Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Can one change to Shuriken be that at least one of the projectiles follows the crosshair rather than auto-targeting? One of the things I hated when it was changed long ago was that when I was trying to use the power to take out a heavy gunner so I could more safely take on the lancers around her, every throw of my shuriken would only hit the little guys and never hit the heavy, even though I was aiming directly at her.

Perhaps make it so that when the crosshair is sitting on an enemy, that one of them will go directly to that enemy; otherwise, if the crosshair isn't pointed to anything, the shuriken act as normal and auto-target the nearest enemy to where the aim is.

The new spell blessing is interesting but the time to cast is so long, your team have the time to die 5 times.

A spell on ON/OFF is the best idea for Nyx/banshee and banshee need a damage buff, she have "eat" 2 nerf for the damage (low damage, - damage and - damage again)

How about Blessing giving a security additional HP bar (kinda like Iron Skin) depending on how much it restored ? 

I mean, if it heals 200 on one teammate, 100 on another, and 350 on another, and 20 on me (becuz I'm good), it grants a 670 hp protection to everybody. 

So that it remains something we can't abuse, and everybody in the team is happy even if not everyone needed to be healed. 

New blessing sounds horrible - cast it to save one player like normal, and then they become the only player with buff, while the rest of the team is not only unbuffed, but Trinity is blocked from being able to help if another player is about to die until the duration ends.

MAYBE this would work if the power-in-use lock is removed, and a recast of Blessing can recalculate the buff on players - old effect is removed and instantly replaced by a new effect calculated on their current health at this new cast. The player at the low health level that prompted the second cast of Blessing will have their buff, while any previously-buffed players will have their high buff removed since they're no longer as hurt at the time of the new cast.

That way, Blessing is unrestricted in being able to heal any player that needs it, when they need it, the re-application of the effect will help balance having one teammate buffed for too long unless the Trinity decides to sacrifice the rest of her team in order to keep that duration up. Also, a Trinity that repeatedly has to cast Blessing every time a teammate needs it, especially on Grineer survival when everything is naplam, will need a massive energy source in order to keep up with the cost, and so will have to actively stay in the combat zone to catch every last orb.

A duration-locked Trinity would be more like "Well I healed Fred a little while ago, but now Bill is down. Oh, well. I guess Fred will revive you, Bill, since I don't have any buff. I'm the healer, so I'll stay way back here out of danger." Or "Since the buff can be only reliably be applied to one player at a time, unless we're 'lucky' and two players are near-death at the same time, I won't heal my teammates, so I'll always be able to keep myself alive."

trin was a support frame, that is what you had her labeled as, now you would have better luck with nekros and Oberon as a support because they spawn health orbs and Nekros has his army, but even then their not support, and now trin will be almost useless in late game due to the fact you cant have that few seconds of invulnerability to recompose yourself.

Even in high levels +50 you get 2-3 heavy gunners on you your going down before blessing is cast even with natural talent. also with this rework your rewarding people that run off and get swarmed rather than the teamwork, i don't know how many times I've saved randoms cause they run off on their own and almost die, and when i do let them die the complain. giving them i higher damage reduction will just make more Rambo Tenno just so they can tank more damage instead of sticking together.

a better idea would of been to add permanent 2 room range, so the room your in and the first room out of every exit from your room, and maybe reduce the duration by 25%. this would of meant people would need to work together in higher levels instead of running off on their own and still given players that re composure time for those that don't blessing spam.

also i cant remember how many friends/ new players I've helped with trin, as they still try to learn the game, some of them ask me not to use blessing, others don't, then rest couldn't care if i do or don't, why call her a support frame if she will now do it so poorly

Edited by Clats01

Ash's Bladestorm 

Instead of having him killing the enemies he first targeted like he does now, make the ability like the following:

Ash creates those clones, the clones attack all enemies in range in the same way Ash does now, but they keep attacking all new enemies that enter that range until we either stop the ability ( Like we will be able to stop Nyx's absorb ) or if we don't stop, he'll keep attacking enemies until there's no more energy left, though every enemy hit costs 10 energy.

Вместо того чтобы провести балансировку бесполезных способностей которые составляют около 60% всех способностей в игре, они нерфают единственно полезные, игра вообще становится все хуже и хуже, для игроков которые уже наиграли 500 и более часов Варфрейм уже не интересен а каждое новое обновление такого плана только отталкивает от себя 

- Finisher damage, from what I remember, is somewhat like stealth attacks... waaay weaker than regular melee while invisible.  Unless finisher damage has been tweaked considerably, this sounds like a nerf to teleport.

This.

Well, there goes 'easy mode' Trinity now. It was lovely beating down the Ambulas with melee weapons when everyone had 100% invincibility...

Now only memories. -sigh-

To the main point though. The new Blessing? Hate it. The old Blessing, while considered to be over-powered, was the only redeeming feature that Trinity had as a support frame. Her other abilities are useful, but in the middle of combat where you have level 50's coming at you from all sides, you are going to need more than a Well of Life or Energy Vampire. Blessing would get us out of there. Not anymore, I guess.

I think a better idea for Trinity's Blessing would be that when used, it's invincibility duration would be affected by how much was healed, rather than the percentage of immunity you get. If you are getting swarmed by a large group, you are going to need a longer time for that invincibility in order to either kill them all or get the hell out of there. And if you are good enough where you are not hurt at all, you will get a tiny duration on your invincibility, because there is no danger to you.

The main reason why I say that it should be duration-based and not immunity-percentage-based is simple really. You are bad at the game, very reckless, or are getting pummeled from a lot of enemies, having a buff that reduces the damage on you is not going to be very helpful because they can still damage you, and you will still probably get downed irregardless. Therefore, it would be better to make it so the duration is affected, and not the percentage. 

As an extra idea, it could also go along the lines that you are healed slowly, but you are invincible as long as you are being healed. Those that don't have much damage don't have a long invincibility duration, but those that are in critical condition will be invincible until they are fully healed. Just another idea.

Edited by Nick-ka-ka

How about Blessing giving a security additional HP bar (kinda like Iron Skin) depending on how much it restored ? 

I mean, if it heals 200 on one teammate, 100 on another, and 350 on another, and 20 on me (becuz I'm good), it grants a 670 hp protection to everybody. 

So that it remains something we can't abuse, and everybody in the team is happy even if not everyone needed to be healed. 

This would make it more useless than it will be, at least for late game (Lv 100+) where they take a Valkyr with Vitality+Iron Skin+Life Strike in less than few seconds if you make a false step. Your change will only make it worse.

-

With this new upcoming change you will choose any other frame over a Trinity for it because they're more useful or they have better movility/survivability. Actually, for those who aim to do high level content because you can save some keys keeping yourself in the same mission, there's no point in bring a Trinity with yours anymore. Also you cannot self-proclaim this a fix to take... challenges? This is how some call it, because there's no point in achieving anything when you're one hit killed/incapped. Actually would be more easy that if you want challenges, not bringing a Trinity with yours. High level enemies need a revamp so hard.

So, at the very least I hope that you considered the ability to 'overcast' it, as in, there will be a timer, but you can - Snowglobe, Bastille or Vortex style - recast it prematurely.

This is pretty much all Blessing needs.  If it works this way, it's a great change to the ability.

Edited by LazarusDark

Alternative solutions to Trinity:

Link issue:

Make the Penta and Orgris bypass warframe abilities (dispel) and kill you.

OR

Take away friendly fire from Penta or Orgris (or anything else used to abuse Link).

This would stop the link spam.  Also do something about standing in front of lasers and distributing damage (lasers will dispel ability as well).

Blessing:

Reduce timer of invincibility.  Fully modded, 28 sec is too long.  Make it 10 or 15 sec. fully modded or just flat 10-15 sec (not upgradeable).

OR/AND

Blessing only heals, not recharges shields.

I’ve only played for 130 hours (PS4), but I felt I could contribute to this post.  Also I skimmed the 26+ pages so if this was covered, my apologies.

ppl will stop using blessing and switch to Link 75% damage reduction til HP drops to 2 Health (Quick Thinking) then cast New Blessing -> 99% Damage reduction and ofc dead team mates 

trin will go from most kind and helpful frame to most selfish and hated frame overnight

this was co-op and friendly game and now with Solar Rail conflicts and forced tax "harassment" i feel a lot of hostility among the players... (why not just give controlling alliance bonus credits without taking it away from players?)

DE why are u implementing changes that will make players hate each other?

Its sad but true :(

it would be nice to hear from rebecca or megan or anyone from DE about their thoughts now that they have read through above 400 replies on this topic. Please DE. share your thoughts and tell why you changed a totally support frame to almost useless frame. Her ultimate ability doesn't feel like a ultimate anymore. Its like i am wasting 100 energy for healing 1 guy and then i have wait certain seconds before i can cast it for some other guy. while almost every other warframe has a ultimate affecting a group of enemies.

Edited by (PS4)jenax002

I think you pretty much just killed the last of the Trinitys unless someone feels like playing an energy mule. The ability to provide invulnerability was pretty much the only thing I ever see her as being noted as useful for. As usual, your "balancing" logic perplexes me.

Edited by DeadlyFred

Locking temporarily for follow up and information.

1) Ash's clones will just visual for the duration of the power, not behaving like Specters.

2) There have been the following changes to Trinity's Blessing rework:

- Blessing:  On cast, Blessing restores all shields and health. Damage reduction for the duration of the skill is now based on the greatest percentage of health healed (i.e: if you have a squad with members whose health you healed 30%, 40% and 90%, all party members will receive Damage reduction at the greatest percent, 90% in this case). 

- Reduced the time it takes for Trinity's Blessing animation to play.

3) Nova will not be adjusted today, but we will have more concise information that will come in a post, ideally this week. The delay has been due to development time, sorry!

Please note that Ash's changes were partially integrated today on PC:

Ash:

Shuriken now has forced bleed proc.

Bladestorm now has forced bleed proc.

Teleport now leaves enemy in finisher state.

Further clone changes to Bladestorm will follow in a future update.