Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Bad Were Things Back Then?

Bayle_Fire

If you had an Acrid you were a God.

Also, armor-ignore or GTFO

I so hate the fact that despair is now a better weappon then kunai :/  now kunai think "are you serious its like trhowing qtips"

(of course  it makes sense that despair are just better kunai, cant shake the feeling tho)

new "energy weapons" are reskinned boltors, I hate that to the point of selling those things

I also miss when spectra used to have other possible functions then doorstopping and powerpoint laser functions like damage (hah ,just kidding spectra never did any non pshycological WF player damages)

Most of all I miss when I didnt think warframe had the "stair" version of bridge-trolls Everywave@stair should be  a common name for most mobs.

Funny thing is that it still feels like a closed beta or even an alpha... with a bunch of stuff piled up on top of it.

Its an alpha test with pretty scarf pacs for sale.   How much players tolerate being in collosal layers of rng with bugs until they ragequit.

Edited by Avoozle

If you did it right you could use Excalibur's radial javelin to impale enemies to ceilings (that's Captain Vor specifically in the picture when he used to be a red marine)

http://i.imgur.com/RYxcskL.jpg

Clan dojos also used to look entirely different

http://i.imgur.com/MMzMSRj.jpg

It also had some really interesting glitches:

Like shooting with your melee weapons

http://i.imgur.com/AnwjAEN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VDavbck.jpg

and volt's lightning had a tendency to stick to things

http://i.imgur.com/K0IBdQ8.jpg

and lets not forget about all of the different textures rhino's iron skin has gone through (sadly no pictures)

Edited by TheMissingCake

The Lotus's old voice sounded like it was through a scratchy radio, but she sounded more human and friendly that way.

"Ok, you're target is the ships' computer mainframe."

"That's it, now get the hell out of there."

"There's a heavy unit approaching. It's the Grineer."

Also, when they first introduced survival in an event, the only way to complete was for the entire squad to be wiped out. The first time I did it my team died in a sea of life support capsules...

Also, (not sure if this is still in effect) but there was one boss, Tyl Regor I believe, who was right next to a pit, and you could knock him off the stage by ragdolling him with the Kestrel into the pit and it would instakill him.

Still works :D

12. Grineer spoke english

13. The Corpus levels used to have an announcer that would talk about safety every now, and then.

These are things I wouldn't mind having back. I mean, the Grineer language made sense, and I would probably punch someone if they said "Stay close to the walls" but I just feel nostalgic hearing the *Bing* "Code 6 on the mining deck"

What did one grineer say to the other?

Stay close to the walls!

Potato Famine once. Sad times.

1359640933640.jpg 

#NeverForget

Also:

The only reliable place to get CMods was Hyena

Loki's invisibility didn't cloak the sentinel

Ruk had Bullet Attractor

Vor was a beefier red Flameblade

Buzzsaws (#BringBackBuzzsaws)

Xini belonged to the infestation

Rhino had a pure godmode invincibility skill that was only duration based and could be extended to 19-20 seconds per cast... With just Continuity.

Jackal could easily wipe the whole party

The only way to kill Jackal through his shields (instead of the intended Leg>Torso>Leg... method) was Twin Vipers through Volt's shield

Slash Dash's and Rhino Charge's weakness was stairs

Getting Mag in a PUG boss run was awesome. Whenever we would see Bullet Attractor evey Excalibro would Javelin. There was always a Loki (at least every 2 or 3 runs) that died a lot as well

Slash Dash used to deal Serrated Blade damage which dealt 3x damage to light infested and ignored the armor of Ancients

Also also:

Funny thing is that it still feels like a closed beta or even an alpha... with a bunch of stuff piled up on top of it.

^This

You never lived unless you saw the Grineer Scorpions with the description of 

''Makes the hurt feel good''

God, yes.

I remember the old Grineer voices and the suspicious Lotus voice  PA system on the Corpus Ships... I miss that so much.

So far to me as the OP of the thread in my perspective... 

It just sounds like Warframe was really stale back then. It had a different feel to it instead of it's rapid paste combat it is today. Thanks for the responses guys! I'm more thankful on certain things then I was before.

Acrid.

If you had it, you beat the game. It was brokingly OP.

It ignored armour, and you poisoned your enemies, which also stacked, and it had ridiculous damage.

Edited by Sorez

Oh, where do I begin?

-We had armour-ignoring damage types (RIP serrated blade, armour piercing and physics impact)

-The Hikou, Kunai and Despair were all different and with valid reasons to pick any of them (high anti-Infested damage on the Hikou, guaranteed stagger on the Kunai, higher raw DPS on the Despair)

-Melee weapons were a LOT more satisfying to use (either massive dismemberment, guaranteed ragdolling or sending corpses flying on death)

The Acrid and Flux Rifle were worth using

-Corpus ships had the PA system

-Energy effects had actual transparency and bloom luminosity

-The UI was more readable

-Drop tables weren't diluted to crap

-The Infested had a place on the solar system

-Enemies were fewer in number, but tougher and each fight felt satisfying

Should be mention the annoying one first:

-MODS is not stack like it is now, if you have 15 K mods, it means 15 K picture in the all tab...
-Fusioning mods can only be apply one by one ( without duplicates/cores option too)

-Warframe Parts Is dropped by boss, and that means in 5 runs you can even not get a single BP parts.

-Every rare resource is extremely rare that can only be obtained from boss, while from other mobs have very very low chance. Everything only have 1 per bundle, so there was no 2 neural sensors or 3 neurodes from a bundle.

-NO TRADING at all.  Yes you only have 50 plat forever if you don't charge any money. You should grind to get the stuff you want. You have many duplicates thing that is sitting collecting dust.

-NO Build /appearance save. If you change frame/weapon you should remod it one by one.

DE doing a good job making many progress. Thumbs up for them.

Somewhere to throw all of my old screenshots? Yay.

Weird UI bugs:

weirdbugs_zps08d93e69.jpg

Saving your Crush until you found a room with at least 15 dudes inside:

megacrush_zpsacf86baf.jpg

Old ancients, and when Gram was just a big Plasma Sword:

oldancient_zpsc11fd364.jpg

Tinfoil Iron Skin and DAT BLOOM:

tinfoil1_zps1fc25232.jpg

tinfoil2_zps498a9cf5.jpg

Shooting bullets from - and reloading - your hand:

reloadyourhand_zps9f0cf42a.jpg

The 'other' Void:

theothervoid_zps19f0f2a5.jpg

Tactical crate-standing:

cratetactics_zps9a155800.jpg

Kogake Physics:

kogakephysics_zpsa7f07c85.jpg

Boar Physics:

boarphysics_zpsa2258630.jpg

The eternal Dual Skana sale:

dualskanasale_zps803d5aeb.jpg

Nightmare Vor:

nightmarevor_zpsecb56fe7.jpg

Edited by UnearthedArcana

Mods were not shared between frames(and between weapons). So you had to manually transfer every frigin mod that you need from one warframe to the other when you wanted to change frames. same with weapons and sentinels.

This plus if you had 219 Ammo Drums you would have to scroll through all of them. And the scrolling was different too. You would have to click next page everytim and wait for it to load.