Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Warframe Ever Have Actual Dual ''swords'' ?

sneakatone

I mean like two handed full size swords not a sword and dagger. I can see why they dont do that because of the holstering maybe . But theres probably a way to bypass that, like both swords on one side or on the hips.

two handed mean one standard sized swords in each hands like in assassins creed, skyrim, etc. 

heres an example to avoid confiusion:

http://www.academyofkungfu.com/double__broadsword_squatting.JPG

P.S. thats not me i found it randomly.

Edited by sneakatone

Seems like it will take a while for that, since they will also need to make new stances and animations that are completely different from the current dual blades stances.

Read the OP and title wrong. Seems it was only about the weapon itself, not moves and stances.

Arent dual heat swords both swords now?

Yeah I think they are, which looks awkward because of how the Tenno uses the "dagger hand."

Edited by Casardis

I mean like two handed full size swords not a sword and dagger. I can see why they dont do that because of the holstering maybe . But theres probably a way to bypass that, like both swords on one side or on the hips.

2 two handed swords, or Two 1 handed swords?

Dual Heat Swords was recently changed to being 2x Heat Swords rather than 1x Heat Sword and 1x Heat Dagger.

Looks pretty awkward, since the 2nd Sword is sheathed in exactly the same place as the dagger was, meaning it looks too far to the left (Way too much of the blade hanging to the side with no adequate counterbalance) and the blade is long enough that most secondaries will have your left arm clip through the blade when walking and standing.

Archistopheles, on 07 May 2014 - 3:58 PM, said:

There's your problem, then. You're stuck in World of Warcraft/Anime land.

Two-handed swords are meant to be held with... wait for it.... Two hands.

Yup, 2 hands indeed.

j832xh.jpg

Edited by __Kanade__

There's your problem, then. You're stuck in World of Warcraft/Anime land.

Two-handed swords are meant to be held with... wait for it.... Two hands.

oh S#&$ sorry lol, I didnt read clearly two one handed standard sized swords swords, 

two oversized swords just wouldnt make sense

Edited by sneakatone

Okay, lets get this clear. You don't mean two-handed swords, a two-handed sword is something completely different than what you're thinking (see Zweihander). What you mean is longswords, which can have a hilt long enough for two-hand.

Furthermore, don't use pictures of katana as an example of two-handed swords. Katana are sabers with long hilts. There are even a number of fighting styles and technique that utilize the katana one-handed. Katana only weight about 1.5 pounds, so they're not really the heavy 4 pound swords that is the two-handed.

That aside, it would be nice if we could have hook swords, or twin Chinese straight swords (jian).

Okay, lets get this clear. You don't mean two-handed swords, a two-handed sword is something completely different than what you're thinking (see Zweihander). What you mean is longswords, which can have a hilt long enough for two-hand.

Furthermore, don't use pictures of katana as an example of two-handed swords. Katana are sabers with long hilts. There are even a number of fighting styles and technique that utilize the katana one-handed. Katana only weight about 1.5 pounds, so they're not really the heavy 4 pound swords that is the two-handed.

That aside, it would be nice if we could have hook swords, or twin Chinese straight swords (jian).

I would like to see more shaolin weapons and stances in the game.

In fairness katanas only weigh a few pounds and are designed with the capacity to be used with one hand. If Hayabusa there were wielding 2 Claymores one handed than I would be impressed.

katanas i guess are okay, there are also the shorter versions, (wakashi or something)

I would like to see more shaolin weapons and stances in the game.

MONK SPADE!

In fairness katanas only weigh a few pounds and are designed with the capacity to be used with one hand. If Hayabusa there were wielding 2 Claymores one handed than I would be impressed.

I presume you mean for a prolonged amount of time. 4-6 pounds isn't that heavy, though his arms would probably tire after a few minutes of fighting.

katanas i guess are okay, there are also the shorter versions, (wakashi or something)

Wakizashi. It's pretty much a short saber.

Katanas were made to cut lamellar armor. Zweihanders are more blunt and were made to cut plate armor. 

Katanas can be used with one or two hands. Zweihanders are too much heavy to be used with one hand. Some even have a blunt extension after the hilt to be held like a pike. 

Katanas have a more sharp edge, so they cut more onto flesh than a Zweihander. These in turn have more impact to be able to smash the body protected by a plate armor.