Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Banshee Silence Timer Getting Stuck

Cheridan

The timer on Banshee's Silence is getting stuck repeatedly. One incident it stuck at 5 seconds, another it stuck at 8. It remained stuck until the end of the mission

When this happens, the visual effect and muted audio effect persist, but it no longer had an effect on enemies. Trying to reuse the power gives a Power In Use message.

Edited by Cheridan

Banshee's Earthquake, Nyx's Absorb, and Hydroid's Undertow are all toggle skills now. You press their respective button again to terminate the ability.

Edit: I'm assuming this was posted after Update 13.3, otherwise ignore my post.

OP's asking about Silence, (Banshee's 3) not Sound Quake, (Banshee's 4).

I have no duration mods equiped. I just played again though. When the bug happened this time, and I cast it again, the timer came back and was affecting enemies. When it was done sound came back to normal, but I was still glowing. When I cast it again, the timer stopped at 4.1 seconds. Not sure if it was affecting enemies or not. And I believe I was deaf and glowing again. Sorry for the confusion.

silence lasts a long time and is affected by duration mods are you sure your not just stacking too much duration on her?

I'm pretty sure Silence is not supposed to last an entire run even with maxed Duration.

I had this bug last night too. Silence glow was on, muffled sounds.

Enemies even seem to have that bit of delay before detecting you (or that could just be luck).

I have no duration mods equiped. I just played again though. When the bug happened this time, and I cast it again, the timer came back and was affecting enemies. When it was done sound came back to normal, but I was still glowing. When I cast it again, the timer stopped at 4.1 seconds. Not sure if it was affecting enemies or not. And I believe I was deaf and glowing again. Sorry for the confusion.

Mine was at 11 yesterday. But the timer does freeze.

Once I use silence the effect on the enemies goes away but the effect on me does not go away. 

I tested this on multiple missions with and without me being the host, each time I would use silence it would never shut off. 

Yes I actually like using silence :D

This literally just happened to me too, hadn't played Banshee since the update and wanted to give her another go.

Jumping off the map reset the skill and allowed me to recast it but the sound muffle persisted.

Thanks for saving me the thread though.

Same problem here. When Banshee was first changed I had no issues with silence or her other abilities. Then silence started locking up intermittently. Now silence fails to work correctly 100% of the time. I activate it, it works normally for a few seconds, then the timer stops counting down and freezeds. Silences effect expires as normal but any further attempts to use silence get the "power in use" message. Other abilities are not affected.

This is just another manifestation of the power in use bug Banshee used to suffer with soundquake, most likely. Really hope this gets fixed. Banshee is (was) viable now that silence is mobile. Only got to enjoy that for a few days, now she isn't playable again. :(