Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attica + Thunderbolt =/= Not Possible?!

Retrosaur

If the Attica is a bow...

why can't Thunderbolt be equipped with it? I understand that generally, Thunderbolt is considered a waste of a mod slot, but the way I think it, an Attica paired with a Thunderbolt becomes a pseudo-Ogris, with a high rate of fire.

Shame I can't test it out, since the Attica can't be paired with a Thunderbolt, presumably because the Attica is considered a rifle, rather than a bow.

Crossbows use bolts/quarrels, not arrows. You can't stick a bunch of explosives on the sort of bolts that a repeating crossbow like the Attica fires.

But Thunderbolt arrows look exactly alike normal ones to me, where do they stick the explosives?

even if it did work it wouldn't be any good.

thunderbolt explosions dont scale with your elemental and base damage mods like the penta and ogris do.

also, with multishot you only have a 58% chance for the arrow to explode so that completely cancels out the extra fire rate.

Crossbows use bolts/quarrels, not arrows. You can't stick a bunch of explosives on the sort of bolts that a repeating crossbow like the Attica fires.

You could... I mean its the future. Who knows what tech is involved. An exploding crossbow bolt would be cool though.

I think it'd give the Attica the niche it deserves, to be honest. Realism be damned, we are magical space ninja who can become literally invulnerable, seal wounds instantly, and carry over 540 rockets simultaneously. If realism is the only thing standing in the way of getting an automatic explosive rifle, then realism is a hindrance.

how is Attica an repeating crossbow? an fire rate of 1.9 isn't fast enough.

it's a bare naked crossbow with no specification on what it wants to be.

Edited by low1991

I think it'd give the Attica the niche it deserves, to be honest. Realism be damned, we are magical space ninja who can become literally invulnerable, seal wounds instantly, and carry over 540 rockets simultaneously. If realism is the only thing standing in the way of getting an automatic explosive rifle, then realism is a hindrance.

^This - as it currently is, the Attica is just a very average MR 4 weapon that is easily outclassed by a lot of other primaries. Letting it use Thunderbolt would give players a reason to play around with it more as a fun weapon.

While this is a good point, I think technology would've advanced enough in several thousands of years from now to put miniaturized explosives on a crossbow bolt.

Most people are missing the point. The Attica as it is suffers the same problem as the Tetra. It's an awesome weapon. It looks cool, it sounds cool, it's just plain awesome. I'm talking "OMG, DOUBLE POTATO ALERT" awesome here. 

But then you look at the numbers and you go "Wut. The new awesome shiny gun of shinyawesomeness... is the totally crummy gun when compared to anything with a Prime in it's name?" And that sucks. Really sucks. Because the Attica is all sorts of detailed in the model and everything, and there's some dev at DE that's just realizing his hard work is going to be all of five minutes of shiny, then get tossed off on the pile of other useless guns like the Tetra. 

Giving the Attica the thunderbolt might just make it stand out a little bit more in it's usefulness. Make it less of a throwaway weapon.

No, it is a crossbow and an automatic gun. With that logic, Boltor might as well also get that mod since it also shoots similar projectiles. But the main point is that it is a Tier 4 weapon, and a good one albeit highly situational one. It does incredibly well for Tier 4 weapon thus it does not need more power or they might as well increase the requirements for that weapon while at it.

The Attica is terrible.  It needs something.  I'm sure it is okay potato'd but I can't bring myself to waste one on it.

Slow fire rate, super slow reload, slow projectile, accuracy seems off (could be bug or lag or crappy FPS since U13).  8 more levels and I'm probably selling it.

Back when bows did significantly (not really) lower damage, some people used Thunderbolt to increase its damage efficiency over ammo ratio. Now that bows got buffed up, we got access other mods that increases its efficiency way better than the capped Thunderbolt, I would just say 'Leave the dying to die in peace'. If you want a arcing projectile weapon with explosions, just use the Penta. Many pointed it out to me when i started inquiring about the Attica that 'the new crossbow weapon is more or less a non-hitscan latron, with low clipsize and quite a bit of damage to compensate for it'.

Furthermore, if you going to just ask for Thunderbolt on Attica, people will also start asking for it on Ballista, then say 'screw this, we want explosive throwing secondaries mod too!' and request for it to be made available for, or the creation of a secondary counterpart, exclusively to hikou, kunai and despair. And that would eventualy end up with people asking for it on kestrel, glaive and glaive prime just for the heck of it.

Edited by koorinosekai