Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunting Hitches

[DE]Glen

^ thats ur problem

My videocard broke while transporting my computer 2000 miles, so I am on HD 4000 now, and after 13.2 I can run the game at mostly high. 13.2 also introduced every single portal being skybox for about a tenth of a second though.

Edited by egregiousRac

since we're talking about odd performance issues - what of 'the issue' where the Hosts' performance will suddenly drop from whatever framerate it was(i've known this to happen equally to people capped at 60 area, running 120, or 200FPS), to a horrible <two digit number for a few seconds, and then return to normal?

quite odd. sometimes i notice a corpse being turned into meat pasta(not always though, so idunno if this is the main cause or if there's multiple), so perhaps it's collisions related. if so, can we uh... put a dampener on those forces so corpses don't like, fill an entire room at once? obviously they aren't supposed to.

i know, this isn't exactly the main focus of this thread, but it fits most of the variables, of the framerate being garbage for a short time, then returning to normal, and not occurring very often.

^ thats ur problem

Its not that bad..i have to make due with what i have right now but i do want to get an nvidia card down the road and switch to an ssd and maybe get an i5 cpu card but i know for a fact the vid card isnt causing my hitches.

as we are speaking of performance, i  would like to note that activating 64-bit mode reduces my FPS, at least on my PC.

is this suppoused to happen? if it does, what benefits does activating 64-bit mode bring?

Edited by lautalocos

This hitch happens everywhere for me. Even on main menu (the one where you are kneeling and overseeing the universe), party screen (the one where you click a node or using a key, and invite your friend). But it happens more often in mission.

Well I find performance problems when using the Extractors. Deploying, returning and claiming all take forever when they didn't before.

That is a connection issue, which I think is caused at least in part by the measures they had to put in place after the last few bouts with DDoS's.

This is probably exactly the same problem as opening a door because if you turn too fast we might not get occlusion-query results in time to know that areas are blocked off -- in effect we have to assume that objects are visible that might otherwise be correctly occluded and end up uploading a bunch of shaders earlier than we might have liked.

I'm glad to finally have an explanation to what is causing it, even though I don't understand a word of that.

I tried to reproduce these hitches with my system. I would say the average fps I experience is 140-180 with the highs into 220-260 and lows around 100-110. I have experienced a few occurrences of the game hitching tonight in the void. I tested with the default settings in the NVIDIA control panel, I noticed a few hitches during game play in tower III capture. I then tested with my preferred settings in the NVIDIA control panel in the same mission type with no noticeable hitching.

I also noticed at doorways or the entrance of a new tile, I see a solid colored space until I pass through into the new tile. 

The custom settings are:

FXAA - On

Antialiasing Mode - Enhance the applications settings

Antialiasing Setting - 32X CSAA

Antialiasing Transparency - 8x (Supersample)

Texture Filtering - High Quality

Threaded Optimization - On

I'm using the latest beta driver from NVIDIA that has the directX optimizations. 

Here is my system

i7 2700k @ 4.6 Ghz

GTX 780 @ 1202 core clock

16 GB Patriot Viper 3 @ 10-9-10-27 timings

Samsung 250 GB 840 SSD Boot/Game drive

Edited by Mythblaze

I tried to reproduce these hitches with my system. I would say the average fps I experience is 140-180 with the highs into 220-260 and lows around 100-110. I have experienced a few occurrences of the game hitching tonight in the void. I tested with the default settings in the NVIDIA control panel, I noticed a few hitches during game play in tower III capture. I then tested with my preferred settings in the NVIDIA control panel in the same mission type with no noticeable hitching.

I also noticed at doorways or the entrance of a new tile, I see a solid colored space until I pass through into the new tile. 

The custom settings are:

FXAA - On

Antialiasing Mode - Enhance the applications settings

Antialiasing Setting - 32X CSAA

Antialiasing Transparency - 8x (Supersample)

Texture Filtering - High Quality

Threaded Optimization - On

I'm using the latest beta driver from NVIDIA that has the directX optimizations. 

Here is my system

i7 2700k @ 4.6 Ghz

GTX 780 @ 1202 core clock

16 GB Patriot Viper 3 @ 10-9-10-27 timings

Samsung 250 GB 840 SSD Boot/Game drive

Oh my... what a nice build ya got there.

yeh you would run this game flawlessly, but I run it without any problems as well...

And yeh Intel GPU's suck, you cant get anyworse (unless you have a GPU stuck in a ISA slock... *shutters*)

Well, I read through your OP and found it to be very liberating, to say the least.

I just want to provide you with two screenshots to share with you, that shows two very different frame rates. The whole time I was doing nothing different whatsoever, so I honestly cannot say what caused these massive jumps and dives. This took place on Gabii, Ceres, I think.

Anywho, here's my normal FPS:

VCog5Yv.jpg

This was at least fluid. Not too bad, to be quite honest. The game, quite obviously, does not look it's best, but if my FPS was at this level, and was consistent, I'd be able to run the game like this no problem. However, this likes to happen very frequently...

M6gvMJq.jpg

I'd say this was a start, stumble, stop scenario, but it was more of a stumble, stumble, stumble, stop. As previously mentioned, I noticed nothing that caused this, but it was dipping this low a lot.

Here is a link to my computer's specifications. It is less than ideal for running games, but I feel I should tell you that I can run other intensive games like Aion, for example, at very decent graphical settings with no performance issues whatsoever.

lnxp879.jpg

Above is a screenshot of what I have my display settings set to. Once upon a time, I could run Warframe at max settings with a very nice FPS. Performance, for me at least, deteriorated around U11, along with my interest in playing. This is a real issue, and I wish you guys luck fixing it. If you have any questions for me, let me know; I will answer them as best I can.

I have noticed less hitches over the past few days, it used to plague me everytime i went into the void and a few times here and there in regular missions but i haven't been having any in regular missions (i will check the void by running some missions later on tonight). 

Also, can i just say that this whole thread is so freaking cool! I know not one other dev group that would even consider interacting with the community like you guys at DE do, Kudos ladies and gentlemen, kudos.

I'm not following this topic very well but, from my own experiences I know that the world of internet users can be divided into two groups:

The ones that have been hacked and the ones that doesn't know about it.

Taking that into concideration many issues that the players experience can be increased by the fact that their computers can be infected with loads of (in lack of beter words "Bad Things") designed to manipulate both software and hardware. Many people who claims to have major "hitches" can therefore have malfunctioning systems and because of that it can be hard for developers to recreate their problems. So if you would try this on a new/restored machine you would not have that much problems.

I'm posting this because one of the first things to do when you're having trouble with your game preformance is to check:

How old is your Computer? (the older your computer is, the higher is the probability that it has been infected by "Bad Things")

Do you have the right system requirements for the program you are trying to run?

Do you have any type of programs/processes/services running in the background?

When was the last time you scanned it for viruses, spyware etc.?

When was the last time you made a full system reset?

When was the last time you cleaned your computer? (inside and vents)

(I'm probably missing something here but that was what I could come up with atm.)

If all of that looks fine. contact the game developers/customer support and they will see if it was their program that was malfunctioning.

Most of the issues that you experience while playing any online game can also turn out to be problems with your internet connection.

Edited by aw3ren3ss

I haven't had any hitches (sudden onset of extreme low fps for a few seconds) since I updated my motherboard chipset driver (Nvidia nForce 980a SLI), which I forgot to do after upgrading to Windows 7, two years go. 

It's a Motherboard that has an integrated Coprocessor.  I don't know if that's just some short-lived design trend (Nvidia stopped making motherboards) or if it's common to most current boards, but apparently that was the problem for me, well I mean, not having an updated driver for the board.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Whoah,was fasicanted to find such thread so i jsut had to reply- having simmilar sort of hitches in most games i play..anything i try doing isn't working, im 100% sure my drivers are updated and my computer isnt that bad so it should handle older games or newer games ofn lower settings easily,unfortunately it doesnt, i get lagg spikes quite frequently,

Also my fps drops to the unplayable rate when in action,well ye know,usually on all medium settings in warframe(shadows on low and character shadows,most effects turned off) i get like 150-200 fps on main screen,~120-200 fps when playing but in intense places for example if in team fighting a swarm of mobs.. my fps goes to like.. mere 30 and it sutters quite a bit,sometimes i even face desync,but i guess each online game has that..

I just wanna ask for help.. why most of players can play many games and enjoy and i cannot? for last 10 years i've been surprisingly unlucky with computers..always like that,this is like my..6th one and im from poor country so ye.know.. had to invest all i had to get it going,but it doesnt damn it...

Which directx version should i pick,what settings to choose?what to turn off? usualyl in all games even very very low tech requirement ones i always turn shadows ofcourse,ye i dislike shadows,not sure if its worth it to turn em off?

my computer specs:

I3-2100 dual core 3.1GHz

GTX 750 Ti 2GB

8GB 2133MHz frequency RAM

600W PSU

HDD/SSD doesnt matter i guess, it only affects loading times,right?

my motherboard was bought in 2011,does buying new one improves performance.. ? dont know much..or anytihng about em.

Well thats about it,if anyone got any suggestions how to get atleast 50-60FPS in intense places across most games,I'd be very grateful to hear em out,ain't wanna be the only one forever cursed for unable to play even the most simple of games (why yes MW3 stutters and laggs quite a bit,one of reasons i dont play it anymore),mind in i never launch more than 1 program or game at once,anything non vital is blocked from starting in startup or running in background,I was using windows aero but windows keeps spamming my computer performance is slow,changed to basic,but it didnt stopped even though i was repeatedly typing i dont wanna see that message again.. i never keep my computer crowded its always empty/almost empty,if i have more than 5 games/programs in computer, i always delete one or two.

I do not like the game being blamed for a hitch that can very well be on the user-side of the spectrum. As long as we do not have footage of such "hitches" backed up with some data to show that a high percentage of those hitches share certain similarities; I feel we are just probing in the dark.

Graphics dependent hitches vs. network dependent hitches have been mentioned, and I am sure there are a couple of others.

With the high amount of laptop computers used for WARFRAME maybe a check on Energy Saving Plan / Heat build-up and resulting step down of processors/GPU was in order. Network spikes, ISP troubles, old drivers need to be deconflicted and taken out of the equation before i can see valid interpretation.

Once that data was established we can then go and determine the process that causes this to happen. Monitoring tools for CPU/GPU/network load could help identify the culprit along with a tool to monitor how often a certain process is called.

If all else fails: implementing a panic button for the keyboard to be pressed when something goes wrong and a recording function to keep track of pre-defined processes during the last 30 seconds or so will surely bombard us with enough logs to last a lifetime.

Add to in the clan from the Treasury from the personal account, it was possible to take loans is not enough of it.

(Добавьте чтобы в клане из казны с личного счёта можно было забирать кредиты очень не хватает.)

The problems I've been hitting definitely amount to more than hitches, though it's obvious a lot of work is being put into replicating the problem on the developer end. It is no exaggeration to say that my game runs a solid 60 FPS (vsync'd) barring the occasional slowdowns when some serious particle-based poo hits the fan. The recent issues have been, seemingly, unprovoked bouts of FPS plummeting into the teens and staying that way for a number of seconds, not a momentary thing. Then pleasantly resuming a perfect 60 FPS as soon as the fit is over, again, seemingly irrespective to circumstances in the game.

Specs are

Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 570M (1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM)

750GB hard drive (7200 RPM) + 250GB SSD

16GB DDR3 RAM

It's a laptop and I'd prefer no uninformed commentary about how laptops aren't made for gaming. I've logged over 400 hours on Warframe alone with absolutely not a single performance-related issue until this recent problem cropped up. I'm sure if there was an issue in hardware inadequacy, it might have been a thing before now. In game graphics settings don't seem to make much a difference either.

Edited by DeadlyFred