The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Appearance

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

Supposedly, Valkyr is a failed Zanuka, meaning, she is made up of butchered body-parts of other Tenno. What was Valkyr before Alad V messed with her? A pile of Tenno corpses.

Not exactly. Zanuka's parts were made from warframes, not actual Tenno. It's been established that Tenno and Warframes are two totally separate things, though they rely on each other in a kind of symbiotic relationship.

There's a concept picture roaming about on the forums showing an "x-ray"'d Zanuka, exposing what could be a limbless body within. Now this is just conceptual - not actually official nor was it even from DE (that I know of), but with all the lore surrounding Zanuka, Alad V, the Alad V trailer, and the Corpus' ingenious-yet-depraved technology, I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

Anyway, I think Valkyr was slated to be the "mainframe" for Zanuka, but was able to escape before they could fully transform her mind. She was probably the first prototype, and thus they did most of the experimentation on her. Eventually she figured out a way to escape, and did so.

Of course, this is all speculation. DE loves being mysterious.

Personally I just want some more detail around the bolts of her restraints. Right now they just look like they're clipping through her arm rather than being bolted in.

I agree. They look like they're stabbed right into her arms... guh.

I also agree with just removing them and adding them to her "syandana". Really I'd rather not even have them on her. They fit with her lore, but if I wanted her lore to be shown I'd buy her syandana.

Don't touch my valkyr, the only thing they need to fix is the primary coloring to match what we choose so it's not always some Grey texture interfering with the color scheme.

I love Valkyr, I love the idea she use to be a different frame of beauty who was captured, violated, and physically stripped down. Her tormentors broke her, leaving only a nonexistent mind left, only animal instinct and rage. Her physical form matches her current state of being, her armor stripped down to show the insides of the frame such as the robotic face and muscle like pieces.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

If Valkyr went back to the way she was before she wouldn't be Valkyr. From what I've understood each time this has been brought up.

Believe she was a 'flower frame' before. Completely different to what she is currently.

Valkyr is the "cyborg"-warframe ("we are the borg..."  ) under all the tennos which wear them as "suits".

Im looking forwar to a DEX Valkyr, cause Valkyr is 'developed' by Corpus.

And a Prime Valkyr with golden nuts&bolts? ugly!   (Saryn Prime oh yes...but not Valkyr)

DEX Valkyr could be a nightmare frame too (optainable only through nightmare) and be touched by the infested.

well that would also give more possibitlities for different skills. I not like the actual hysteria, i hate the animation, the shiny iron skin glow, even the skill itself is a fail.

Was thinking longer about a nigthmare bloodmagic/melee warframe to be nice, hard to master but rewarding ;-)

i'd really like those Restraints actually be like, mounted to Valkyr, instead of some Meshes that are clipping through her arms. 

that clipping really puts me off.

thats true, now it looks like more "bugged" than a restraint. Special in the lower arms muscles.

Supposedly, Valkyr is a failed Zanuka, meaning, she is made up of butchered body-parts of other Tenno. What was Valkyr before Alad V messed with her? A pile of Tenno corpses.

Why do so many people think that Valkyr was supposed to be become a Zanuka? As in being transformed into one, not having her body parts used for it.

Have you guys not seen the Alad V trailer? Zanukas are made by tearing Warframes with Tennos still inside appart and then using the slized up body parts to power a Zanuka.

They are using dismembered parts of Warframes/Tenno for Zanukas. Not transforming Tenno/Warframe into Zanukas.

Valkyr is the the result of Corpus taking a fully functional Warframe (who was functionaly and appearance wise different from the current version) with Tenno still inside from cryo sleep and peeling off bit by bit to find out what makes a Warframe work.

Somehow that one Valkyr managed to escape, with her powers changed by the heavy damage. Her powers are totaly unrelated to Zanuka. They are just the result of the Corpus damaging the Warframe and Tenno enough.

There should be an option to remove valkyr's restraints. Also, it's be cool if we can see what valkyr looked like before she got hurt by alad V.

Agreed. We don't know if Warframes represent classes of body armor with individual Tenno inside or if they are one of a kind characters who just for gameplay sake happen to appear multiple times at once.

However in both cases it makes no sense that the Tenno would send a badly damaged Warframe into battle without ANY repairs, even if said damage gives her unique new abilities.

If Valkyr is a unique individuum, why leave her broken like this, including bolts through her real arms inside the Warframe? If it's a class of exo-suits as this very website describes Warframes, why force the other Tenno using the new design to have bolts through their freaking arms?

The current look only works for a single indivual in a specific scenario were she escapes Corpus captivity. However for the game as it is, it makes no sense because there is no such story mission.

As a specific exo-suit it would make more sense for the Tenno to fix up the damage (exposed back, arm restraints, half armored helmet) and remove the restraints (arms and neck).

All she needs is a new skin with the arm restraints replaced byTenno style wrist gaurds, a more fixed up helmet (ala the "cat helmet") and maybe the back bandaged up.

The only problem is that the art team has told us in a livestream (in regard to Banshee's weird shoes) that they won't revisit Warframe designs ever. So i'm pretty sure they see Valkyr as logical and design wise sound and not in need for some logical changes, despite her design being illogical for both scenarios.

Though it's not like a lot of players care about the design issues either.

Edited by Othergrunty

Valkyr is the "cyborg"-warframe ("we are the borg..."  ) under all the tennos which wear them as "suits".

Im looking forwar to a DEX Valkyr, cause Valkyr is 'developed' by Corpus.

And a Prime Valkyr with golden nuts&bolts? ugly!   (Saryn Prime oh yes...but not Valkyr)

DEX Valkyr could be a nightmare frame too (optainable only through nightmare) and be touched by the infested.

well that would also give more possibitlities for different skills. I not like the actual hysteria, i hate the animation, the shiny iron skin glow, even the skill itself is a fail.

Was thinking longer about a nigthmare bloodmagic/melee warframe to be nice, hard to master but rewarding ;-)

Valkyr is a warframe. Just like Excalibur or Nyx or any other. She was NOT created by salad V. She was CAPTURED while she was in cryo-sleep. Salad V then went to town on her to see what makes Tenno tick. She was NOT created by him, she is NOT a Frankeinsten monster frame, she is NOT a (cy)borg.

I'd like to see what she looked like before though. But then again, her abilities reflect the torture and experiments she went through, so DE would have to completely change her kit, wouldn't they?^^'

I'm not sure I'd like a "Dex" Valkyr, it wouldn't make much sense to me. "Dex" is new, a special Lotus callsign probably only for weapons (?). DE would have to create the lore to explain the "Dex" frame thing. But a Prime Valkyr would look weird indeed, especially if they use the same gold finish they used for the others.

Valkyr actually likes those restraints and she will be mad if you try to take them off.

Ok, joking aside. It's a part of the lore and that's what makes her unique. But consider someone may not like that, it would be nice to have an "original Valkyr body skin".

Edited by yles9056

could make it where valkyr prime could look like how she did before alad v got to her.

Except her powers would not be the same as her current state. Would be best to just invent a new frame with valkyr being called "a new term" valkyr, like the primes, wraith, dex, and vandal series.