Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things I Have Learned From Farming Tranquil Cleave

Z3ROWOLFHD

I don't consider it a 'World ending' issue. But I think DE could do a little better with them.

The biggest change I'd want to see in regards to their drops would be to give Tenno Spectre's the ability to drop the cadre of Rare Stances just to make Rail Sabotage a little less of a time waster on the personal gameplay level and open up a new avenue for farm to kinda spice things up.

So in the long run, nothing drastic. I don't think they ought to drop constantly - but I don't think many of them deserve the sort of rarity they have at the moment.

I'd have no problem with that, ran my first mission in the towers today and I was ill prepared for it.

It's a pretty fun mission though.

Stance mods are a cosmetic that offers the equivalent of two Forma.

Since it is cosmetic for the most part, having them fairly hard to get is no worry in my books.

Stances are in no way cosmetic. Asides from the obvious bonus mod points, some stances give single-target weapons the ability to hit multiple targets on normal swings. Finally, Crimson Dervish supposedly gives a passive damage bonus on the first three swings, around 300% last I heard. Some of the other stances may provide said damage bonuses when equipped as well.

So no, they aren't cosmetic.

I just spent 60p for mine.

And that was only a few days after U13 released. I felt it was a much more 'guarenteed' method of grinding to just carry on doing void missions and ODs and what have you, then just start selling the booty you aquired for platinum on the market.

Sooo I did that. Why bother grinding for weeks when I can earn enough platinum in like two days?

250px-DecisiveJudgementMod.png

Look guys, a new katanna stance! It's ...oh, its rare... and it drops only from conflicted Dark Sectors... and it only occasionally drops from Tenno Specters.

Have fun grinding, Tenno!

Tried to get that just now, not even a damn Dark Sector conflict.  I think all these clans are just trolling us.  Sure when you can't get anything cool from conflict missions they're conflicted all the damn time, but now that there is a rare mod involved they go out and make some big peace treaty.

*face palm*

it's been over 2 weeks since melee 2.0 hit.  since the drop, they've added additional stances, moved stances from bosses onto common and rare mobs, and added very rare stances to multiple mobs to increase their drops.  even having spent around 500k credits on transmutations (to make a bunch of marathons and thiefs wits) and on top of probably 60 total hours of play time and ~4 hours in the DS conflicts last night, i have yet to see any stance mod for a weapon i actually want to use.  no gleaming talon, no tranquil cleave or judgement, no whirlwind, no bleeding willow, no crimson dervish.  nada.  i quit using my nekros for the past 4 days because he was literally the ONLY frame i'd used for like 40 hours of play time... 

all my dreams are dead.

thank god summer is finally here...  time to go outside.

• 1 month later...

Now on top of lots of Tailwinds, I'm getting severe, this-is-a-Power-Point-Presntation lag on Cambria:

>Cannot use any powers

>Can barely use my Paris Prime

>Could not do Tethra because the update again caused this-is-a-PP-Pres lags on all Earth nodes

>What is the deal with updates and severe lag?

>Esp on the Earth nodes

>Have lots of stance mods, just nothing that goes with any weapon I've ever seen

>Fused 4 *stance mods* and got Stretch

>Wendell (Phobos) harder and no drop

>Someone will sell it to me for 50 plat

>Not sure I'm that desperate

>Did discover RNGesus and plan to develop a personal relationship with Him

>Did have Bleeding Willow, so built the Orthos Prime

>Bleeding Willow is the wrong polarity for the stance slot

>Seriously, they're making stances that, when you find them, don't match the slot for the one weapon you can make?

But it was worth it to find this thread! The animated gif and RNGesus and commiserating with friends who have had similar dismal experiences with transformation and farming have had me laughing myself silly!

I got my Tranquil Cleave when I accidentally clicked an Earth survival node instead of claiming my extractor.  Dropped after 4 minutes and then we all booked it in joy.  

250px-DecisiveJudgementMod.png

Look guys, a new katana stance! It's ...oh, its rare... and it drops only from conflicted Dark Sectors... and it only occasionally drops from Tenno Specters.

Have fun grinding, Tenno!

The drop rate on this isn't bad and you can desecrate the specters on top of that.  

Edited by RealPandemonium