The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music You Hear When Playing?

The_Sharp_Demonologist

With the last Devstream talking about sound and music why not following that same line and talk about music you hear while playing? sure the drums are pretty cool but sometimes we like to turn it off and hear something of our own.

For me it depends on the warframe and the mood at the moment. Something like this:

Valkyr: Most of the time Either Madman by Djerv or the Mirai Nikki first OP.

Vauban: I like to hear Creature feature when using this guy for some reason, mostly "A gorey Demise" or "It was a dark and stormy night" on mobile missions and "Fire Far" by Miracle of Sound when on Defence missions.

Or Engage my  "Pretty Princess Booben" mode with the derpingly awesome Luky Star OP or my recent addition the Witch Craft Works Ending, wich is almost as catchy as Luki start opening while still being pretty fun.

Ember: Headstone and Ladder to the Moon by Djerv cause they are @(*()$ awesome.

I recently debolted Trinity so may start lving her again. Whenever i play as her i hear Hidan's theme from Naruto Shippuden cause i play her pretty much like how Hidan fights, you know Misery Loves company heh.

What song do YOU play when playing Warframe? comment them below and dont forget to have FUN!

Lately Disturbed.

You. I like you.

Disturbed covers a lot of the themes for the warframes.

Excalibur/General: Warrior

Ember: Inside the Fire

Rhino: Indesructible

Saryn: Down With the Sickness

Valkyr: Pyscho

Nyx: Land of Confusion(it's a cover but still counts)

Loki: Deciever

Nekros: Another Way to Die

Another overall: Remember

I play a few different kinds of music while ingame. All depends upon what tileset/faction/boss I'm fighting.

If I'm in the Void: Granado Espada - Akashic Record

I love how it starts somewhat melodic, but has a consistently haunting overtone. The beat that comes in at around 0:46 really gets me going. The string instrument being played (not sure if it's synth) really gels with how lofty and powerful the Orokin Tower halls feel. This is the only music I can think of that fits the Void.

If I'm fighting Corpus: Zircon - Depth Charge

Or pretty much almost anything from Zircon. Lots of beats to keep the blood pumpin' as well as a nice techno undertone to fit with the Corpus.

When I'm fighting Infested: Path of Exile - The Warden's Quarters

Dark, brooding, moody. Makes OD ALOT more fun...

When I'm fighting Grineer: Bastion - Mine, Windbag, Mine

Or anything with a bit of a rock/industrial anthem going on. With this particular one, I like that it actually HAS industrial sounds going on. The beat is steady, and there's an air of anxiety mixed with determination. (Also, the game it came from is one of my favorite indies ever.)

Of course I change it up from time to time but those are my favorites for particular factions. I have more music just for particular boss battles. For instance, when I'm fighting Lephantis: Granado Espada - Al Quelt Moreza

I start this song for his 2nd form. If timed just right, the grotesque feel of the beginning of this song ends right when you actually begin fighting him. Gets you pretty hyped up; at least it does for me.

Edited by SoulEchelon

depends not really on my mood, more like the weather

i have a list of random songs these include:

-sorairo days

-libera me from hell (bet you know what i am a fan of now)

-Blumenkranz

-sometimes gomen ne ii ko ja irarenai if i want to be put on "maximum powah" or if im waitning for something to be done crafting in 2 minutes

-casual play will probably be lovely brain ( http://www.absolute-video-games.com/audio/1851/lovely-brain )

-if i feel tired mayby elevator music or gwyn lord of cinder

-if i feel pumped (full of intoxicants, that is) i listen to the armored titan theme from AOT

-generally "gud" stuff is wolf drawn by emancipator

one of my favorite relaxing musicians is the sadly departed nujabes, it just lets my stiffness ooze out 

all of this stuff i choose enhances the gameplay for me and even if it breaks the immersion a little it does more to help then hinder the experience

also.......

Edited by AdmiralAvalanche

Depends on the mood and if I have winamp running in the background. I like music from other games along with RPG battle themes and the likes.

A few picks of my own :

A Motion of Finishing Blow (arranged and extended) - Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

Vicious 1915 (extended) - Shadows Hearts Covenant

Boss Battle (extended) - Legend of Dragoon

Sinistral Boss Battle (extended) - Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals

Edited by Wiegraf

when using Zhepyr <3:

when using Nyx:

when using nekros:

when using vauban XD:

when using ash:

when using banshee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2z4xva_t6o

when using hydorid:

when using trinity (before the nerf XD) :

when using oberon XD (stfu this song is amazing):

when using volt:

when using ember:

with the rest i just play ramdom music or i put the game sound on..

ah and in rescue 2.0 misions:

Edited by Toppien

music is the first option I turn off whenever I play a game and I do not play my own tastes in music either to make up for it. ruins the vibe for me.

notable exceptions would be any Grand Theft Auto games and the incar radio. i like to annoy fellow online gta players by changing the

radio station constantly till I have some annoying 80's song going.