Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Origin System, Whats That?!

Kasamoto

LotusTransmissionWEB_1.jpg

A New Threat

Unfortunately, my suspicions have proved warranted. We now know that Alad V is up to something and it involves the infested. Your attacks on his shipments will have set him back but the Origin System is a vast place and I fear some of his vessels escaped detection.

For now we must wait and prepare. When Alad V makes his next move, you must be ready. The real battle is yet to come.

-The Lotus

Wait, what?!

The "Origin" System? What is that? At first I thought it was a typo and was supposed to be the "Orokin System" but then I checked with other languages and they all say "Origin System"

Was it ever mentioned before and did I miss it? When?

As PhantomRUS9 said, the "origin system" is just our solar system.

As for other systems potentially appearing...

it's been hinted at in past streams

Yeah, I know it's been hinted at. :) More reason to hope for them.

Origin system is what the different factions call our solar system in game. (Also sometimes named the Sol System, after our sun.)

It is called that because this is the place where all the factions we know currently originate from. It is an interesting bit of lore left over that the Orokin originally likely controlled a number of systems - at least two. Because Pluto is the home to a very large solar rail leading out of the Origin System. The Corpus on Pluto are actually trying to repair that Rail for use.

lol.. I was half-expecting at least a post about Ultima :) 

p.s. if you know what I am talking about, you are in my generation :P

IMHO Origin will ALWAYS be the company that brought us the Ultima, Wing Commander, and the Crusader series and their spinoffs, not to mention publishing some other greats like Abuse, System Shock and Shadowcaster, and lets not forget Bioforge

i LUV'd Origin back in the day

EA using their name now is a disgrace IMHO =[, sadly their great legacy is now tainted by EA owning the rights to the name =[, I hope maybe one day Garriott will be able to buy back the rights somehow

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Origin system is what the different factions call our solar system in game. (Also sometimes named the Sol System, after our sun.)

It is called that because this is the place where all the factions we know currently originate from. It is an interesting bit of lore left over that the Orokin originally likely controlled a number of systems - at least two. Because Pluto is the home to a very large solar rail leading out of the Origin System. The Corpus on Pluto are actually trying to repair that Rail for use.

Took them quite long. We already have Solar Rails built, so why don't we build our rails out of the Origin System?

EDIT: And speaking of which, what has Plastids got to do with building a Solar Rail for us?

Edited by Renegade343

Took them quite long. We already have Solar Rails built, so why don't we build our rails out of the Origin System?

EDIT: And speaking of which, what has Plastids got to do with building a Solar Rail for us?

Because the furthest our Solar Rails go, (Eris to Uranus when their orbit's oppose) is ~100AU and the nearest Solar system to ours is just under 1,000,000AU away

It's likely the requirements are _slightly_ greater.

That said the Mag Prime codex entry is quite specific that the Sentients War was happening in at least one other solar system:

The alien blue star was dark and blinding beyond us
Edited by SilentMobius

Because the diameter of our solar system is ~180AU (The furthest out Solar Rails go) and the nearest Solar system to ours is just under 1,000,000AU away

It's likely the requirement are _slightly_ greater.

The Corpus have an Earth year or two to build that rail. Given the time taken to build our Solar Rails, the Corpus should have already finished their Solar Rail by now (accounting for extra time taken to stabilise/fix mistakes). 

I'm sure there is some complicated reason for it being busted so badly. 

Considering it is a rail leading to another system instead of a rail that helps get to locations within the current system I'd suppose it is a safe bet it is much more complex.

I'm sure there is some complicated reason for it being busted so badly. 

Considering it is a rail leading to another system instead of a rail that helps get to locations within the current system I'd suppose it is a safe bet it is much more complex.

Should be a similar, if not entirely the same, design, is it? Given that the Corpus are rather efficient in work, I would have thought they would have fixed and/or rebuilt the Rail already. 

And do you know the answer to why we need Plastids for building a Solar Rail?

Should be a similar, if not entirely the same, design, is it? Given that the Corpus are rather efficient in work, I would have thought they would have fixed and/or rebuilt the Rail already. 

And do you know the answer to why we need Plastids for building a Solar Rail?

It is possible that the problem with the Pluto super-rail is related to a part that the Corpus are unable to imitate, thus repairs are at a standstill while they research options. Just a thought.

And rails take plastids because they're high in calories.

It is possible that the problem with the Pluto super-rail is related to a part that the Corpus are unable to imitate, thus repairs are at a standstill while they research options. Just a thought.

Ok, maybe...

And rails take plastids because they're high in calories.

Still weird nonetheless.