[DE]Rebecca

Warframe Ability Changes

RIP Trinity.

Terrible balancing is terrible: 

-EV trin with max blindrage + intesify + fleeting + banshee soundquake => infinite cc. 

-EV needs a serious nerf... instead of a buff... getting 200+ energy every 4 sec is ridicilous.

• Upvote 8

Are ash's clones similar to specters? WIll they stay for a few seconds and melee stuff, or are they there just to speed up blade storm?

I will answer this with certainty tomorrow when I hear back, good question.

• Upvote 49

That Energy Vampire sounds like a much needed improvement, and will go perfectly with Banshee and Nyx's toggle-able powers, I feel.

Permanent Sound Quake on Defense, permanent CC.

• Upvote 5

I need to get Ash now. Great, I don't even have much space left. XD

Awesome ash rework De

But one thing DERebecca !

But  what about psychic bolts ? D: That was the skill that needed the most change !  Well it needs to be improved somehow, it's kind of worthless. Why does it remain untouched?

Psychic bolts , aren't worth  the mod slot. they just deal pitful damage and miss  A LOT.  You can't really aim with them , they just scatter like leaves in the wind. ANd then only a few manage to hit your targets....For really poor damage ,

it's a waste of energy , Please DE Either make it stronger or replace it  by somethign else

Edited by Deidaku
  • Upvote 47

I don't know what to think of Ash's clones.

Edit: Time to review some of these changes. The main point is about Bladestorm control of execution. Some points on other abilities too.

Shuriken - The good thing is that bleed proc bypasses shields and armor. This will help against drones and shield drones swarming each other. Not bad DE not bad. 

Source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Slash_Damage
Notable Forum post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/223284-slash-is-op/

More on shuriken: 

In addition to this I think it should deliver a non-impact and zero-damage stagger. Similar to the one that stuns during a Melee combo or smoke screen. A small flinch, if you will.

Shurikens are an ideal tool to preoccupy the enemy with a reaction while closing the distance. I guess this depends on the damage buff from the bleed proc however. Obviously outright killing an enemy is better than making them flinch.

Teleport: While the finisher opportunity is a nice change, I still feel some things have not been looked at..like non-aiming and stagger effectiveness.

More on teleport: 

Aiming/Non aiming: Satisfy all worlds with a triple function ability.
-Tapping 3 on a target teleports directly to target (current).
-Tapping 3 on the environment will teleport you to that location (limit range if necessary)
-Holding 3 while not targeting an enemy, will teleport you to the nearest enemy. (limit range if necessary)

Stagger effectiveness: If an enemy is running directly away from you even the teleport stagger will not slow their pace. By the time you land (without natural talent) the target can keep a 'non-melee' distance away from you. Hopefully the Finisher stagger is marginally longer than the current stagger.

Bladestorm: I'm genuinely delighted to hear that DE are trying to retain the cool factor of Ash's bladestorm. Still we need control. 

Look at this diagram:

eVgbIiF.jpg
Explanation:

This diagram shows what happens with simply 2 shadow copies. Though the same can be implied with more copies. You just lose 'control' faster.

Retain copies for speed but instead of radial cast from target. Make the ability a countdown period in which we can manually bladestorm.
Within bladestorm period you can only use melee and other abilities too:

- Pressing E on enemies in range of melee will melee like normal except using a shadow copy and your own melee weapon. Counts towards multihit counter. Ash player is still active.

- Pressing E on enemies out of range will instantly teleport to them and do the wristblade execution.
Shadow copies follow suit and attack enemies within range of that targeted enemy. Return to original location immediately. (do not automatically continue with another target)

Some 'exotic' ideas concerning bladestorm:

- Holding E will charge up your melee weapon, releasing will strike and release a wave of smoke energy that will blind enemies in a line. (optional)

-At the end of the period, shadow copies around you will throw a smoke bomb and stagger nearby enemies before disappearing. 

- Bladestorm period is 60 seconds, during which all other abilities cost less energy or even zero energy.

Edited by NetSlayer
  • Upvote 30

Another question, will the toggled power's be subject to power efficiency? Are the toggled abilities a straight 1/1 energy conversion / sec or will there be a higher "start up" cost and then a lower sustained cost?

If the abilities are no longer affected by power duration mods, then what is stopping us from pumping ourselves up on power efficiency/Fleeting expertise with no negative repercussion.

Edited by RespectTheInternet
  • Upvote 12

Sweet! I hope Energy Vampire, Sound Quake and Absorb have cooldown or some other anti-spamming measures in place, but I'm looking forward to the changes!

• Upvote 1

However, please note that we did mention Nova explicitly and changes are in the works that will be covered in a follow up post shortly.

Added an explicit Nova detail.

• Upvote 13

Wait, what does "90% immunity" mean? Blessing will give X% damage reduction based on health? 

Also, isn't that going to punish players for having all their health, if a Trin perform a clutch heal for one teammate that is almost dead? For example, if I heal Nekros for 99% his health, he will have a 99% damage reduction for the duration, but if I can't cast it again while it's active on Nekros (for however long it lasts), I won't be able to heal Oberon when he get harmed thoroughly. Or was that planned for? 

• Upvote 33

I don't know what to think of Ash's clones.

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu.

Believe it!

Now you too can live out your Naruto fantasies. Now all he needs is a Hokage helmet.

• Upvote 54

can Ash have short range "no target" teleport + long range target teleport forced finisher

also

could you guys remoove homing on Shuriken it make it real lame

Edited by Tsoe
  • Upvote 15

good changes overall. looking forward for Ash's teleport

edit: 

can Ash have short range "no target" teleport + long range target teleport forced finisher

also

could you guys remoove homing on Shuriken it make it real lame

i also second this

Edited by ChickenBar
  • Upvote 2