd be released, and we get a post from Rebecca saying that there wouldn't be any content along with the hotfix, and then another post from Megan saying now we have to wait until tomorrow for just the plain fixes.  Don't get me wrong, I love being in the loop, I like this far more than two weeks ago, when they postponed it at the last second after major hype and buildup, but this still feels unreliable, and, honestly, I'm already content-starved from U13.  Because of the grind, the major issue of Warframe.  But that's topic for another thread.  

The point is, DE is becoming less and less reliable, and more and more grind-heavy.  I just can't help but feel like everyone's complaints fall on deaf ears when they postpone things again and again.  Now I understand this week, what with the DDoS issues, but this whole "postpone EVERYTHING" really, really can't become a habit of DE.  

Aside from that, we had the issue of the week when we were promised this magical "Lore" in the devstream, and then received a tiny paragraph in the proto excalibur description?  Don't get me wrong, that's my favorite Warframe, and the skin looks incredible.  But honestly, we were expecting some actual Lore content in the update!  Not another tiiiiiiny little paragraph teaser-thing.  And that's just frustrating.

So all in all, every single week, in the past 4, have been very, very disappointing for Warframe.  And it's really getting old.

A plea to DE, don't let this whole "postpone everything" become a habit.  You've had your reasons, legitimate 100%, but it's still very disappointing each time.  And it makes it harder to hate you guys, because i've loved this game for a very long time, and that your reasons for postponing are very, very good.  I just am getting tired of waiting for my Kubrows I guess.

So now that I've spewed my wine-fueled rant, I'd like to ask if I'm the only one that feels just a little disheartened by these issues.  The lack of a Tenno reinforcement this week.  The lack of it two weeks ago.  The lack of the promised lore 4 weeks ago.  The disappointing Dark Sectors.  Honestly, I have never felt worse about this game than the past month.  

5542.gif

tl;dr

Missed that post, have a link? Did they release details in a Livestream or just on the forum?

Esteemed Council,

This is a quick post about three "End-Game" projects we have in the works for 2014. I will be brief because U12 is looming...

Before we begin, Caveats:

• "Always in motion is the future." (Yoda voice) We are pushing to get these out soon™ but there are always problems, failures and mutations. Names are placeholder, idealism is rampant!

• "That's not End Game, jerkface!" End Game is ethereal and hand-wavy. For me it's a combination of 'what happens when you hit level cap. What things exist that add systemic replay?’

• "But you haven't fixed Volt!" The post is future-facing only. We are continuing, in parallel, to address on-going issues. Technical, balance, lore, new-user experience, UI, enemy diversity, mission depth, conclaves... these things are set aside to simplify.

"Focus"

When a piece of gear hits rank cap you start earning points to unlock player abilities that they can activate as a form of 'avatar state' / 'demon mode'.

• Focus is classified - currently we have Warrior, Guardian, Tactician, Ward, Elemental and Channeling. You install a 'Warrior Lens' on your maxed Rhino to start earning Warrior Focus. Maybe you put a Warrior Lens on your other maxed gear to really 'focus'.

• All XP on a Focused item that goes above Rank 30 goes toward earning a Focus Point.

• You spent your Warrior points to unlock things from a tree-like set of skills. Example is, you buy 'Taunt' for 3 points which makes all enemies focus on you.

• Every Mastery Rank gives you a slot. Mastery Rank 4? You can install 4 Focus Powers.

• All of these Focus Powers add up to the cool-down cost. Later on I can spend Focus to reduce it, but out of the gate my Focus can only be activated every hour.

• Just before my team faces Vay Hek, I kneel and focus. I hear my Void-twisted heart beating. I prepare to unleash.

"Proxy War"

Factions and secret organization emerge. Working for them earns ranking within their organization and unique benefits.

• Expanding on the Gradivus Dilemma, we track player choices. XP earned on behalf of a specific faction is accumulated into a Mastery Rank-style progression for each group.

• Working for one side may impact the attitude of another... that said we don't want you to dig too big a hole so we may soften this affect.

• Secret Organizations exist that Tenno can embrace or reject - performing missions, special alerts, small quests allow you to rise through their ranks. The Red Veil assassins, the Oracles of Saturn... Proxy War grows the lore as well.

• Sacrifices must be made - similar to how Mastery Rank is increased through tests, rising through Orders requires sacrifices to be made. The Veil may want a Bane mod, the Oracles may want Orokin technology. Earning favor will not be easy.

• When your sacrifice is met and your standing increased you'll be granted exclusive benefits... the Grineer may share Grenade designs, the Oracles have Mod designs unheard of.

• If you're in a Clan, the Clan becomes the sum of its parts. An organized Clan may concentrate their players to earn favors from some factions and organizations.

"Badlands"

Clans and Alliances own parts of the Solar System. They construct a Solar Rail then deploy to an open (or contested) area allowing everyone to play... but they set taxes on missions run there. Monopolies rise and fall. Territorial battles break out for honor... and profit.

• New locations are discovered in the Solar Map, with rarer resources, harder bosses, better loot... but they are unreachable .

• A Clan (or Alliance) can collaborate on building Tower to connect it to the Solar Rail network. When it is build and deployed all Tenno can now run missions there. In essence, they've built a solar toll-highway.

• All missions run there have taxes applied to them - resources and credits - this rate is set by the Clan who build the Tower.

• Competing clans can build their own tower (maybe in secret) to challenge the area. When this happens, the area is locked into Tower Sabotage mode (against Orokin defenders, not PvP) - the Clans (and all players they convince to help) chose a side and try to destroy the opposing Tower (like a player-driven Invasion).

• If a clan has built up Favor with a faction they can call them in - making their Tower more difficult to destroy as Grineer Elites are brought in to help.

• Political intrigue grows, towers are built in secret, counter-attacks sprung, and rousing pleas for support play out over days of bloody conflict.

Thanks for reading! I can't wait to share more surprises coming that go beyond these new systems. As it stands Focus is the furthest along right now, and I'm hoping a preliminary version rolls out shortly after U12.

This year we intend to annihilate expectations with Warframe. We're taking this foundation and rapidly growing into our ultimate game. A Space Ninja sim. An MMO-lite set atop of Science Fantasy. A player-driven looty-adventure sandbox. A rusty, bladed, cold-fusion, orbital Gamer-Joylaser... aimed directly at your head.

Thank you for supporting us!

Edited by Aggh

-snip-

Ah, yea I remember this. I appreciate you!

(Read: even toned, veiled hopeful tones)

I was hoping I would have my opinion changed, but I still think they are catching up to their success and internally battling with working out what endgame looks like. To me, all these look like pretty awesome additions to gameplay but not satisfying endgame. My body is ready to be wrong. I WANT to be wrong.

Edited by Hyperius

Thanks for reading! I can't wait to share more surprises coming that go beyond these new systems. As it stands Focus is the furthest along right now, and I'm hoping a preliminary version rolls out soon

That is closer to the truth.

Edited by CBAROG

So all in all, every single week, in the past 4, have been very, very disappointing for Warframe.  And it's really getting old.

A plea to DE, don't let this whole "postpone everything" become a habit.  You've had your reasons, legitimate 100%, but it's still very disappointing each time.  And it makes it harder to hate you guys, because i've loved this game for a very long time, and that your reasons for postponing are very, very good.  I just am getting tired of waiting for my Kubrows I guess.

So now that I've spewed my wine-fueled rant, I'd like to ask if I'm the only one that feels just a little disheartened by these issues.  The lack of a Tenno reinforcement this week.  The lack of it two weeks ago.  The lack of the promised lore 4 weeks ago.  The disappointing Dark Sectors.  Honestly, I have never felt worse about this game than the past month.  

So quit the game. Stop playing. I'm serious. It seems like you're no longer satisfied with the game and you're no longer having fun with it. If that's the case, why still play? A lot of these posts anymore just seem like little more than complaints created by disgruntled players. If you have that big of an issue with how things are done, just stop.

Not only that, but the RNG will always be there, as it's a F2P game -- RNG is how you keep people playing.

Nothing against you personally but I've seen other FTP games have the exact same forum posts as this one. People start loving the game, and then slowly begin to hate where its going simply because you've become too attached to what your used to.

Its nothing wrong its simply a psychological impossibility being that a majority of people don't like change when they finally get used to something they like.

Nothing against you personally but I've seen other FTP games have the exact same forum posts as this one. People start loving the game, and then slowly begin to hate where its going simply because you've become too attached to what your used to.

Its nothing wrong its simply a psychological impossibility being that a majority of people don't like change when they finally get used to something they like.

Alas, we are only human. So curious that our mind starts working against us.

Without sounding uncaring and such...I don't really care. I've played loads of games, the main ones lately being Warframe, League and Smite, with the occasional bout of Dark Souls in between, but DE does what they can. When I studied games design back in college, it gave me abit of appreciation for developers...I imagine no-one's more p****d off than the staff at DE for being unable to deliver on their promises...as for the Kubrow..I barely notice HELIOS as it is...i only really notice when its in my way or it killed that one Grinner Lancer 6 feet away from me, my ninjaspacellamadog novelty will likely wear off just as fast. I play this game for the awesome warframes, not the floaty/ walky things next to me

Ah, yea I remember this. I appreciate you!

(Read: even toned, veiled hopeful tones)

I was hoping I would have my opinion changed, but I still think they are catching up to their success and internally battling with working out what endgame looks like. To me, all these look like pretty awesome additions to gameplay but not satisfying endgame. My body is ready to be wrong. I WANT to be wrong.

As if anyone on these forums actually knows what end game actually is :|

DE is unreliable?

Oh, they are extremely reliable. They work as a cycle of : Promising new system > Release it in a half-baked state to satisfy hyped playerbase > It is not as good as expected > fix and change based on our collective 'feedback'. In a sense it is extremely reliable. You can be sure that the first iteration of whatever that got released must be broken somewhere and players usually find it within a few hours after release.   

We are also reliable Beta tester, finding bugs and giving feedback in an alarming rate. More efficient that any company's QA division.

Alright, I know that DE is better than the other Developers.  I said that.  What I'm saying is, they went from updates every week without fail, to sort of doing the SOON tm thing.  And that's what's bugging me.

The biggest thing I've been seeing from these responses, is that they really are working hard.  I understand that! Keep working! just have a few backup Tenno Reinforcements to throw our way when they need to work on other stuff.

DDos/attack/stability shouldn't be a reason to postpone.

I don't see graphics or sound design teams trying to solve it.

The whole u13 hype that  was shattered on release and even more when first dark sectors opened.

Now a week later - hoping for all the important changes and fixes to melee 2.0/Ds - we get nerfs and minor list of  barely important bugfixes.

Pages of suggestions for a week were ignored.

Weee, xp nerfs!  Just what we needed DE. Even less reason to participate in Dark Sectors!

Here's the main issue with Dark Sectors, and why you can't solve it with tax adjustments.

1) Rails are cheap and easy to deploy. Repairing is evidently much more expensive.

2) Clan Dojo's have little content, and you can't transfer material from clan vaults to players.

3) The only thing those taxes will be used for is making more rails.  There's nothing else for a clan to use them for.  So now, they can get their name up in lights for 24/48 hours (reducing rail health may help make this better) but that's about it.  So the dark sectors will continue to see perpetual deployments no matter what people set taxes/battlepay at because there's no reason not to.  There's no reason not to deploy on any darksector, because the rails are cheap and the repairs are costly, and it's effectively a billboard in space for your clan/alliance.  You can save credits from taxes for battlepay, but that's not going to stop people from deploying another rail immediately.

And in the meantime, reduced xp rewards mean less player desire to play DS content.  They already have to deal with the content being locked behind 'conflicts' too much, and now they don't even get much for rewards?

Players have offered lots of possible solutions, but this wasn't one of them.  And while I don't much care about paying 0% taxes of 15% taxes, I do care about not having to fuss with if I can play there or not, especially for a 10% xp boost to pistols or something.  The credit rewards are low, the mods aren't special, the mission rewards aren't better than the other content that's always available, and frankly infested, while easy, are boring enemies to fight.

It was great for ranking up melee weapons and trying out the new stances, but when that goes old, they'll be mostly empty again, and even if no one is running them, they'll stay contested, because what else is a clan supposed to do with it's credits/supplies?  They can't actually do anything else, except build the rare building, and really by the time they're building solar rails, their hall is finished (most likely).

Of course, you could keep tying the 'tenno reinforcements' to platinum or clan research.  I'm sure that doesn't irritate the clanless players.

My main issue with this game is the lack of progress. This game from since CB has been a grind fest and DE has said a number of times that they want to reduce grind, yet somehow managed to triple it since then. All of update 13 is behind a grind wall, this game, for me just doesn't have the spark for me to enjoy grinding anything and everything and nothing else to seriously want to get to good parts of the updates. I could certainly just buy hydroid and the new katana and just call it a day. However, that kinda kills the whole update. They just don't do enough to make grinding for these new things exciting and I heard the new boss is just another invincibility phase type boss (just what I heard, not sure if that's totally true). I guess I'm just waiting for DE to finally do something with this game to where they don't have to be so painfully obvious on how reliant they are on RNG. Get some lore in the game! Get creative with your game! Make this game exciting to play after two weeks of an update! I'm just having some doubts about DE's ability and feel like I'm waiting for something that's never gonna come. However, I'll wait anyway and see what they do.

This one sentence made me ignore everything else you wanted to say.

Yes, let's ignore stability and put out more content that people can't play because of lack of stability. Brilliant.

Wow, you are 25 years old and have no understanding of how connection stability is effected by this? I'll risk the warning point to call you on on this.

Here, let me google that for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+does+DDOS+affect+servers&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

the DDoS effects EVERYTHING with the server, even if you had a terminal DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO THE RACK it would be next to useless while that server is up. In order for them to actually fix everything at once for everyone, they would have to take it off of the grid for 24-72 hours.

Instead of depriving us of warframe for up to 3 full days, they hav ellected to attempt to do rolling fixes while the game is still running, so the people that seem uneffected by the issues can continue playing.

I don't see graphics or sound design teams trying to solve it.

People who code sound, and code animations and models, know NEXT TO NOTHING about how to code for connectivity and uptime. There is a reason the Writting team isnt the same as the animation team, which are both seperate for the coding team. ALL THREE USE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT KNOWLEDGE POOLS!

You cant hand someone who is used to making things with a Tablet in a GD program a book of C++ and expect him to troubleshoot connectivity issues. Not without the 2-4 years of training/experiance required to perform such a task.

The whole u13 hype that  was shattered on release and even more when first dark sectors opened.

Now a week later - hoping for all the important changes and fixes to melee 2.0/Ds - we get nerfs and minor list of  barely important bugfixes.

Its really hard to push out hotfixes, patches and balance issues if you cant even access your own Gorram server.

You should go take a month off of warframe, wait for the Hampster program to succeed and Server uptime to return to a nominal 90%. Then they will release the majority of the balancing we all are craving.

For now, be patient. ITing isnt an easy job when you arent running off of a call-center script.

Edited by ensignvidiot