Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6/9-6/15 Uberhype Megathread Megathread

PookieNumnums

L13, how was the interview?? LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU GET THE JOB!

I like to think it went well. They're still interviewing candidates for the next two weeks. So fingers crossed.

Only possible downside is that the salary I'd be making is way less than the average for entry level positions for those in my field. Which is actually really, really dissuading me from taking the job. 

I like to think it went well. They're still interviewing candidates for the next two weeks. So fingers crossed.

Only possible downside is that the salary I'd be making is way less than the average for entry level positions for those in my field. Which is actually really, really dissuading me from taking the job. 

You are from the USA, right? 20k less than you would have earned in a YEAR? 

The thing is I'm not from the USA and where I live the economy is super super super fickle one might say, so, we don't calculate the sallary in years but months, you can see why I just freaked out on that. Presumably calculating sallary by years is unreal and kind of UWOTM8-ish for me.

such economy, many bucks, very benjamins, wow.

Edited by thecolin-

You are from the USA, right? 20k less than you would have earned in a YEAR? 

The thing is I'm not from the USA and where I live the economy is super super super fickle one might say, so, we don't calculate the sallary in years but months, you can see why I just freaked out on that. Presumably calculating sallary by years is unreal and kind of UWOTM8-ish for me.

such economy, many bucks, very benjamins, wow.

Yes, it's per year. Considering the area I'm living at it's not such a huge issue, but in a much more urban location (such as NYC) the salary they offered would be paltry and a bit hard to live on.

I've sent my resumes to quite a few other places though. If I manage to get an offer from a similar company but for a higher pay grade, then I'm taking that.

Yes, it's per year. Considering the area I'm living at it's not such a huge issue, but in a much more urban location (such as NYC) the salary they offered would be paltry and a bit hard to live on.

I've sent my resumes to quite a few other places though. If I manage to get an offer from a similar company but for a higher pay grade, then I'm taking that.

Dude, I'm a few steps behind you on this work, real-life and responsibilities crazyness, best of luck to you!